• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 873 Views, 7 Comments

Futuristic Endeavor - Destroyer14



When Twilight accidentally goes into the future, she discovers something horrifying.

  • ...
2
 7
 873

Act 4

Lightning struck Equestria, but no rain came. Inside the dark castle sat Queen Chrysalis. Suddenly a Changeling burst into the room.

"My queen! Twilight Spark-"

Before it could finish, a blast disintegrated it. Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and Princess Luna walked into the room. Queen Chrysalis laughed.

"Twilight Sparkle, it's been many years. Tell me, what made you decide to come back?"
"Enough Queen Chrysalis. We have the Elements of Harmony, we're going to put an end to your reign of terror!"

The Queen laughed as lightning struck.

"My dear Twilight, you think mere necklaces can stop me? You can't even use them since you're missing Loyalty and Laughter."

She looked to her right. Rainbow Dash stood there, in a flying pose, as a stone statue. Then the Queen looked to her right. Out of the shadows emerged Pinkie Pie. She looked normal except for one thing, inside her eyes were rainbows going round and round instead of pupils.

"I'm surprised at you Luna, bringing in the last of your kind to their doom, bwhahaha."
"Chrysalis, you shouldn't claim victory until you have it."
The Princess then looked at Twilight.

"Go Fluttershy!" Twilight shouted.

There was a blur of yellow and pink. Fluttershy reached Rainbow Dash and dropped her Element onto her neck. She then flew back to stand with the others.

"What's this?" Queen Chrysalis said.

The statue started to crack, crack, and crack some more. And then it cracked all the way, revealing Rainbow Dash in all her blue glory. She turned to Queen Chrysalis.

"This is for Princess Celestia!" She shouted.

She flew and gave the Queen a solid right cross to the jaw, knocking her over. Rainbow Dash went to stand with the others.

"Twilight, how are you-"
"No time to explain Rainbow, look!"

A horde of Changelings were swarming through the windows. Queen Chrysalis stood back up.

"Hahaha, fools! Don't think victory is within your grasp. My Changelings will be enough to shred you all to pieces! And I'll even make the pink one help."

After that was said, Pinkie started to walk toward the heroes with the Changelings.

"As planned, I will hold off Queen Chrysalis as you and others beat the Changelings and free Pinkie." Princess Luna said with her head lowered to Twilight. Twilight nodded, and Luna flew toward the Queen, who was laughing it up. Now Twilight and others turned to face the Changelings and Pinkie Pie, who was still walking toward them like a zombie.

"Alright everypony, we have to get Pinkie's element on her while also taking care of the Changelings."
"On it!" Rainbow Dash said.

The Changelings were approaching with Pinkie Pie walking in front. Twilight shot a few beams from her horn, disintegrating some of them. Rainbow Dash then zoomed and tackled Pinkie to the ground.

"Alright Pinkie, time to turn you back to normal!" She said as she was about to put Pinkie's Element on her.

But Pinkie then headbutted Rainbow, making the later dizzy. She then round-kicked her away.

"Oh dear." Fluttershy said as she watched the whole thing. Applejack was next on the scene, grabbing Pinkie's element and cornering her.

"Pinkie, would you stand still? We're trying to help you!"

Pinkie didn't answer nor could she. Applejack ran toward her. Pinkie stood there, then upper-cutted Applejack away. Meanwhile Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy were taking care of the few remaining Changelings.

"Fluttershy! You and Rainbow Dash hold Pinkie down as Applejack puts her Element on her!" Twilight ordered.

"Got it!" Fluttershy responded.

Fluttershy was once very shy, but over the years she has gained a great confidence, being one of the only Pegasus left. She zoomed and tackled Pinkie from behind. Rainbow Dash joined in on holding her down.

"Please forgive us Pinkie."
"She can't understand you Fluttershy."
"I know, but it's always nice to apologize."
"Would y'all just hold your moral implications for a sec?" Applejack said as she jumped in.

She put Pinkie's Element on, all the while with the latter struggling to break free. Once it was on, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash stepped back. The rainbow circles in Pinkie's eyes ceased. But instead of actinng like her cheerful self, she had an expression of great anger. She jumped and started pulverizing the few remaining Changelings. The other Ponies just stood and watched as an enraged Pinkie Pie let the Changelings have it. After a few moments, they were on the ground defeated. Pinkie Pie breathed with steam.

"Uh, Pinkie?"
"Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!" Pinkie shouted as her expression changed from anger to her normal bright and cheerful smile.

She gave Twilight a big hug. All the other Ponies smiled. But then they saw Luna get thrown to the ground.

"Hahahahaha, after all these years, was that truly the best you could do Luna?" Queen Chrysalis laughed as thunder struck.

Twilight turned to her friends.

"Alright, it's been some time, but concentrate. Let the Elements of Harmony do their work."

The rest of the Mane 6 nodded and closed their eyes. They started to float as a barrier went around them.

"What's this?" Queen Chrysalis said.

Twilight opened her eyes, it was filled with nothing but light. From the barrier a large beam was fired.

"No, no!" Queen Chrysalis shouted.

She then fired her own beam. The two blasts struck. The Queen was actually managing to hold her own against it. But then Princess Luna got up and joined in with her own beam. Now it was easily approaching the Queen.

"This, this can't be happening! I'm Queen of the Changelings, I'm..."

Before she could finish being in denial, the beams struck, wiping out Queen Chrysalis for good. The Ponies levitated to the ground. They all breathed heavily and looked at each other. They nodded, as did Princess Luna.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cool dark night in Canterlot Gardens. The Ponies and Luna were enjoying the breeze.

"So what now Princess Luna?" Twilight asked.
"With Queen Chrysalis gone, we'll rebuild. It'll take awhile, but we'll bring Equestria back to its former glory."
"What about you Twilight?" Rarity asked.

Twilight looked behind herself.

"I'm not sure, I belong in the past, not here. But you all need me here to rebuild. Besides, there's no way for me to get back."

All of sudden a noise was heard.

"That's a similar noise of when the portal appeared. Could it be..."

And then in front of everyone a portal opened. Twilight peered inside, it showed her friends standing at the same picnic spot.

"Go, Twilight Sparkle. You belong in your own time." Princess Luna said.

Twilight turned to her friends, all of them were trying to hold back tears. She went and hugged every one of them.

"Even though we only got to see you for today after so many years, it will be a day we'll never forget. Right y'all?"

The other Ponies nodded with enthusiasm. Twilight walked into the portal. It started to slowly close. She turned around to say one more goodbye, then remembered something.

"What happened to Spike!" She shouted.
"Spike became a full grown dragon and--" Before Princess Luna could finish, the portal closed and Twilight was back in the picnic area. The other Ponies turned around and ran toward their found friend

"It worked! My portal idea worked!" Pinkie Pie shouted with enthusiasm.
"It's good to have you back Twilight." Rarity said.
"Ohhh, but where did the portal take you?" Fluttershy wanted to know.
"It's a long story girls, a long story."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day in the spa, Twilight told her story for the third time.

"But I do have one question, where did that portal come from in the first place?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"That Rainbow Dash is a mystery we might never be able to solve."

And in the distance at that very moment, somewhere unknown, the laugh of Discord was heard.