• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 579 Views, 0 Comments

Elements of Flame - Princess Cadenza



A new spirit of Flame enters Eqquestria. What happens when the ponies turn to the dark side?

  • ...
 0
 579

Sparking Fire

Fireflier sat down in front of her sister, Fireflight. They both levitated their plates into the sink.

''So, tell me, sister. When exactly will something flame-related happen next?'' Fireflier asked.

''I haven't given much thought to it,'' said Fireflight. ''I don't think in a while. After two missions in a row. But I think there will be someday. I'm not sure.''

''Is it possible that... Sparking Fire could get to Equestria?'' Fireflier said. Fireflight shivered.

''Let's hope not,'' Fireflight replied. ''I mean, Sparking is really powerful. She's more powerful than every Flame and Frost Pony in the World times ten! The ponies could never beat her!''

''Exactly!'' Fireflier said. ''And then it'll be chaos!''

''But maybe we could help them,'' Fireflight commented. ''Even the other Frost Ponies, and Constellia could help!''

''So... When do you think Sparking will come?'' Fireflier asked. ''Not that we want her to come. No way in Equestria! But to be prepared?''

''Who knows when she's coming?'' Fireflight said. ''We need to be prepared any ti--''

She was cut off by a flaming shooting star that hit the ground outside the house. It made a huge sound, ''BOOM!'' like it didn't want her to finish the sentence.

''S-Sparking?'' Fireflier stammered.

''I would hate to interrupt you on a nice evening,'' a voice boomed. ''And yes. I am Sparking Fire. How nice to be recognized for once.''

''Hey! Don't even think about getting Equestria!'' Fireflight shouted. ''Or the ponies!''

''I didn't even say anything about taking Equestria,'' Sparking said. ''And why would I take your ponies? What would I do with them?''

''I think you're trying to persuade ponies to turn to your side,'' Fireflight said. ''But it won't work this time.''

''And I may sometime,'' Sparking replied. ''I may later. But that doesn't matter right now.''

''It can if you try to take over Equestria again!'' Fireflight said.

''I don't mean taking over Equestria,'' Sparking said. ''And besides, I said I MAY try to get to the ponies. It doesn't mean I will.''

''The way you're talking is making it sound like you definately are,'' Fireflight said. ''And I'll make sure you won't.''

''And what makes you think that?'' Sparking said. ''I didn't SAY I will. Don't suspect anything until you find it out for yourself.''

''All I'm saying is, don't you dare try to get the ponies. You won't,'' the Frost Pony said. ''Not on my watch.''

''Speaking of watches, what time is it?'' Fireflier asked.

''About five,'' Fireflight answered. ''Look, Sparking Fire. I know that you're up to something. You always are. But you're never gonna win!''

''You know what they say,'' Sparking mumbled. '' 'You cant fast foward to the future, you can't rewind to the past.' But I do know I'll win. You'll see.''

And then Sparking wasn't there.

''She's gone. Well, we'd better warn the ponies,'' Fireflight said.

''To who?'' Fireflier asked. ''I mean, Elements? Spellements? Bellements? What?''

''All of them. Everypony,'' said Fireflight.

''Uh huh,'' Fireflier said, taking out a quill, jar of ink, and a blank scroll. ''Ready when you are.''

Fireflight cleared her throat.

''Dear, Elements, Spellements, and Bellements,

A very powerful Flame Pony, Sparking Fire, has entered Equestria. We need your help. Sparking is the most powerful Flame Pony ever in history! Even you can't defeat her alone. Us, the Frost Ponies, are going to help you. Even Constellia will help. Unfortunately, we don't know where Sparking might have gone. Please meet us here in Canterlot Mountains at our house.

~Fireflight and Fireflier.

''Should I send it now?'' Fireflier asked.

''Please do,'' Fireflight replied. ''To make sure that they recieve the message as soon as they can. Sparking could cause an acre of damage every second.''

''I've been wondering what the Elements of Flame were,'' Fireflier said. ''I read about them in a book I was reading about Sparking.''

''Oh, the Elements of Flame?'' Fireflight replied. ''You know how I was saying to Sparking Fire, 'You'd better not persuade the ponies to turn to your side'? Well, she could convince them to turn to the dark side. To become the Elements of Flame and try to invade Equestria with new Flame Ponies.''

''I see,'' Fireflier said.

''Us, my sister, and the other four Frost Ponies not counting Constellia, are supposed to be the Elements of Frost. We're supposed to use our magic and combine them to defeat extremely powerful Flame Ponies. Sparking, for example.''

''Do we have a crown and necalices or anything?'' Fireflier asked. ''I mean, the Elements do. The Bellements do. The Spellements have small charms. What do we use?''

''Follow me,'' Fireflight said and got out of her seat.

The two Frost Ponies walked to the attic of their house, and trotted over to a box. The box was closed and dusty. It didn't look like it was even opened for a thousand years. Fireflight blew on it to blow the dust and bugs off of it.

''This box hasn't been opened for two millenium,'' Fireflight explained. ''We've never had a reason to use them. The Elements of Harmony defeated everything that came in the way. And Sparking wasn't as powerful back then.''

''So what are they?'' Fireflier asked.

''Glad you asked,'' Fireflight answered. She carefully lifted the top of the box upward. Six crystal charms stood there, dusty and all. Each crystal looked different. One, the biggest one, was pink. Another smaller one was orange. Another was yellow. And another green. Another blue. And another purple.

''Whoa,'' Fireflier said. ''That is awesome. Which one belongs to who?''

''You know,'' Fireflight replied. ''There is no clue. No hint which belongs to who. Like I said, we've never weilded them. I don't know.''

''Do these work like the Spellements?''

''They do at first, but then probably change to something else, like the Elements did. I think they work like the Spellements. We've never used these,'' Fireflight answered.

''Uh huh. So we're gonna help the twelve ponies by activating these?''

''Yup.''

''Okay.''

''If you're wondering where or when we're starting,'' Fireflight said. ''Best to be preparing right now. I hope the ponies have gotten their letter by now.''

''Well, let's get preparing if we want to defeat Sparking Fire!'' Fireflier said, getting into the spirit of things.

''Agreed.''