• Published 26th May 2024
  • 426 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Kirin - DoYourBest



An alternate version of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic; where the ponies are kirins, and it takes place in Japan.

  • ...
 5
 426

Friendship is Magic Part 1 Chapter One

"So, Mrs. Faust?"

"Yes, Mrs. Strong?" Frost moved an eyebrow.

"I think we should make a series about Kirins."

"It'll be a splendid idea. I'll have Sagwa, her family, the palace staff, Fu-Fu, the alley cats and the mice join the main cast. I've known that Amy Tan created them. I am using them with my
permission."

"Yeah. Indeed."

Once upon a time. There was a town located in Japan, rather than the UK, known to be Equestria, or in some cases, Kirindom. The town of all Kirins. After the Foolish Magistrate's palace back in China was destroyed, he had decided to move here with his staff and the Miao family. The alley cats had decided to move in too. This series is not canon to this guy's Sagwa canon, whom requested this. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The kirins relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger kirin refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon. She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to kirindom: the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both...

"Sun and moon..." said Twilight Sparkle and the narrator altogether.

Twilight Sparkle told the narrator to let her finish the rest of the introduction.

"...and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since. Hmm... Elements of Harmony. I know I've heard of those before... but where?"

CUE THE THEME.

Twilight was just taking a road walk at Canterlot when 3 kirins named Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine and Minuette came up to her.

"Hey guys!" she said.

"There you are, Twilight!" Twinkleshine said. "Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?"

Twilight Sparkle raised an eyebrow. "Oh, sorry, girls. I've got a lot of studying to catch up on. It was a job for me."

And she headed off. Lemon Hearts, Minuette and Twinkleshine looked at each other.

"I think....she's more interested in books than friends." muttered Lemon Hearts.

"Does that kirin do anything except study?" muttered Minuette.

The three walked away.

The Miao family were getting used to live at the new home of the Magistrate, except Dongwa, who was angry - it was because he felt the new house was too small compared to the old one.

"Why was this house boring!? It was just plain senseless to the core."

"Look on the bright side, Dongwa." Sagwa confronted him. "At least we still write scrolls for the Magistrate, Cook feeds us, and we still play outside."

"WHATEVER YOU BALL OF FLUFF!" snapped Dongwa.

"Do not call me that name again!" snapped Sagwa. "It's yet another offensive name!

"Oh please!" snorted Dongwa again. "I rather wish to be adopted by somebody else and live in a much, much, much larger place!"

"Oh, brother!" Sagwa muttered as Dongwa stormed off.

Just then, a familar kirin came up.

"Who are you?" asked Sagwa.

"My name is Starlight Glimmer. Who are you?"

"My name is Sagwa, this is Sheegwa, my little sister, and Dongwa is my big brother. We and our parents used to live in China, but we moved here since the Magistrate's palace was destroyed."

"I see. I lived with Twilight Sparkle. She's my adoptive sister, and she's on her way to the library to look for something. By the way, see ya." She left.

"Bye."

Twilight was heading towards some place.

"I know I've heard of the Elements of Harmony." Twilight said as she ran towards something. "I bet the others would've known about it too if I tell them that."

A green kirin named Lyra Heartstrings greeted Twilight, who passed her and a light purple kirin.

"Hey where are ya going!?"

Twilight entered a library atop an ivory tower. A purple male dragon named Spike was there. Twilight opened the door fast that one of them hit Spike.

"OW!" yelped Spike. "IT HURTS!"

Twilight however didn't know that Spike was behind her. "Spike? Spiiiike!" But there was no reply. She turned around. "Spike?" She saw Spike groaning in pain. "There you are. Are you alright? Did I hit you with that door?"

"Yes..." Spike groaned.

"I'm sorry." apologized Twilight. She then led him to the inside of the library. "Quick, find me that old copy of 'Predictions and Prophecies'!"

Spike raised an eyebrow. "What's that for?"

"Well, it WAS a gift for Moon Dancer, but-"

Before Twilight could finish her sentance, Spike flopped the books on the ground like a idiot.

Twilight was cross. Even more than cross, influriated. "SPIKE! WHAT IN THE NAME OF KIRIN'S SAKE WERE YOU THINKING!? YOU KNOW WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT SORT OF THING! ARE YOU INSANE!?"

"But Twilight, we're on a break!"

Twilight calmed out a bit. No, no, no, nonono!" She let out a frustrated grunt. "DAGNABBIT SPIIIIKE!"

Spike pointed at something." It's over here! It's 'Elements of Harmony: See Mare in the Moon?'" He have it to Twilight.

":Mare in the Moon?: But that's just an old kirins' tale. " She paused for a moment. "'Mare', 'Mare', aha!" She began to read. "The Mare in the Moon: Myth from olden kirin times. A powerful kirin who wanted to rule Equestria. Defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape and she will bring about nighttime eternal!" She gasped. "Spike! Do you know what this means?!"

"No." he brought something like a fast rocket for Twilight, then tripped. He stood up. "Take a note, please. To the Princess."

"Okey-dokey!".

She begun to read the note next. "My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of kirin magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster."
Spike interrupted. "Hold on... "

Twilight stuttered. "Preci-...Preci..."

"Threshold." corrected Spike.

"Thre..."

"Er, brink?"

Twilight let out a exasperated sigh. "That something really bad is about to happen!" She went back to reading. "For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is in fact Nightmare Moon and she's about to return to Equestria and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true! I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." She poundered for a moment. "'Twilight...Sparkle'. Got it!"

Spike cheered. "Great! Send it to your teacher!" He paused. "Now?"

"Of course, Spike." chuckled Twilight.

"Uh, I don't know, Twilight. Princess Celestia is a little busy getting ready for the Summer Sun Celebration, and it's like, the day after tomorrow. I am getting a little confused."

"That's just it, Spike. The day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration."

Spike was still confused. "I still don't get it. It's imperative that the princess is told right away." He paused again. "Imper...I-impera...

"IMPORTANT!" shouted Twilight.

Spike screamed at the sight of this. His face was terrified. "OKAY TWILIGHT OKAY I'LL BE MORF SMARTER!" To say he had to do, he inhaled sharply and breathed fire seven times. "There! It's on its way-" His voice begun to sing. "but I wouldn't control you and hold your breath-"

Twilight chuckled. "Oh, I'm not worried, Spike. As far as I am concerned, the princess trusts me completely as I know. In all many, many, many years she's been my mentor, she's never once doubted me." Spike belched and hiccuped. He handed Twilight another note." See? I knew she would want to take immediate action." She started to read the note and cleared her throat. "My dearest, most faithful student Twilight, You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely,. Mhh-hmm. But you simply must stop reading those dusty old books." She gasped. Spike readed the rest of the note: "My dear Twilight, there is more to a young kirin's life than studying. So I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location, Kirinville. And, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some friends!"

Twilight was anxious.

"Look on the bright side, Twilight. The princess arranged for you to stay in a library. It'll be a nice surprise! Doesn't that make you happy?"

Twilight perked up "Yes, Spike. Yes it does. Do you know why? Because I'm right. It's just I'm a bit nervious. I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can, then get to the library and find some proof of Nightmare Moon's return."

Spike smiled. "Then, when will you make friends, like the princess said?"

"She SAID to check on preparations!" wailed Twilight. "I am her student and I'll do my royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends!"

"Thank you ma'am." Spike remarked. "In fact, I know what you said about was true."

Then Twilight had an idea. "Maybe the kirins in Kirinville have interesting things to talk about. Such as Dragon Ballz, Pokemon and Digimon!

"Come on, Twilight, just try!" Spike protested. Twilight just starred. "Uh...hello?"

Twilight let out a loud sustained gasp. "Well, that was interesting, all right!" she said sarcastically and left. Spike sighed and went back to his business.

Meanwhile, Sagwa and Sheegwa were talking with Hun-Hun and Jet-Jet about their new home.

"I'm glad you liked your new home, Sagwa." said Jet-Jet. "I may be rough and call you mean names, but I do care for you."

"Yep." Sagwa remarked.

"It's too bad Dongwa is complaining about it." Sheegwa said. She took a sip of cat milk. "He needs to get over it."

"He does!" said Hun-Hun. "Things change."