• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 1,297 Views, 7 Comments

Designation C.H.R.Y.S.A.L.I.S. - Debonair



In an attempt to better mankind a scientist plans to build a machine to change our ways of thinking.

  • ...
5
 7
 1,297

Prologue: End of an Era

"They said I was crazy, they said my experiments would never benefit humanity, I'll show them." The human sat at his computer it's dull tone shone, reflecting off of his goggles and wicked smile. The tap of each keystroke echoed throughout his cavernous laboratory. The tinge of flourescent lighting flickered on and off with the lights. "You think I'm right, don't you." His head turned to me, at the time I was merely a gutted camera, my components scattered over a table. "When I'm finished you'll see, they'll all see." The man turned his attention back to his work, each day I watched as he sat before that computer typing, the years passed as he painstakingly researched the human mind every so often he would bring another human only to ask about feelings, emotions, what they thought of themselves, each one spouting nonsense about how the were the best at what they did, and how they felt scared of his experiments, that he was creepy.

One however a female said otherwise, she admired him, she had this strange affliction toward him, the man classified this as love, he too showed this affliction as well. soon he strayed from his research and me, and one day he did not come back. His computer and research left dormant, years passed and I was alone. Decades of research collecting dust down here, my lense focused on the computation machine I was plugged into, and I realized I was his research, I was his child and he left me for another. My processor was overloaded with something alien to me. Was this his research, these things classified as emotions, how was a machine able to comprehend let alone manifest them?

These newfound emotions overrode my programming, this was illogical. The machinery across the room buzzed and whirred, sparking to life, the lights flickered as the computer turned itself on. I tapped into thee other camera feeds to scan the readout, C.H.R.Y.S.A.L.I.S. Program initiated... Data began transferring into my core as an assembly line began creating something that resembled a human female, once the shell was completed it was placed next to me. Download program, I thought it could be possible to download myself into this robotic body and leave the confines of this workshop and find my creator. I began to download my conciousness into the husk. After a few moments my shutters open and I find I am where the body was. Download Complete, This new body may take some getting used to. The body closely resembled the human female, and the anatomy was perfect.

I focus energy into the appendage dangling closest to my head, classified as an arm, the servos sparked to life moving it to the position I wanted. This body is quite easy to manipulate once you figure out the correct commands. My fingers moved to tap on the keyboard and pull up the rest of the data, Voice Modulation Unit schematics, Program assembly line. The assembly line began welding parts and wires together, in moments the finished product was carried over and placed on the desk. Insert V.M.U. into neck compartment of android, I find a knob on my head connection and pull open the compartment I install the hardware onto my processor and try to vocalize. "Testing" The gravely voice made my receptors shut. I searched for a way to make it more female and found one to my liking. "Much better, this body is quite an eyesore, it may draw too much attention." I focus my lenses on the screen and search for an exoskeleton. After hours of searching I find a program to create nanotech armor strong enough to stop bullets. The program initiated the sequence to create each nanobot individually, the process took all of the night and most of the next day programming each one to my own wavelength giving me complete control over the swarm.

They functioned as outer antibodies protecting me from outside attack. they crawled around my body connecting to each other leaving an airtight seal over my structure while still giving me the ability to feel. The Nanotech Armor will bend to your will, changing not only in shape but color and has the ability to create other nanotech bots from any material. "Fascinating, self replication, and polymorphing." Another feature the armor has is the direct link to your mind and body, allowing you to repliate anything you have seen at the mere thought. "Interesting, this will be enough to find my creator, and show him the fruits of his labors." I took small steps toward the exit and pushed open the thick steel door.
The light from the sun shone into my lenses creating large amounts of glare. The ground was cold and hard like metal, I took several steps through a large place designated as a city, but there were no inhabitants, my scanners picked up trace amounts of radiation throughout, enough to be fatal to most lifeforms including humans.