• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 580 Views, 0 Comments

Elements of Flame - Princess Cadenza



A new spirit of Flame enters Eqquestria. What happens when the ponies turn to the dark side?

  • ...
 0
 580

Sparking's First Victim

At Ponyville, Sparking Fire was sneaking around Town Square. She needed at least one pony to come up...

Aha! Perfect! Twilight Sparkle, leader of the Elements of Harmony. Sparking flew above her.

Did I just see--? Twilight thought. No, Twilight. You got rid of the Flame Ponies already. Your eyes must be playing tricks on you again. It's nothing.

Sparking laughed. Twilight flinched.

No, I'm positive it was something. I'm sure it was.

''Twilight Sparkle,'' Sparking said. ''Your eyes are not playing tricks on you.''

''W-Who are you?'' Twillight asked the Flame Pony.

''Sparking Fire,'' Sparking replied.

''Sparking Fire? I thought you didn't live here in Equestria. Or on the world,'' Twilight said.

''I don't,'' Sparking said. ''But does that even matter now? I want to let you in on something. I promise it's safe.''

Twilight hesitated for a moment. ''Fine.''

''Follow me,'' Sparking said. She led her to a private area.

''It's a secret: Canterlot will be destroyed. Your friends as you know it will perish from Equestria. You'll never be the same again,'' Sparking said.

''Huh?!'' Twilight said, now starting to panic.

''None of that will happen if you join over to my side. I promise. We'll save Equestria instead.''

''No.''

''Excuse me?''

''No,'' Twilight shouted. ''I know you're trying to invade Equestria with new Flame Ponies. It's not happening.''

''I've changed, Twilight. I don't believe in tricking ponies anymore.''

''What do you mean?''

''It never works.''

''Fine,'' Twilight said. ''What are we going to do?''

''What I want to do is activate a new season of Elements,'' Sparking replied. ''Elements of Flame. They protect Equestria from coldness and hunger.''

''Uh huh,'' said Twilight unsuredly. ''Well, I'll think about it. Maybe I'll do it. Maybe not. But for now I have a lot of studies to do.''

''Remember what I said, Twilight. Save Equestria. Canterlot. Your eleven pony friends forever,'' Sparking said and in a flash, she was gone.

''That was almost weirder than the fact that Canterlot will be destroyed. And my friends gone. But I guess I'll give it a try.''

Sparking laughed. ''That was almost too easy! She thought the Elements of Flame would save Equestria?!''

She levitated her crown off of her head. ''And the tricking ponies part? I wish!''

She frowned. ''I don't think that I should get that excited yet, though. I mean, one down, five to go.''

She walked over to a box that looked just like the one that the Elements of Frost were kept in. She blew the dust off and carefully opened the box. A golden tiara with a small icon of a flame was placed in it. The five necalices, however... Were different. They had shapes of pentagon-ish shapes.

''I shouldn't be messing with these until I actually have reason to use them,'' Sparking said. ''Which will be later. I need to find the other five ponies to wield them first.''

She stood there, thinking about what to use next. A different story? No, that simply won't do. Then the ponies will start telling each other what they've heard from Sparking Fire and will become suspicious that each story was different. She should use the same story as Twilight got.

''I hope none of this goes wrong,'' the Flame Pony said as she levitated a cup of sugar out of her cuboard. ''Well, it won't. Because I know that those other five ponies don't know anything about me. Nopony ever does.''

Sparking frowned again. ''Then again,Twilight could have told them. I'd better hurry up before anypony finds out.''

She poured the sugar into a pitcher of water and lemon juice. She mixed it up with a wooden spoon, and then poured ice into the pitcher. She poured the drink now made into lemonade into a mug and sipped it like it was hot chocolate. ''It sure isn't easy being a Flame Pony, especially since it's summer.''

Sparking looked at the box of Flame Elements, and looked back at her mug of lemonade. She thought about the Flame Elements for a second, and then started thinking about Twilight.

Hopefully she didn't read that I can shape-shift into another pony whenever I feel like it, she thought, I don't think so, though. Not many authors know a lot about me. Except... Roserobin. I hope she doesn't have any facts about that in her books.

She then levitated a book from her bookshelf. ''Why don't I take a break from planning and do some light reading on Roserobin? I don't remember much from 500 years ago.''

Her horn glowed and flipped through the pages of an old worn out book. ''I kind of liked the old gal.''

The page turning finally stopped at page 118. ''A... Page on Fireflier, huh? Eh, maybe some other time.'' She flipped though the pages some more and came across a page that was empty. 144.

''What was this page supposed to be about?'' Sparking asked herself. She turned the pages back to the beginning.

Sparking Fire, the Most Powerful Flame Pony Ever...........See Page 144.

''Wha... Huh?!'' the Flame Pony said. ''So... Roserobin herself didn't even know that much about me? Then-- Then nopony knew that much about me, either. In fact, nopony might have even ever heard or mentioned my name before!''

She picked up her fire cat, Firebloom. ''Oh, Firebloom! This is wonderful! My talents are secrets!''

Firebloom meowed and licked her paw.

''Then nopony knows any of my weaknesses!'' Sparking said. ''Not that I have any, but... You know what I mean!''

Firebloom mewed again, and leaped out of Sparking's hugging arms. And then walked away.

''Yes, I know...'' Sparking replied. ''Everypony has an Archilles Heel. But I don't. I know I'm more powerful than anypony. In Equestria. I don't deny it.''

Sparking looked out the window. ''Aaand I'd better get going before Twilight tells her friends what I told her. Right, Firebloom?''

Firebloom meowed another time, but from the other room.

''I'll take that as a yes,'' Sparking said and flew to Cloudsdale.