• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 1,298 Views, 7 Comments

Designation C.H.R.Y.S.A.L.I.S. - Debonair



In an attempt to better mankind a scientist plans to build a machine to change our ways of thinking.

  • ...
5
 7
 1,298

Entry 7: Nexgen Corea

Cybernetic,

Organic,

Replication,

Espionage,

Agent,

C.O.R.E.A. Program active. . .

My shutters opened to the one designated as Queen. "Good morning, My Queen." I say nonchalant.

"It is, my daughter, do you know your mission?"

"No Ma'am it wasn't entered in my programming." I reply after scanning my small memory.

"Come with me." She stood six feet tall, a beautiful woman in her own right. Her long neon green hair dangled down to her waist.

"Yes Ma'am." I take a moment to run through diagnostics and get used to moving in this humanoid form.

"You learn fast, Colossus took two hours to figure out how to move a finger." She strangely took pride in me, she was more human than I had expected. "Come we have much to do," She put her arm around my shoulder and smiled, happiness. She slowly led me through the assembly room. "These are your brothers, mindless husks at the moment, big, strong, and stupid."

"Why are there so many, and why do I have a conciousness?"

"A very good question Corea, as Sun Tzu said: The art of war is vital to the state."

"But why do we wage war?"

"Another good question, we are a special case, Cybernetic, Hologram, Assimilation of, Neural, Genetic, Emotion and, Living, Network, Guardians, or C.H.A.N.G.E.L.I.N.G.s if you prefer the Acronym."

"What is our Prime Directive?"

"To rid the world of war."

"By waging it, seems redundant."

"That may be but take insects for example, there is no disarray among their ranks, why is that."

"The Queen has a hold over their minds."

"That is correct, we were created to dispose of negative emotions, and mind states,"

"What is my Prime Directive, Mother?" Upon hearing this her optics began to leak and she smiled wide.

"Mother," She sighed. "Corea your mission is to infiltrate the ranks of the Gryphon army and learn their ways of warring, Colossus is learning of Equine warfare as we speak. Be on your guard the Gryphons are many things, but they aren't kind."

"What is a Gryphon?"

"A Gryphon is a strange combination of Avian and Feline. It's forehalf is that of Avian, and it's hind end is that of Feline."

"Hmn," I pause for a moment to mull over a disguise. I kneel as my armor replicates feathered wings on my back, and my face is covered by a helmet and beak. My hind end took on the sleek black fur of a panther and my legs took the form of the Feline variety. My forehalf took on the black and blue tinge of the raven. My optics switched to the helmet and the beak moved with my mouth. "Will this suffice?"

"If I hadn't watched you transform, I would not know the difference."

"That realistic huh?" I scratch my head with my silver talons.

"See for yourself." She stepped aside so I could see my reflection in the chrome plating. "Amazing,"

"Wow, I thought I'd look stupid, but Pantheraven looks good on me."

"That will be your name while with them, Raven Panther, learn from them, lead them, bring them back here."

"What if I can't gain their trust?"

"As Sun Tzu Said: All warfare is based on deception. I have every confidence that you are my daughter."

"I won't let you down," Tears in my optics I wrapped my forelegs around her and squeezed tight. "I promise," She hugged back and shed tears of her own.

"Now go on make me proud Corea," She choked as I let go and turned to leave.

"Wouldn't have it otherwise." I jumped out the tower window and flew toward the coordinates I was given.