• Published 4th Apr 2024
  • 178 Views, 1 Comments

Change can bring forth turmoil and harmony - coolpony01



Times in Equestria are chagning the ideals of unicorn supremacy as well as supremacy to the ponies as well as the ideas of the matriachy are falling

  • ...
 1
 178

Ch 5

Princess Twilight Sparkle and her soon to be husband and Prince Noble Star Blueblood are at the moment within the private tea room of the royals. It is that of simple and of beauty. A small table set with a lonely little table cloth draped over it beautifully lit magical candles among the room. The wall was painted that of a pale yellow of the most beautiful of shades. And there was a lovely china tea set among them.

“It is good to spend time with my precious star.” He said of joy and that of love and care.

“The feeling is mutual, my noble stallion.” Twilight said with admiration and genuine love and care.

The two used their magical telekinesis to carefully pour each other the warm drink of a magical flavor.

“You know how to make the most excellent tea.” Noble Star praised.

“Well I have an excellent mentor who taught me.” Twilight Sparkle said with pleasantness and that of joy.

“Yes, Grandmother always did have the greatest tea recipes.” Blueblood spoke happily at the thought.

They then saw guards enter the room

“Princess Twilight and sir Noble Star Blueblood your presence is required by the Equestrian parliament.” A male guard informed them.

The two exchanged worried and annoyed looks as they knew the “parliament” which consisted of nobles entirely would likely try to bring an end to their wedding. As they are mares of noble family lines who would never approve of their untraditional or “uncouth” behavior but they will remain ones with courage and ambition of their desire to marry one another in spite of this.

As they arrived the two knew they needed to use the proper etiquette as parliament does have quite a lot of expectations.

“Members of the parliament we have heard you wish to address the courtship between myself and fair Noble Star Blueblood. We wish to address the fact that doing so will bring great good change to the land.” Princess Twilight Sparkle spoked of formality as she has come to learn from being a princess.

“Princess Twilight while Equestria does owe you a great depth for preventing our land from falling from tyrannical beasts that does not mean you may simply go against our traditions.” The leader said it was of course Noble Gem Noble Star’s mother.

“Oh why yes within the land of Equestria there have been quite a lot of traditions within the noble household that have come and gone especially within these current times so it may be not of wisdom to..” Twilight was cut off by the leader of parliament.

“However, while certain traditions have rapidly declined in Equestria this does not mean you can simply help speed up the process or go against the current traditions of the nobles.” The mare said.

“Yes while the ancestors did say they wish to protect the civilians of Equestria there were many traditions that were lost such as the idea of nobles having the same political authroity rather they were mare or stallion.” Princess Twilight pointed out with much courage and ambition.

“That was different, stallions have proven to simply be less couth or intelligent than that of mares. With evil vermin such as King Sombra our ancestors learned the error of our ways and made decisions as to restrict as much political power to the mares so we may allow for the future of Equestria.” The mare spoke with much passion and that of genuine belief.

“But what of the tyrant Emerald Gem she did rule the land with an iron hoof executing many pegasi and earth ponies alike. How can we say that stallions make poor leaders when mares have committed such atrocities.” Twilight said with chastity towards the oppressed under such rigid matriarch.

“As you were not born of nobility you were simply not to receive the proper education of how Equestrian society runs or rather how it should run.” The mare spoke with much ignorance.

“And who are you to disregard Princess Twilight Sparkles intellect when this and her great magical potential was why she became the student of Princess Celestia herself. Not to forget her heroic deeds towards the country to the point of becoming Equestria’s newest princess and so it may be of wisdom to provide Princess Twilight Sparkle with the amount of respect she is due.” Noble Star spoke with formality and that of defense towards the mare he loves.

“And why should a son be allowed to speak to a mare led alone his mother in such a way.” The mare scoffed.

“You may be my mother but however noble family lines are not permitted absolute control over their children and our courtship is simply within the legal requirements of wedding as Twilight Sparkle is that of a monarch.” Noble Star said as fact.

The mare smiled at this.

“Then you must be aware of the privileges granted towards that of nobility and of the noble parliament. See when nobles agreed that they could wed that of a monarch this is meant to be and was during the time interpreted as a true monarch. That of noble unicorn blood which “Princess” Twilight simply lacks. And of Equestrian law has been one of interpretation and so as chairmare of the the Parliament of Equestria I decree that this union of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Noble Star Blueblood as unconstitutional due to the interpretation liabilities set forth upon the banishment of Nightmare Moon.” The mare said with much passion and ambition for this to last.

This of course angered the courted couple.

“How dare you use your authority in such a way!” Princess Twilight Sparkle yelled.

“This was designed to interpret laws that were not as straightforward as to prevent conflict and confusion after the already fragile relationships designated by that of Nightmare Moon. However this law states a royal and a monarch of proper unicorn blood can still be married. It says nowhere that this unicorn must be a noble birth therefore this ruling is out of your authority!” Noble Star yelled.

“Oh yes but the law states only of a monarch but it does not quite state the blood requirements and so we do have the right to rule this interpretation.” Noble Gem said.’

“Fine but you do forget this must be brought before the Equestrian Court of Justices as they are designed to properly interpret the legal rights among nobles and monarchs in these circumstances.” Noble Star said.

“You do realize there is a process one must go through before even a request may be sent to the Equestrian court of justice.” The mare said with a smirk.

“Oh but you do forget the most important cases are brought first and the nobles will be quite interested to find the nobility going against a clear agreement that was made over a thousand winters ago.” Princess Twilight said with calamity.

The two then left the courtroom. “I can’t believe her.” Blueblood spoke with annoyance and hurt.

Twilight Sparkle put a shoulder upon her dear lover “It’s alright my noble stallion they may be able to do this but they can not ruin our wedding our us.” Twilight Sparkle said.

He nuzzled her. “Oh I know my dear.” Nothing, not even a delayal of their wedding would ruin them.