• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 870 Views, 7 Comments

Futuristic Endeavor - Destroyer14



When Twilight accidentally goes into the future, she discovers something horrifying.

  • ...
2
 7
 870

Act 3

Twilight had never been in the underground caverns of Ponyville. She kept asking Luna what was happening, but the Princess said it'll be explained once they reach the others. So Twilight followed her in a narrow, dimly lit tunnel. Finally, they reached a slightly brighter area. There were a few tunnels leading elsewhere.

"Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, I brought someone special!" Luna shouted. Soon a sound of running hooves were heard coming. Out of the front tunnel came out Applejack. She stopped running as her eyes widened.

"What in tarnation? Twilight!"
She ran and hugged Twilight so hard they fell to the ground.

"I'm so happy to see you Applejack! Ponyville's deserted, there are Changelings and a statue of..."

"Twilight!" Two voices shouted.

Those two voices belonged to Rarity and Fluttershy. They were both already hugging Twilight. After the greetings, Rarity was the first to speak.

"Twilight, darling, why do you look so young?"
"What do you mean?"
"We thought we lost you, after all these years..." Fluttershy said.
"Wait, years?"

And then Twilight began to notice. Her friends looked older, and injured. Applejack had an eye-patch around her left eye, Rarity's horn was bandaged, as was both of Fluttershy's wings.

"What happen to you girls? What happened to all of Ponyville?!" Twilight shouted.
"Ever since you vanished into the portal, sugar cube, things have changed." Applejack explained.
"Portal...Princess Luna, what year is it.?" Twilight asked.

The Princess looked at Twilight rather strangely.

"2027."

Twilight took a few steps back.

"I see now! Girls, that portal, it sent me to the future! Now it all makes sense."

The three ponies looked at each other.

"Now the question is what happened to this place and everypony? Where's Rainbow and Pinkie?"

Applejack was about to explain, but Luna intervened.

"No need to explain Applejack, I will. As you saw Twilight, there's a giant statue of Queen Chrysalis in the center of Ponyville. She returned from wherever she came from eight years ago. With you gone, the Elements of Harmony were useless. Her first targets were Cadence and Shining Armor.

Twilight began to understand what was happening as she held back tears.

"Soon after, the Changelings invaded Ponyville. None of the residents were prepared. Soon my sister, myself, and the rest of your friends met at Canterlot Castle to discuss what to do. But then Chrysalis barged into the room. Me and my sister fought bravely, but somehow the witch had gotten stronger. She was overpowering us. Rainbow Dash was the first to attack once we were down. It was in vain. But instead of destroying her, Chrysalis turned her into a statue. And then out of nowhere she shot a beam at Pinkie Pie, instantly making her a mindless slave. When me and my sister got up, she asked me to go. I told her I would fight by her side, but she made me promise to keep your friends safe from Queen Chrysalis's wrath. So reluctantly I led the three remaining ponies out to this underground cavern as my sister sacrificed her life to make sure we had enough time to escape and find shelter."

"We tried to go back and fight, several times, but each time we were forced to retreat." Applejack said glumly.

Twilight turned around and walked a few steps. She had never thought what a world without Princess Celestia would be like.

"Uh, Twi..." Fluttershy began.

"Now that I'm here," Twilight turned around, "We'll go to Canterlot Castle and use the Elements of Harmony on Queen Chrysalis!"

The ponies and Luna looked each at each other.

"Not to sound like a pessimist dear, but how can we use the Elements without Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie?"

"That's precisely it Rarity, we need them. We're going to storm the castle and rescue them. We need the Elements."

Princess Luna then flew to a tunnel on top and came back moments later holding a book. She gave it to Twilight who then opened it. The Elements shined brightly. Twilight put her's on. She gave the others their's.

"With that settled, now it's about getting into the castle."
"I can take care of that Twilight Sparkle." Princess Luna said.

Twilight looked up.

"Maybe the portal dropped me here for a reason. It's time to take the fight to Queen Chrysalis, for Princess Celestia, for Cadence, for my bother, for all of Equestria!"

And for the first time in eight years, the ponies had a glint of hope in their eyes. The time was set, Twilight and Applejack flew on Princess Luna while Fluttershy carried Rarity. They were on their way to Canterlot Castle.