• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 832 Views, 13 Comments

Into the Mind of a Simpler Mare - harrytheneat



These are the progress reports of the experiment to increase Derpy Hooves's thinking power.

  • ...
3
 13
 832

I dont want to make Celeschia angrey

Into the Mind of a Simpler Mare
Story based on Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Edit by me
Mabey I shoudnt of let them oparate on my branes like she sed if its agenst Celeschia.
I dont want to make Celeschia angrey.


Progris riport 6th Mar 8.
Im skared. Lots of ponys who werk at the libary and the ponys at the hospitle came to wish me luk. Spike brot me some flowers he sed they were from the ponys at the psych departmint. He wished me luk. I hope I have luk. I got my lucky coin and my luky three leef clover my horshoe and my luky charms cereal. Twilite sed dont be so superstishus Ditzy. This is sience. I dont no what sience is but they all keep saying it so mabye its something that helps you have good luk. Anyway Im keeping my coin in one hoov and and my cereal in my mouth and my luky clover in my other hand with the hole in it. The clover I meen. My hand dosnt have a hole in it. I had the horshoe on my back hoov to but its hevy so I
mite leeve it in my jaket.
Swifter from the post offise brot me a chokilat cake from Pinky Pie and the folks at the bakery and they hope I get better soon. At the post offise they think Im sick becaus thats what Twilite sed I shoud tell them and nothing about an operashun for getting smart. Thats a secrit until after in case it dont werk or something goes wrong.
Then Mr Whooves came to see me and he brout me some books to reed,
and he lookd kind of nervus and skared. He fixd up the flowres on my tabel
and put evrything nice and neet not messd up like I made it. And he fixd the pilow under my hed. he likes me alot becaus I try very hard to tern smart not like some of the ponys at the mare center who dont reely care. he wants me to get smart. I know.
Then Spike sed I cant have any more visiters becaus I got to rest. I
askd Spike if I coud beet Angel in the race after the operashun and
he sayd mabye. If the operashun werks good I'll show that bunny I can be as
smart as he is even smarter. Then I'll be abel to reed better and spell the
werds good and know lots of things and be like other ponys. Boy that woud
serprise everyone.
If the operashun werks and I get smart mabye I'll be abel
to find my mom and dad and sister and show them. Boy woud they be serprised
to see me smart just like them and my sister.
Twilite says if it werks good and its perminent they will make other ponys like me smart also. Mabye ponys all over equestia. And she sed that meens Im doing somthing grate for sience and I'll be famus and my name will go down in the books. I dont care so much about beeing famus. I just want to be smart like other ponys so I can have lots of frends who like me.
They dint give me anything to eat today. I dont know what eating got to do with geting smart and Im. hungry. Spike took away my choklate cake. That Spike is a growch. Twilite says I can have it back after the operashun and she wont let Spike eat it. You cant eat before a operashun. Not even muffins.


PROGRESS REPORT 7 MARCH 11
The operashun dint hert. Twilite did it while I was sleeping. I dont know
how because I dint see but there was bandiges on my eyes and my head for 3
days so I couldnt make PROGRESS REPORTS till today.
the skinny nerse who wached me riting says I spelld PROGRESS rong and she tolld me how to spell it and REPORT to and MARCH. I got to remembir that. I have a very bad memary for speling. Anyway they took off the bandiges from my eyes today so I can make a PROGRESS REPORT now. But there is still some bandigis on my head.
I was skared when they came in and tolld me it was time to go for the
operashun. They maid me get out of the bed and on another bed that has weels
on it and they rolld me out of the room and down the hall to the door that says sergery. Boy was I serprised that it was a big room with green walls and lots of docters sitting around up high all around the room waching the operashun. I dint no it was going to be like a show.
A mare came up to the tabel all in wite and with a wite cloth on her face
like in TV shows and rubber glovs and she sed rilax Ditzy its me Twilite. I sed hi doc Im skared. she sed theres nothing to be skared about Ditzy. she sed youll just go to sleep. I sed thats what Im skared about. she patted my head and then 2 staleons also waring wite masks came and straped my arms and legs down so I coudnt move them and that maid me very skared and my stomack feeled tite like I was gone to make all over but I only wet a littel and I was gone to cry but they put a rubber thing on my face for me to breeth in and it smelld funny.
All the time I herd Twilite talking out loud about the operashun telling evrybody what she was gonna do. But I dint understand anything about it and I was thinking mabye after the operashun I'll be smart and I'll understand all the things shes talking about. So I breethed deep and then I gess I was very tired becase I went to sleep.
When I waked up I was back in my bed and it was very dark. I coudnt see nothing but I herd somepony talking. It was the nerse and Spike and I sed whats the matter why dont you put on the lites and when are they gonna operate. And they laffed and Spike sed Ditzy its all over. I was scared becos i thought he was saying i died..he sed its dark because you got bandijis over your eyes. Its a funny thing. They did it while I was sleeping.
Spike comes in to see me evry day to rite down all the things like my tempertur and my blud preshur and the other things about me. He says its on acount of the sientific methid. They got to keep reckerds about what happins so they can do it agen when they want to. Not to me but to the other ponys like me who aint smart. Thats why I got to do these progress reports. Spike says its part of the esperimint and they will make fotastats of the reports to study them so they will know what is going on in my mind. I dont see how they will know what is going on in my mind by looking at these reports. I read them over and over a lot of times to see what I rote and I dont no whats going on in my mind so how are they going to. But anyway thats sience and I got to try to be smart like other ponys. Then when I am smart they will talk to me and I can sit with them and listen like Swifter and Stamps and Grumpy do when they talk and have a discushen about importent things.
While their werking they start talking about things like Luna or about the truble with all the mony celeschea is spending or about the ripubliponys and demistaleons. And they get all excited like their gonna have a fite so Stamps got to come in and tell them to get back to sorting or theyll all get canned union or no union. i dont no what that meens but I want to talk about things like that.
If your smart you can have lots of fiends to talk to and you never get lonley by yourself all the time. Twilite says its ok to tell about all the things that happin to me in the progress reports but she says I shoud rite more about what I feel and what I think and remember about the past. I tolld her I dont know how to think or remembir and she sed just try. All the time the bandiges were on my eyes I tryed to think and remembir but nothing happined. I dont know what to think or remembir about. Maybe if I ask her she will tell me how I can think now that Im suppose to get smart. What do smart ponys think about or remembir. Fancy things I bet. I wish I new some fancy things alredy.


March 12–
I dont have to rite PROGRESS REPORT on top evry day just when I start a new batch after Spike takes the old ones away. I just have to put the date on top. That saves time. Its a good idea. I can sit up in bed and look out the window at the gras and trees outside.
The skinney nerses name is ALOE thats how you spell it. she is very good to me. She brings me things to eat and she fixes my bed and she says I was a very brave mare to let them do things to my hed. She says she woud never let them do things to her branes for all the tea in canterlot. I tolld her it wasnt for tea in canterlot. It was to make me smart. ALOE laffed and sed mabey they got no rite to make me smart because if Celechia wantid me to be smart she would have made me born that way. And what about adim and Eev and the sin with the tree of harminy and eating the zapappel. And mabey Twilite and Spike was tampiring with things they got no rite to tampir with. She's very skinney and when she talks her face gets all red. She says mabey I better prey to Celeschia to ask her to forgiv what they done to me so i dont go to the moon. I dint eat no zapappels or do nothing sinful. And now Im skared. I dont want to go to the moon. Mabey I shoudnt of let them oparate on my branes like she sed if its agenst Celeschia. I dont want to make Celeschia angrey.