• Published 24th May 2024
  • 385 Views, 6 Comments

G5 Adventures in Air Buddies - ponydog127



The Mane 6 and Violette Rainbow travel to Fernfield, Washington to help five golden retriever puppies, known as the Buddies, save their parents, Buddy and Molly, from greedy dog-nappers... all while on Violette's first Unity Quest mission.

  • ...
3
 6
 385

Rescue at Innsfield (Part 2)

The worst possible… well, the second possible event had occurred.

Buddy and Molly managed to escape the wine cellar through an escape tunnel, but as the Buddies and their friends arrived to rescue THEM, the Buddies and Violette slid right down the tunnel and into the arms of Bartleby Livingstone, who was going to take them ALL home, pony and puppy alike.

And the worst part was… the Mane 6 had no idea where they were.

Now they could only hope was they get rescued… and fast.

XXXXXXXX

Around the same time, Sniffer had led Noah and Henry right to the gates of Innsfield, and Noah sighed and looked over at Henry. “This must be it.”

“I'm plumb tuckered out,” Sniffer said, laying down as the boys climbed over the gate. “I'm just gonna stand guard here, maybe catch a few Z's.”

And so, Noah and Henry got over the gate and began to creep through the grape vines to find their way to get Buddy, Molly, the Buddies and the Mane 6 and Violette out of this creep-zone and back home before they were spotted.

XXXXXXXX

But not even five minutes later, Buddy and Molly came tearing through the fields and leapt right over the gate, not expecting to see a sleeping Sniffer on the other side. “Sniffer?” Buddy asked out of surprise. “What are you doing way out here?”

“Muddy, Bolly, you've been saved!” Sniffer said sleepily, not realizing that they had freed themselves. “Wow. Them boys work fast. But where are the puppies and their little friends?”

Buddy froze at that. “The puppies? And their pony friends? Is that who you mean?”

“I haven't seen them since they headed off to save you,” Sniffer clarified. “I'm pretty sure they've gone through this fence.”

“We've just come from there!” Buddy cried. “It’s not safe!”

“We’ve gotta hurry,” Molly told her mate, and they leapt right over the gate to the other side. “Hey, wait for me!” Sniffer cried, going after them. “Sniffer is hot on the trail!”

XXXXXXXX

“We’ve searched everywhere,” Misty said to her friends with a hopeless expression, “and there’s no sign of Violette, the Buddies or a way inside!”

Zipp suddenly gasped and pulled the ponies off to the side. “Guys, get down!”

“What?” Pipp blinked. “Why?”

“That’s why!”

The others looked and gasped, immediately ducking down when they saw Mr. Livingstone and Bartleby stuffing the Buddies and Violette into their limo, and the pups and the little unicorn looked incredibly frightened. “Oh, this is just great…” Hitch sighed. “What are we gonna do now?”

“We’ve got to get them out of that limo without being seen,” said Sunny, “but we’re gonna need a plan.”

Just then, a voice spoke up to them. “Then it’s a good thing we found you guys!”

“Noah! Henry!” Izzy cheered quietly as the two boys approached. “How did you guys get here?!”

“Sniffer led us here,” Henry explained. “Where are the dogs and Violette?”

“We think Buddy and Molly are inside the factory somewhere, but the Buddies and Violette are inside that limo,” Zipp pointed out. “We need to go over there and get them out, fast.”

“Then we need to get started before they come back,” Misty said. “Come on!”

They crept quietly over to the car and opened the limo door, listening to the Buddies whimpering, which caused Noah to shush them. “Don’t worry, we’re here to rescue you,” Sunny whispered. “Everyone, file out of the car, but quietly-- we don’t wanna give ourselves away.”

So, one by one, the Buddies and Violette began to file out of the limo and onto the pavement, but before Budderball could exit the vehicle…

…Bartleby had opened the other door, gasping at the fact that these ponies and kids were taking the puppies away.

That led the group to try and hurry.

“We gotta go!”

“Come on!”

“Hurry up, Noah!”

DAAAAAAD!!!” Bartleby screamed as our heroes ran toward the factory. “The puppies are getting away!!!

“I’ll call you back!” Mr. Livingstone told his client on the phone before he and Bartleby raced after the group, unaware that Selkirk was watching from the window. “These dogs are really starting to try my patience…”

XXXXXXXX

Once making it inside the factory, Zipp and Hitch led their friends in one direction off to the side, while Bartleby and his father ran in a complete different direction in search of the escaped dogs and the ponies.

But upon making it to the biggest part of the factory, our heroes found dozens of vats, filled to the brim with wine being made. “Whoa…” Violette said with wide eyes. “I’ve never seen anything like this before…”

“Which way do we go now?” Misty asked. “They could be after us in no time!”

Suddenly, a familiar scent hit Budderball’s nose. “I smell grape juice!”

“Grape juice? What?” Hitch wondered to himself just before Budderball ran off toward the vat at the end of the building, with the others in pursuit as Budderball began climbing up the steps to reach the liquid inside. “Oh, sweet mama!”

“Budderball!” Rosebud called out. “This is no time for games!”

“Budderball!” Noah cried. “Stop!”

Budderball didn’t listen, however, and leaned closer and closer toward the wine inside the vat. “One sip. Just one itty-bitty sip…”

However, Budderball screamed as he fell right into the wine with a huge splash. “Quick, dudes! He can't doggy paddle!” Mudbud cried out. “He’s too heavy!”

“We’re taking the fast way!” Zipp said as she and Pipp flew to the top of the vat while the others climbed the stairs, relieved to see that Budderball was swimming in the wine. “He’s floating!” Buddha exclaimed. “It’s a miracle.”

That’s when the others began to steadily coax him along… even when Budderball did fart right into the wine. “Come here, buddy, come here,” Hitch said, reaching down and grabbing the soggy pup in his hooves. “I got him! And he looks okay-- he just… smells funky.”

“All right,” Noah said, beginning to climb down the stairs with Henry. “Let’s go!”

However, as the Mane 6 followed the boys down the stairs, Violette stopped when she realized a horrible stench from Budderball was hitting her nose... and it wasn't anything gas related. “P-U! You stink!”

“That's the weirdestest grape juice ever…” Budderball said drunkenly before laughing and hiccuping, following the rest of the group down the stairs before Noah pointed off in one direction. “We’ll go this way.”

“If it’s in the opposite direction of those creeps,” said Pipp with a shudder, “I’m game for going just about anywhere.”

However, Budderball strayed from the group, still drunk from being in the wine. As he turned back to do a head count, Noah immediately saw that one pup was missing. “Wait. Budderball's not here.”

“We gotta find him!” Zipp cried. “Hurry!”

XXXXXXXX

Budderball stumbled around the factory, wondering where his siblings, Noah, Henry and the ponies went, still heavily drunk from his wine encounter. “Where oh where have my Buddies gone? Oh where oh where can they be…? Ha ha ha…”

XXXXXXXX

As the group looked for Budderball, they immediately saw Selkirk wandering through the factory, searching for the group on his own.

This led the ponies to either take a puppy or Violette and dive into hiding, leaving Noah and Henry to pair up and hide on their own in the same area.

Luckily for them, Selkirk didn't see them and continued on his way.

But our heroes knew that he would be back before long... so they had to find another way out before that happened.

Suddenly, they heard two figures zip past them, barking and causing the ponies to suddenly get an idea as to who was making these sounds.

When they came out of hiding and ran to where the figures were, Noah and Henry each gasped in delight at seeing who it was.

“Buddy?!”

“Molly?!”

Immediately, the remaining Buddies jumped up and licked their parents, nuzzling them as well.

“Mom! Dad!”

“Mom! Dad! You’re okay!”

“We found you, Buddy!”

“We’re so glad you guys are okay!”

The reunions lasted for a few more seconds with hugs, licks, barks of happiness and high-fiving one another on their success, right before Zipp saw some wine barrels not too far away and got an idea. “Guys… I have an idea that will make sure these dognappers never mess with our friends again, but it’ll take everyone here working together. Are you guys in?”

“We’re in,” Noah smirked. “Just tell us what to do.”

XXXXXXXX

At the same time, Budderball was still wandering around the factory, the effects of the wine slowly beginning to wear off. But before he could locate his siblings, Bartleby burst out from behind some barrels and grabbed the little pup, causing him to whimper. “Gotcha! Ha ha…”

Bartleby soon left the factory with Budderball in his arms, but the second Sniffer (who had followed Buddy and Molly back to the factory) spotted Bartleby, he barked and chased after the boy. “Freeze!”

Bartleby screamed as Sniffer tackled him, taking him to the ground with Budderball still in his arms. He was not harmed, but… in an instant he knew that he was probably in trouble.

XXXXXXXX

The plan had been established-- the ponies, Noah, Molly, Buddy and Henry were going to use the wine barrels in the factory, with the Buddies and Violette inside them to chase Mr. Livingstone and Selkirk into the wine vats, where hopefully, they would be contained until the sheriff arrived.

Once the plan had been established, Noah looked to everyone in the circle. “So you know the plan?” he asked, causing the others to nod and Buddy to bark. “It'll only work if we work as a team.”

“And luckily,” said Izzy, “we know how to do that no problem!”

“BREAK!!”

Everyone split up to get themselves ready… and that included Violette and B-Dawg going out to lure Selkirk and Mr. Livingstone toward the barrels. “Sure, send B-Dawg and the youngest pony out as the decoys,” B-Dawg muttered audibly. “I don't remember drawing the shortest straw.”

“Come on, B-Dawg, this’ll be fun! In a way, at least,” Violette tried to remain optimistic. “Besides… we haven’t got any real quality time, you and me. It’ll be a… bonding experience! At least… I hope it will be.”

They rounded the corner and spotted Selkirk and Mr. Livingstone in a lively discussion.

“Any luck, Selkirk?”

“They're hiding around here somewhere.”

B-Dawg barked to get their attention, and Mr. Livingstone first made a break for the two of them as soon as he saw them. “After them!”

“I’ll get them, Mr. Livingstone!”

“Hurry, before they get away!”

“There they go!”

XXXXXXXX

As they saw B-Dawg and Violette rounding the corner, Noah turned to the other ponies, Noah and Buddy at the end of the barrels. “Ready, everybody?”

“We’ve been ready since these dognappers first messed with us,” smirked Zipp. “Let’s hurry up and do this!”

“There they go, quick!” Selkirk cried as B-Dawg and Violette entered the barrels. “We’ve got them cornered!”

That’s when Sunny initiated the plan. “PUSH!!!”

And heaving as one, the ponies and their newfound friends pushed the barrels out of place, with some of the Buddies and Violette pushing the barrels along with the older ponies galloping alongside.

Mr. Livingstone and Selkirk screamed and ran for their lives at the sight of the barrels going toward them, and Izzy and Misty took the lead. “Remember Zipp’s plan, guys!” Misty shouted. “Lead them toward the biggest vat in the factory! Then we settle all of this once and for all!”

The ponies and the barrels continuded to chase the villains all the way to the largest vat in the factory, and Mr. Livingstone and Selkirk climbed to the top to avoid a collision.

However, as the barrels slammed into the vat, they began to lose their balance and eventually fell in anyway, just as Noah, Henry and Buddy approached the group. “Is everyone all right?” Noah asked as Buddy checked over his pups. “We’re all safe, accounted for, and the bad guys are taking a grape bath!” Violette smirked. “Man, defeating villains sure is fun!”

Suddenly, due to the barrels crashing into it a moment before this, the vat began to crack and spill open. “Quick!” Hitch cried, leading everyone out of the factory before the vat could bust. “Let’s get out of here!”

Unfortunately, Selkirk and Mr. Livingstone were not as lucky to get out of the vat before it burst, causing the entire factory to flood with wine, spilling outwards toward the front door.

Luckily, our heroes managed to get out of the way just in time, resulting in everyone being safe... just as Sheriff Bob arrived with Denning and Grim in the backseat. “Good job, Sniffer,” the sheriff told his dog before turning to the kids and then pointing to Denning and Grim. “And, you kids, thanks for that call. Led me right to these nincompoops.”

“We couldn't have done it without Sniffer either,” Henry pointed out. “ I been telling everybody for years he's the best,” Sheriff Bob smiled before arresting Selkirk and Mr. Livingstone for their crimes. “When are you young'uns gonna learn that crime never pays?”

At that moment, Budderball burst from Bartleby’s arms and ran straight to his parents, overjoyed to see them. “Dad! Mom!”

“Budderball, you’re okay!” Violette hugged the pup happily, just as Bartleby sighed. “But I just want someone I can play with.”

Violette heard this and felt bad for Bartleby, but before she could say anything, Rosebud spoke up to her parents with relief in her voice. “You guys saved us!”

“We saved each other,” Buddy corrected, leading Molly to nod. “By working as a team.”

“We're really sorry we ran away,” Buddha then apologized. “We've learned our lesson.”

“We understand now,” B-Dawg then confirmed. “We're ready for our new peeps.”

“Actually,” said Violette, “I think Budderball already chose his perfect person. Right?”

“Yeah,” Budderball said, looking to Bartleby. “I know he's a brat, but that means he needs me even more, right?”

The pup ran over to Bartleby with a smile, causing the boy to laugh, overjoyed that he still got what he really needed… a friend.

Molly looked toward Buddy with a smile. “Now we know they’re ready.”

This led Buddy to nod. “Without a doubt.”

“Does this mean we’re going home now?” Violette asked, causing Sunny to hum in thought. “Not quite yet… I think we still have to make sure that the Buddies are satisfied with their new homes first. Then… it’s time for US to head back to OUR home.”