• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 3,892 Views, 49 Comments

Help From a Star - Mat the Brawler



Kirby and Meta-Kight visit Equestra, and help stop an old foe.

  • ...
4
 49
 3,892

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meet and Eat

“OH IT’S A LITTLE PUFF BALL! I WANNA HUG HIM AND SQUEEZ HIM ‘CAUSE HE’S A CUTE LITTLE GUY!” Pinkie gushed. (The others ignored her; she was just being Pinkie Pie)

Everypony else was taken aback. Could this be this legendary hero? Where’s his friend? Please tell me he’s just the friend! They all had their mouths gaping open.

Meanwhile the puff ball flipped over to a sitting position, revealing his deep blue eyes, and rosy cheeks. It looked ahead and sighed. Would he ever have his cake and eat it to? Only then did he take in his surroundings, exhaling a very confused, “Poyo?”

A blue cape swirled into existence, another circular creature in a white mask appearing in it with a strange blade held toward Celestia. The sword was golden and jagged with curved, thorn like protrusions.
“Who are you? Why am I here? Where is this pla-” He belted in a Spanish accent before being interrupted by the pink blob.

The puff interrupted the masked creature in the oddest of ways. He sucked up a mighty amount of air. His mouth seemed like a vacuum cleaner, but 10 times wider and stronger! But the suction was in a limited area, and formed a cone of swirling are where it was potent enough to capture anything. After the blue attacker was in his mouth he spat the creature out. A small scolding was delivered to the caped ball in the form of a shake of the pink puffs head. (I say head; it was more like his entire body moved excluding is feet and stubby appendages)

“Kirby?” The hostile creature said after regaining his composure.

He was met by a, “Humph!” from Kirby who turned away.

An annoyed groan escaped the swordsman.

“P-Princess Celestia, w-what is going on?” Twilight stuttered.

“I’ll tell you when I know if I’ve gone insane or not!” The normally regal pony exclaimed breaking her usual demeanor.

“Princess?” The creature wrapped himself in his cloak. “My apologies madam, I was unaware of your position.” He bowed.

“Who are you two?” The Princess managed, still in shock.

“My name is Sir Meta-Knight, and he is Kirby.”
Kirby delivered a high-pitched, “Hi!” at the sound of his name?”

“I hope you will excuse my previous tone, but would you be so kind as to answer my previous questions?”
“That would be fine, but first a question of my own; is he the one who defeated Nightmare?” Celestia continued.

“Who, Kirby?” The crowd looked to where he was, but no one was there. Upon further inspection he was being chased about by Pinkie Pie. Surprisingly, Kirby managed to keep a fair distance from her. “Yes, he did…”

“How?” Twilight asked, slightly exasperated.

“He has incredible abilities; it would be easier to explain then as they become relevant. Why did you bring up Nightmare?” Meta-Knight moved on.

“He has returned, and is targeting us. That is why I have summoned you here to Equestria.” Celestia explained.

“Who’s this Nightmare?” Twilight interjected.

“Is it related to Luna in some way?” Rainbow added.

“No my subjects, let us explain.” Celestia began.

After the exposition from the Prologue…

“And so Kirby defeated Nightmare with the power of the star rod.” Meta-Knight finished.

“This is a lot to take in.” Applejack said.

“Indeed it is. Well I did have a feast set up to commemorate the arrival of the heroes. It’s being held in the garden, you may go I have other matters to attend to.” Celestia dismissed herself.

“I hope you have a lot of food.” Meta-Knight responded.

When they arrived at the garden there was a huge table full of food. They had everything from sandwiches to, apples, to… tomatoes! Soon, just off to the side of where a table once stood, was a swollen Kirby.