• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 1,739 Views, 59 Comments

A Twisted Crush - Derpsanddinks404



A story about a simple kindergarten crush between Twist and Featherweight.

  • ...
20
 59
 1,739

Dinner with Family

Featherweight turned to leave the playground when he came to a halt. There, at the front of the playground gate, was Heavyweight, Featherweight's fourteen-year-old, brown-coated and black-maned big brother, the very same brother that teases him a lot, and he had seen the kiss! Now Featherweight was doomed! DOOMED!

"Got yourself a fillyfriend, huh Feather?" Heavyweight jeered with a mocking grin.

"Shut up, Heavy!" Featherweight exclaimed in response, thankful nopony was around to hear his brother.

"Wait till I tell Mom and Dad!" Heavyweight jeered again.

Oh no, not Mom and Dad! Featherweight thought both fearfully and angrily. His parents would also joke with him about his crush, and also ask him questions he never wants to even think about (y'know, the ones about... dating). He normally hated his brother, but this was an all-time record for how much he hated him!

Featherweight lowered his head as he walked up next to his brother. "Let's go," he said glumly. And with that, the two pegasi took of cantering home.


"Feather and Heavy, dinner!" called Mom from downstairs.

Featherweight slowly walked down the stairs after his brother, who had practically flown down (for a second, he actually did). In his mind, he was praying to sweet Celestia that Heavy wouldn't mention Twist. Please, for the love of Celestia Heavy, don't say it! he repeated.

Featherweight entered the dining room and semi-leisurely sat next to Heavyweight. To his left sat Dad, who was, as always, nose-deep in his copy of Ponyville Daily. Right behind Dad came Mom from the kitchen, carrying on her back a pan of hayloaf. After gingerly placing the pan on the table, Mom took off her back-pot-holder and seated herself to the right of Heavyweight. On the other side of Featherweight and Heavyweight, sitting in a throne of her own messes, was Babyweight, Featherweight's little sister. She babbled as she picked up her sippy cup and slammed it on her highchair.

Dinner progressed as always, with the occasional chatter of how everypony's day went. Dad contributed to the table talk with news of how well the stocks were on Stall Street. Mom kept her fair share of the conversation with the local Ponyville gossip (turns out Lyra does occasionally dye her mane). Babyweight did her usual gibberish filly-talk while occasionally giggling at her own nonsense. And during all of this, Heavyweight said nothing beyond a simple "thanks" when he was offered corn.

Featherweight thought he was finally out in the clear when Heavyweight put down his empty milk glass. After wiping his mouth with his hoof, Heavyweight proudly proclaimed, "Feather was kissed by an earth pony!"

Featherweight's mouth gaped in shock at what his brother just did. Mom, Dad and even Babyweight were all silent while Mom and Dad processed in their minds what their elder son had just said. Heavyweight sat with a stupid smile on his face at what he had just done. And to his right was Featherweight, who was now wishing he were dead.

Mom was the first to speak. "Feather, is what Heavy just said true?" she asked kindly.

Featherweight slumped in his chair as he constructed an answer. "Well, kinda..." he trailed off, embarrassed.

Now Dad was the one to talk. "Is she cute?"

Featherweight slumped a bit more in his chair as his mother gave a mean look to his father. "Bench, enough! Don't tease the little colt while he's going through his crush stage!"

"It's fine, Mom," Featherweight defended his father. "And she's not my crush! She's just... she's..." he started.

"... She's his fillyfriend!" Heavyweight exclaimed with menacing glee.

"No she is not!" Featherweight automatically denied. "She's just a filly who happens to be my friend!"

The two brothers were locked in a feuding stare when their mother intervened. "Stop teasing your brother, Heavy!"

The stare-off lasted half a second more before each brother returned to their almost-finished meals. Their was silence for another moment before the topic was revived.

"So, does this filly have a name?" Mom asked.

"Uh, yeah. It's Twist," answered Featherweight.

"Twist? As in that nerd with the lisp and glasses? You must be very desperate!" mocked Heavyweight with a snicker.

"She's not a nerd! And I'm not desperate!"

"Heavy! What did I just say?" barked Mom.

Heavyweight finally sat in silence, content with how much he just ticked off his little brother.

"So, what does Twist look like?" Mom asked.

"Is she cute?" Dad asked again, only to receive another look from Mom.

Featherweight ignored his father. "She's white-ish, kinda like me. She has red hair, blue glasses, and purple eyes." Cute, purple eyes, he thought to himself. "If it's alright, I'd really rather not talk about it," he said with hopes of a subject change.

"Of course sweetie," his mother said with a sympathetic smile. And with that, dinner went on for another five minutes. After dinner, Mom made Heavyweight wash dishes for his previous jeers towards his brother. Mom took care of Babyweight while Featherweight readied himself for bed.


. Featherweight was in the middle of a field. He was confused as to how he got there, but didn't care. Off in the distance, Featherweight saw a white speck run towards him through the field of what he now noticed to be daffodils. As the speck drew closer, he realized that a strawberry-maned earth pony was running towards him. Without realizing it, Featherweight too started to run towards the filly. As they met two seconds later, they met in the biggest lip-kiss of either ponies' lives. Featherweight welcomed the overflow of warmth he felt while kissing Twist, his love...

Featherweight woke from the splendid dream with a smile on his face. It took him a second to fully understand what just happened, and when he did, he sat up in his bed, and thought to himself with horror, Oh my Celestia, I just dreamed of kissing a filly!

For the rest of the night, Featherweight contemplated on what he was going to have to do tomorrow. How would he tell Twist he likes really likes her. He knows he had already gave her a gift, but everypony gets each other gifts all the time. And does she like him back? Really like him? During all of this, Featherweight knew one thing for certain:

Tommorrow's going to be a doozy.