• Published 22nd May 2024
  • 215 Views, 9 Comments

Sister... - Mellow Mare



Two young fillies in search for help find themselves in some of the most wicked adventures a little pony could get themselves into!

  • ...
0
 9
 215

Chapter 2: Looking for help...

It has been weeks since the storm took over the SilverLeap Empire....
On that fateful night, many did not make it to the castle on time, due to the deadly cold and the thick gusts of snowy winds...

The mares and stallions were working day and night to tend to the wounded and the healthy ones.

Their king was not prepared for any of this, and many spells failed.

Whatever caused this storm was not from this realm. It was certainly not coming from SilverLeap...

The rations were getting thinner and thinner as each days passed. Causing malnutrition amongst the hopeless citizens. The king kept sending guards out for food, but to no avail.... They would bring a few roots on a good day.

Many attempted to go and find the source of this storm, but would not come back.

The king have now forbidden anypony from leaving the castle, as to not put any more lives at risk. Anypony who would disobey this rule would be locked away as to keep them safe.


"Tia... When can we go back home...?"

The young blue filly caught the mare off guard.
Celestia turned around to look at her little sister, standing there beside her half of the bunk bed they shared.

The room was dark and cold, only a few candles kept the light alive.

Celestia closed her history book and lifted her bed sheets.

Luna climbed into the already tiny bed and cuddled onto her big sister, he little body was frail and cold... She was slightly shivering as she tried to find warmt from her sibling.

The only thing that kept them going was their mother..

The poor mare was affected by the cold storm, and had multiple frostbites all over her body. She was in no shape to care for her children, which left Celestia to be the one in charge.

"I do not know yet Luna... We need to let mother rest peacefully until the storm leaves."

Replied Celestia while gently caressing her sister's mane... Trying to give her as much comfort as needed.

The little filly curled up and closed her eyes, she remained quiet, taking in as much details as she could.

Celestia used her magic to pull her book back towards herself, the pages opened before her.
She kept reading onto what may be the cause of all this.. If the current magic did not worked to explain this.. then maybe ancient magic could.....

Just as she was about to lose hopes, an image caught her attention...
It was a faded away drawing of multiple clouds with eyes and wings, which definitely looked unusual...

"Windigos....."

She whispered to herself...

"Cold evil, feeding off hatred and despair.... do not ever mention their name, do not ever think of them....

Keep the peace."

Celestia gasped loudly, this was it!! It has to be it!!
The young mare jumped out of her bed,waking up Luna in the process, she held her book close to her and ran where the king and most ponies where sheltered at.
Luna looked absolutely confused, but followed her sister anyways, as she did not want to be alone... The darkness scared her the most.

"Windi-what? Celestia! Wait up!!"

Yelled out Luna as she was trying to catch up.


"KING ULRIC, KING ULRIC!!! I know what is causing this storm!!!"

The pink mare bumped into multiple ponies, trying to get through.

King Ulric turned aroundwith quite a confused look onto his face, the sudden news were quite shocking to hear.

"King Ulric... I.. I found the reason that caused our misery!!"

Celestia held her book close to her chest, she felt relief as the king seemed interested by her speech.
Ponies began to gather around, they too wanted to know.

"Speak young one, tell us what you found!''

The king stepped closer to see what Celestia carried with her.
The young mare pulled the book out and showed it to the king.

A confused and annoyed look traced the king's face at the sight of the book.

''I.. I know this is just a foal book... But some foal stories may be true!''

Celestia flipped through the pages to show the windigos to the king.

''Windigos are an ancient evil that feeds off hatred, they create a snowy blizzard to keep misery upon it's victims!''

A deafening silence followed Celestia's announcement. The king and most citizen were just completely flabbergasted by this revelation.

Luna who was within the crowd, looked around as ponies began to hold back laughter. The filly seemed sad and confused as this made perfect sense.

The king then burted with laughter, one that echoed through Celestia's heart as if a blade peirced it. The tired mare looked at her king with disbelief and at the citizen as well. All were laughing at Celestia.

''Y-..Young one, please return to your quarters... Hahaha! Let us do the work!''

''But my king! I-...''

''Do you think this is a joke young one? This isn't the time for foal play! Lives are on the line here, mouths need to be fed!

We are searching as much as we can...."

Celestia's ears pearked up at the mention of it... there was one thing that they certainly haven't explored yet...

"......"

"....What about the mountains?...."

The king's eyes went big and his jaw dropped.
The citizen began to whisper and gasp amongst themselves.

"It is forbidden to reach the mountains! How dare you even mention them! It would be suicide!!"

Accused the king.

"But do we really know what is beyond them?? Nopony ever reac-...."

"Enough, young lady, return to your quarters this instant..."

"But.."

"It is an order from your king...."

The king then turned around and Celestia shamefully walked down the throne's steps, She kept her head low and walked right pass Luna and everypony else, avoiding the looks of shame.

Luna immediately followed behind her sister, and together they entered a hallway that was currently empty.

''Dont listen to them, I think you are right about the... the wendigos??''

Said Luna full of encouragement.
The little filly expected her sister to reply back, but the young mare stayed silent by her side...

''Maybe they will find a way to stop this even without your book. We just have to wait, right?''

Asked Luna, trying to break the silence, but to no avail. Celestia stayed silent and looked focused, which made Luna lower her head.

Once they reached their sleeping quarters, Celestia helped luna reach the top bunk while she layed on the lower half. They wished good night to eachother...

What Luna did not know was that Celestia had a plan.... One that would change both of their lives forever, in quite an unexpected way.


Everypony was now peacefully asleep, which was the perfect time for Celestia to execute her plan...
She quietly got out of her bed and reached the top bunk to give her sister a soft kiss on the cheek, this was a bittersweet goodbye, but a necessary one.

She put on her cape to give herself some kind of warmt and strapped her father's sword around her waist.

Celestia had to pass the night guards in order to reach the outside world.
After successfully doing so, she crawled from a window and jumped down before sprinting into the night.
She ran far away, so far that the castle looked like a little dot on the horizon.
She looked at the starless sky, and her blood was so pumped with adrenalin that the cold did not hurt as bad as it did that day...
She took in a deep breath of fresh air before being interrupted-

''Celestia! I am coming with you!''

Yelled out Luna, trying her best to catch up.

''LUNA??! What in the world are you doing here??! Go back to the castle!!''

Celestia was now panicking, what in hell was Luna doing here??!
She looked around then back at her sister.

''I cant let you come...''

''But why?!''

''You are too young for this! I will not be able to care for you and protect you at all time Luna!!''

''I can take care of myself, I am not a baby anymore!''

''Yes you are!''

''No... I am not!!''

Luna then uses her weak magic to pick up some snow and throws it directly onto Celestia's face, making her back up.
Celestia angrily picks up more snow and throws it at Luna's face as well.
A snow battle ensues, the two fillies are chasing eachother laughing, throwing snow at eachother.

Celestia cannot take anymore and gives up, allowing Luna to join her in her quest... by now the guards were probably alerted and they would be locked up.

The two sister then begin their journey, gallopping further away from the only home they have ever known...