• Published 5th Apr 2024
  • 185 Views, 5 Comments

Sunset Tiger - adyWriter

  • ...
 5
 185

Chapter 1

Author’s note: For this story I give thanks to a great DeviantArt artist from the exquisite Latin country of Mexico in Central America, PhysicRodrigo and her art Eye of the Tiger. His art piece gave me a good idea to work with.

Here are 2 links to 2 pictures of his: https://www.deviantart.com/physicrodrigo/art/Eye-of-the-Tiger-2-Sunset-Shimmer-TF-Sequence-769666601

https://www.deviantart.com/physicrodrigo/art/Eye-of-the-Tiger-5-Ending-801988331

And as a side note, in my universe Celestia and Luna never retire.

Story available on Fanfiction also with the following link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13703388/1/Equestria-Girls-Sunset-Tiger


Sunset the Tigress

Summer vacation was always a time to relax and do the many things one can’t do during the school year, things like going to the beach, traveling in the country or abroad, making more house chores, going to parties or other activities either in the city or outside. One activity that the main 7 decided to do at the beginning of summer is going on a camping trip to the forest for a weekend of outside activities like exploring the woods or the caves. However when it comes to those girls even a trip no matter how normal looks could turn into something out of ordinary especially with their unusual abilities that originate from Equestrian magic. However it isn’t necessary for Equestrian magic to always be the cause of problems always.

Going in a camping trip in the forest for the weekend the main 7: Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle with Spike were outside of either their tents, each doing their own things.

“Ahh, nothing is better the summer vacation one does everything that one can’t do doing the school year.” Rainbow Dash said coming with sticks for firewood at super speed.

“Can’t argue with that.” Applejack said.

“Hey guys I was wondering if you would be interested in exploring a nearby cave. I heard it has some interesting rock paintings.” Twilight proposed.

“Sorry but I wouldn’t want to end up in a nest of bats.” Rarity said polishing her nails.

“I would like to see it anyone else.” Sunset Shimmer said.

“I would come but I need to fix my tent first, and get the cider.” Applejack said.

“Ohh, ohh, I would come.” Pinkie came throwing confetti “But I need to prepare the marshmallows and the other snacks.”

“Too bad, where is Fluthershy by the way?” Sunset asked.

“She went in the woods, she said that there are some things she heard from some animals she encountered.” Applejack said.

“Well in this case I will go with Twilight to see this cave. We will see you all later.” Sunset said walking to Twilight.

“So where is the cave?”

“Follow me.” Both girls started to walk in the forest, the beauty and calming atmosphere of the forest in summer is always a calming sigh to let loose of the stress that has accumulated during the year and also to enjoy oneself with friends for some. For other however could bring out someone’s inner animal. The 2 girls reached the cave whose entrance was 3 meters tall and 2 meters wide half of it was however covered with moss, the inside of it was filled with all the rock formations, stalactites and stalagmites with some even uniting. The thing to behold was that wide drawings on a wall were several carvings that look very clear.

“Those carvings look amazing I wonder what kind of message they would like to tell.” Twilight said following them till she reached a layer of moss that also look to cover some sort of natural made pedestal in the rock.

“If it wasn’t for the moss I could try to analyze them.”

“Hey Twilight you should see this.” Sunset called her to another portion that was at the other end of the cave, the genius girl of the group went there to take a look, the part of the carvings showed something like a half animal human that was switching back to human form.

“I wonder what this could mean; I mean it isn’t possible for a human to turn to an animal, or animal into a human.” Twilight said.

“That if you don’t go through a portal that could turn you into a horse because you go in another dimension.” Sunset said going to the other end where her friend was to see what is saying, but she couldn’t deduce much.

“I really can’t make out a thing of what it wants to say.

“This due to all the moss, let’s try to remove it.” Sunset said starting to remove the moss with her hands and it started to make more and more sense, but they didn’t connect anything yet, however with the revealing of more and more pictures some of them seemed like a warning of the forest in danger, before there was the image of a small pedestal with a red stone.

“Really this is starting to get more and more confusing.” Sunset said before noticing a small red glowing behind the moss, where something like a natural made platform was. Removing the moss she noticed a red diamond that was glowing more and more and with it the rest of the drawings including the ones behind the moss, which immediately dropped on the ground the wall now been cleaned.

“What just happened?” Sunset asked confused by what just happened.

“I really have no idea, but from what I can tell this was something magical.” Twilight said turning to the drawings trying to deduce something. “However from what I can tell this magic is linked to the stone on the pedestal, however it doesn’t seem like equestrian magic.”

“Then what could be?” Sunset asked taking the stone in her hand and somehow she started to feel weird while Twilight somehow manage to deduce something and from what she could tell something was about to happen.

“Sunset by my analysis I believe that the stone is there with a purpose and maybe you should place it back.” Twilight said turning to her.

“What do you mea-ARGH.” Sunset started to feel something around her middle body, something wild that wanted to get outside dropping the stone back in its place. In the next moment reddish fur with black stripes starting to appear on her arms and hands extending to the rest of her body, while claws were also growing on her hands and on her face, her teeth sharpening and her eyes turning feline like. She also felt a big pressure on her back and a feline like tail with stripes popped out from her shorts. The change was however quite painful, the girl felt her body contracting and changing, her muscles becoming stronger, robust and agile while her friend watch in total horror at what was happening to her. Sunset also felt a pressure on feet, her sneakers ripping off her feet turning into tiger like paws with claws, her white t-shirt also had ripped off and then her shorts. Twilight witnessing everything barely managed to give out a word at what just happened before her eyes and that Sunset Shimmer became a 2 feet taller humanoid or anthropomorphic tiger.

“T-Twilight…..” Sunset said with a heavy voice trying regaining her strength, breathing heavily before lifting her head towards her “What happened?” Twilight still shaken and trembling was trying her best to say a word to her not knowing if her mind was still in control.

“S-Sunset…..are you…..alright?” She asked fearfully.

“Why do you ask?” She said before turning to her hands that were covered in red fur with black stripes, before turning to her whole body that was covered in a lair of red fur with stripes as well while from her chest down she was covered in white fur and was also without any clothes because all of them had be ripped off during the change, staying much taller with 5 mm then Twilight, also staying on her 2 paws.

“I-I have turned into a TIGER!?” She asked herself shocked before Twilight took a deep breath to speak.

“Actually, a humanoid tiger or anthropomorphic tiger, by the looks of it.” She said adjusting her glasses.

“But how could this be? OK I admit that I came from Equestria where I admit that I am a unicorn that walk on all 4 legs which I sometimes forgot after staying here for a long time, and don’t wear clothes and other things, and I do admit that I am glad that in this form I can walk on 2 legs. But still how could this happen?” Sunset said while Twilight turned to the paintings on the wall trying to deduce something.

“I really don’t know, there should be an explanation here. And yet doesn’t equestrian magic give one the ability to change something into something else?” Twilight asked trying to figure something out from the drawings.

“It does but there aren’t spells that could turn a pony into another animal or in our case a half human-half tiger.” Sunset said now frustrated placing her claws against the other wall cutting another layer of moss revealing something, hopefully a clue.

“Twilight look.” Sunset said turning to the other carvings on the wall across from where everything started. This time it seems like a story that was telling of another kind of magic one developed by what seemed to be a shaman, in order to protect the forest that was once threatened by other humans from 300 years ago. Turning again to the other carving from the other side she started to somehow understand the situation.

“Sunset!” Twilight started turning to the now half tiger friend “I believe this time it isn’t equestrian magic playing along.”

“It isn’t.”

“I am not too sure how to explain it or even to believe the possibility, and yet thinking that in our world we have many stories about magic, it could be some sort of explanation. But I don’t know to what degree this is accurate.”

“Let’s stick to it for the moment so we can find a way to change me back.” Sunset said while Twilight analyzed the rock drawings.

“From what I can tell this place was done by some sort of shaman, a man specialized in some sort of wild magic, to give it a name. From those drawings, I deduce that this magic was made by the ‘shaman’ because the forest once belonged to his people that were in a balance with the natural order. However when other people came and started to threaten the forest and the whole of nature by either poaching, or other harming things, he enchanted this place so that either a he or our case a she meaning you. To turn and have the powers of his spiritual or totemic animal, that could be anything known from around the world to come and protect the forest. This place activates only if there is something that is harming the flora and fauna.” Twilight said before turning to the other wall. “And it seems that when this is over the person changes back to normal.”

“Good thing to know but the question is what could be harming the forest.” Sunset said.

“Well it could anything, in our case it could be illegal cutting of trees, poaching or anything.” Twilight said.

“We must find out what.” Sunset said going towards the exit but Twilight came to stop her.

“I don’t think it is a good idea since you are, you know.” Twilight said trying to point out her new appearance.

“Oh yeah right.” Sunset feeling awkward about this “But how are we going to find out what could be done and what is the problem.”

“Well our best option is me to tell the others, and start to search for the problem.”

“You know in theory this would be my task, since I was turned into my spiritual animal.”

“Yeah, well in this case, I must try to explain the situation to the others. And bring them here because if they see you right away in your new form they might get spooked out.”

“So it means I have to stay hidden, in this cave like how a tiger should do in Asia before going outside for the hunt?” Sunset said rolling her eyes.

“Well, you got the idea, but don’t worry if we are more we will surely find the problem and then you can do what must be done.” Twilight said with a stressed smile.

“Good thing most of us thought to be prepared to stay even for 5 days.” Sunset said un-amused and by most he meant Applejack who thought of bringing more than expected, Rainbow Dash who thought of trying as many outdoor experiences, Pinkie Pie who brought more snacks then asked and Rarity to keep herself fabulous even in the forest.

“Well, I will go right now to tell the others of the situation, you just stay here and try not to be taken by….animal instincts.” Twilight said.

“I will see what I can do, just go, and hurry.” Sunset said and Twilight left the cave to get to their camping sight. Both girls never expected that they will encounter something like this in their camping trip, and Sunset thought that this trip wouldn’t be such an adventure much less one that wasn’t involving equestrian magic but another kind of magic.
_

Some miles away 4 men were near a mountain close to a river with shovels, pickaxes and dynamite were digging in the rock of the mountain inside a cave. The leading men of the group was a massive man wearing a leather coat and long trousers with a mining helmet on his head his face was covered with a long brown beard and his skin was dark brown.

“Sir, do you think this is the place that had been pointed on the map.” Asked another strong one with grey skin carrying a plate with some pebbles, while the boss took one to wash it.

“I am always right Big Hammer.” He said taking 3 pebbles in his hand getting it near the river to wash them before going to a small container with chemicals to wash them who immediately turned yellow.

“Especially when what we do is worth it when it comes to gold.” He said showing them. “If we do this right we will be rich.” He said and the others smirked with satisfaction.

“Now go back to work, we still have a lot to do.” He ordered and the others went back in the mine all except a fifth teenage slender one with green skin and dark black hair, who looked with great concern at what they were doing.

“Ahh, I don’t know what to say about this.” He said.

“Oh, stop whining Green Field if it weren’t for me you would work planting flowers all summer. I introduced you to a profitable manly activity.” He said.

“I still don’t think that it is wise to use sodium cyanide in this operation, aside from everything been illegal, maybe it will be better if…..” He started.

“Stop it NOW! I want you to go back to work, or walk around to think about this and then come back, end of discussion.” He said with a pressing tone to the slender one who looked down before leaving.

“Typical for him, boss.” Said another one with an obnoxious tone while looking at him walking in the forest.

“And to think he is my own uncle Yellow Metal.” He said to himself with a voice of shame.

“Fast Pick look after him.” Ordered one of the workers who let go of his pickax.

“Yes boss.” He said following him.
_

Back at the cave

Sunset was leaning on her back on a large round flat stone inside the cave Titanic style. By what one could tell she was very relaxed; one could say she was very in her nature to be relaxed in her new form, she was no more feeling awkward about her been covered in fur instead of her torn up clothes. The feeling she had at that moment seemed to feel very natural and very wild.

“Oh this feeling is very strong.” Sunset felt leaning around in a very seductive manner with her legs separated. “Wonder if this is how all cats feel” She said purring before looking outside the cave and immediately felt an urge to go outside.

“Hmm, I feel like I really need to go outside. But no, I need to stay hidden.” She said with a smirk trying to control herself to remain in the cave but looking outside, the urge was getting stronger.

“Hmm, I should see if there is someone outside still.” She said going to the cave entrance to look around the coast was clear.

“Well it seems there is no trouble.” She said to herself looking at the trees and up at the mountain before turning to her hands and the claws they now have.

“Hmm, well if I got those, let’s see what I can do with them.” She said to herself preparing her claws, before she ran towards a tree, the pupils in her eyes turning sharp before with a single leap jumping on a tree fixing her claws on it moving upwards till she reached the top of the tree.

“Wow, those claws are really useful, but I wonder at what I could use them.” She said before turning to the mountain and saw a cliff above the cave large enough for a human or a humanoid tiger to stay, the cliff been connected by a road and was also in the sun rays.

“Let’s see how is with the cat agilities.” She said with a smirk going on a branch and prepared herself and in one lip she jumped on the cliff landing gracefully on it kneeled on the rock and look around her.

“Those wild abilities are really something I do have to admit.” She said while feeling the sun rays touching her fur, hair and skin, feeling a great hit engulfing her.

“Hmm, no wonder cats like to stay in the sun; it really is relaxing and very enjoying.” She said stretching herself enjoying the sun rays touching her.

“Oh, well no one can see me here, so might as well stay and enjoy the sun.” Sunset said leaning on the cliff on her back, her legs crossed while her hands were under at the back of her head in a relaxed position. “Miaw.”
_

In the forest not too far from the cave Fluttershy was taking care of some of her animal friends she had just met, in general there were small animals like squirrels and rabbits alongside some chipping birds. It was typical for her to take care of animals no matter how big or small they were she would always be there to help them the equestrian magic also helped her understand them much clearer than others ever would.

“Ha-ha here you all go.” She said giving some nuts to the squirrels and seeds to chipping birds.

“It is so wonderful to be surrounded by all of you.” She said with a smile while a small blue bird was nuzzling her cheek.

Crack

They all heard a crack coming from the woods making Fluttershy and the small animals flinch all of them dispersing while the girl remained there fearful in place.

“Umm, who is there?” She asked before another crack came and out from a bush a slender teenage boy the same age as her tripped and fell to the ground.

“Oh man this wouldn’t be a great day.” He said trying to get up and Fluttershy immediately extended her hand to help him.

“Uh, do you need some help?” Fluttershy asked before the boy noticed her accepting her hand.

“Uh, thank you sorry for interrupting anything you were doing.” He said with a stressed voice.

“It is alright, I didn’t know there were other people around actually.” Fluttershy said.

“Neither did I. Oh where are my manners my name is Green Field.”

“My name is Fluttershy, nice meeting you Green Field.” She said with a smile.

“What were you going here? If I may ask.” He asked with a shy voice.

“I came here on a camping trip with my friends how about you?”

“I came yesterday with my uncle.” But we are several miles away.

“Oh you are also on a camping trip as well.”

“Wished it was with my parents at least in this case I would have done something I enjoyed.”

“Oh, but is the problem with your uncle.”

“Well you see he thinks that I should take up things that are more ‘manly’ for him he believes what I like is nothing that great.” He said sitting on a tree trunk looking at some birds in a tree.

“But what do you like? In my case I take care of animals I wish to be a veterinarian.”

“Oh, great in my case I am more of a botanist, I like to work with plants and their properties.” He said taking a small leaf in hand

“Oh but this sounds very nice.” Fluttershy said with a smile.

“I know however my uncle thinks this as a lame.” He said.

“But what he like?”

“He is a miner who in his free time tries to find a place where precious metals could be. He has a team that follows him as well, he however accepts when I go somewhere else.”

“That sounds like he isn’t between the best of people.” Fluttershy said.

“He isn’t especially when I say that something could go awry and isn’t right. He isn’t quite the soft kind of man.” He said looking down before two arms wrapped around him.

“I am sorry to hear this.”

“Thanks.” He said placing his own hand on her right one “But I am used to it however I don’t like too much how the evenings are with him with the loud sounds, only if I can escape it.” He said.

“Maybe I can help you. Do you want to come to my friends tonight Rainbow Dash would said that she would……‘gulp’ tell scary stories.” She said with fear.

“I see you don’t like them that much.” He said.

“Maybe you will not like it as well. It’s not that great idea.”

“Actually it could be better then what I am used to with my uncle. When can I come?” He asked.

“Maybe before the sun settles, also we are not too far from here.” She said showing the direction of their camp. “Just come along the road and you will find us.”

“Thanks I will.” He said before hearing a whistle from the forest, it was one of the workers making sound for him to come and he reluctantly has to oblige.

“It seems I have to go, I will try to come tonight. Nice meeting you Fluttershy.” He said leaving the girl.

“See you then Green Field.” She said waving at him going into the woods close to the mountain.

“I hope you enjoyed the talk with that girl, it seems your type boy.” Said Fast Pick teasing him.

“Please, for the first time since I came here with all of you this was the brightest moment I could have.”

“Listen Green Field, in your case even I agree with you on regards that what your uncle is doing isn’t right. However it’s not like I came here because I wanted to but because I know he could get you into hot water.” He said patting him.

“It isn’t like he wouldn’t do that.” He said with a monotonous tone.

“In any case I can vouch for him to let you go meet that girl again in that meeting, the boys might complain but I believe it is better this way.”

“It is amazing that you accepted to come here only to look after me, Fast Pick.”

“Well Green Field unlike other meat head, I at least think with my own mind, and also they are very susceptible in believing everything they are told. I tell you if there was one way or the other to stop this illegal mining operation I will be the most happy.” The miner said hopeful.

“Even you are seeing this as wrong, aren’t you?” Green Field asked while from the cliff above the cave entrance a Sunset was listening with her sharpened senses the conversation.

“This place is too beautiful to be poisoned with mining chemicals. Besides I guess that if there is even gold in the mountain better be left untouched or better to say I don’t even believe this mountain to contain precious metal.”

“Problem is my uncle wouldn’t even want to hear this, you know how he is.” Green Field said looking down.

“Unfortunately however, only the law would force him out of this idea of illegal mining or that or something else. It is either that or something that could scare all of them off.” Commented Fast Pick. “Now come let’s get back to camp, maybe if you pretend to do something, you will escape your uncle’s mouth and also let you much easily get to meet that girl again to tell camp stories.”

“Alright let’s go then.” He said and both moved forward towards their own camp while Sunset was watching them leaving.

“Illegal mining? Grrr, maybe this is the problem I wonder where those 2 are going. That boy Green Field doesn’t like this and so is the other, however let’s see who the ones who endanger the nature are.” Sunset said to herself jumping on the nearby tree with her new cat agilities she managed to land without making a sound before starting to follow them by jumping in the trees till she saw a camp with the rest of the miners, all of them had small tools to not cause too much noise but what was the trouble was the leader washing the mineral in the river with dangerous chemicals.

“Hisss, I shall talk with the others to see what must be done.”
_

At the camp site Applejack with Rainbow Dash were gathering the firewood they will need to make the fire for the BBQ, both girls of course were entangled in a competition on who will get the most firewood, with Rainbow Dash’s super speed she had managed to gather many sticks from the woods, one would say she had managed to gather all the sticks from the forest while Applejack with her super strength had managed to gather logs. While Rarity was polishing her nails on a tree trunk

“Hah, I beat you with the fire sticks.” Rainbow Dash said in triumph.

“Really, you only had gathered sticks while I gathered logs. In short I win.” Applejack said.

“No way you didn’t my pile is way bigger than yours.” She countered measuring the 2 piles; the sticks were more and much higher than the logs.

“But mine has the most wood.” Applejack said comparing one stick to one log before looking at each other menacingly while Rarity was rolling her eyes ready to say something before Twilight came from the forest.

“Aaaa, I hope I didn’t entered in an inappropriate time.” Twilight said with a stressed smile.

“Not at all darling you are right on time.” Rarity said showing the 2.

“We were just wondering who got more fire wood which is surely me.” Rainbow Dash said with pride.

“Hey! This isn’t how it is done.” Applejack commented before Twilight went between them to stop.

“Ahh yeah can we decide this a bit later, we kind of have a situation at hand and it involves Sunset.” She said with nervousness tracking their attention.

“What happened?” Asked Rarity confused.

“Well I have to show you in order for you to understand.” She said with a stressed voice while looking around for the others. “Where are the others?”

“Pinkie Pie went to walk around while Fluttershy went in the forest after some small animals.” Rarity said finishing polishing her nails.

“Well I guess you 3 are better than no one.” Twilight said.

“Oy, but what happened?” Applejack asked.

“Well, you need to come with me.” Twilight said begging them to follow her.

“Where are we going?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well I told you me and Sunset went to a cave to study some rock paintings didn’t we?” Twilight started while the 3 other friends followed.

“Did something happen there.” Rarity asked worried.

“And wait, where is Sunset?” Applejack asked.

“Well like I said it is a bit hard to describe but it isn’t something too grave I hope.” Twilight said with a stressed smile, of course she didn’t actually knew how she could explain the situation at hand.

“But hey what could have happened?” Rainbow Dash asked confused.

“You will see soon. ‘if she is still there’” Twilight said before Fluttershy came before them.

“Oh, hey where were you going?” She asked her friends.

“Something happened to Sunset.” Rarity said worrying the animal lover girl.

“Oh my, what exactly?”

“We don’t know yet, Twilight wants to show us.” Applejack said.

“Yeah and you should come as well we might need you for something.” Twilight said continuing to go, till they reached the cave where everything happened.

“Well here we are.” Twilight said stressed not knowing how all of them will react when they see her.

“Doesn’t seem like something happened.” Rainbow Dash said suspecting something like a landslide to block the entrance or something like it.

“Wait here, I will go and bring her.” Twilight said going inside the cave, but when she entered and started to look around she noticed that there was nowhere to be found, something which started to stress the girl even more.

“Oh great the animal probably made her go outside. This isn’t the time really.” Twilight commented.

“Is something going on there?” Applejack asked at the entrance.

“Well not exactly.” Twilight said with a stressed tone driving her suspicious.

“Alright something clearly happened and you try not to tell us.” She said while she exited.

“I want to tell you but I don’t think you will believe it.”

“Oh darling you surely are stressed up. What could have happened in that cave?” Rarity asked trying to calm herself not noticing that sunset was up in a tree.

“Well something happened in this cave that was something normal but abnormal and it affected Sunset.” Twilight started.

“Affected her how?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Look up here.” Sunset said from behind them in a tree and what they saw caught off guard and making their jaws to drop out in shock, it was their friend Sunset but not in a human or unicorn pony form but as a giant anthropomorphic tiger.

“This happened.” Twilight said with a stressed smile while Rarity fainted but was caught by Applejack.

“Sunset? Is that you?” The farmer girl asked.

“Who do you think?” Asked the now tiger girl, jumping down from the tree landing before them while Rarity wake up.

“How on Earth, did this happened?! I do admit that stripes and tiger style look so great on you but how this happened.” Rarity asked shocked.

“Let me explain.” Twilight said leading them inside the cave and started to explain to them about what they figured out in the carvings on walls. By all accounts the idea of Equestrian magic running wild around them started to be something they somehow got used to it. However the idea of non-Equestrian magic also been around was something they didn’t expected.

“So, by what we can tell this is not Equestrian magic it is another kind. Some sort of magic linked with nature and wildlife which activates in this cave whenever the forest or the nature is endangered.” Twilight explained.

“So instead of equestrian magic going out of control, there are also other kinds of magic that could go wild?” Applejack asked.

“Yes, in our case this magic linked to nature and wildlife. But this activates whenever the forest is endangered.”

“But what could actually endanger the forest so the magic in this cave could activate? And turn Sunset into an anthropomorphic tiger girl?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I think I know.” Sunset said and all turned to her “There is an illegal mining activity not too far from here, they are looking for gold and use mining chemicals harmful for the flora and fauna however they don’t use yet any explosive.”

“How did you know about it?” Asked Rarity.

“There were 2 people that came around, a slender teenager accompanied by one of the miners, from what I heard from them, they were dragged into this, they don’t agree with what the one leading this wants. Sadly the one who is in charge of this all is also the boy’s uncle. From what I heard and saw they aren’t the brightest of people the miners could believe everything.” Sunset explained before Fluttershy remembered something.

“Ahh the slender boy, wasn’t his name Green Field?”

“Yes he was. But he alongside another one Fast Pick have no blame, they were dragged into this by his own uncle. But how do you know his name?” Sunset asked.

“Well, I met him while in the forest he seems like a nice person not wanting to do anything bad. He complained of course about his uncle and I invited him over to come to us to listen to the stories around the camp fire. But I didn’t knew anything of this.” Fluttershy said.

“You told him to come to us tonight for the campfire stories?” Asked Rainbow Dash.

“Yes, but I didn’t knew anything about all this. He didn’t told me anything and he seemed like a nice boy.”

“And officially he is, he doesn’t actually want to be dragged in this mess made by his uncle alongside the other miner who knows this is too risky and doesn’t want to be involved.” Sunset said with her arms crossed.

“Well in my view I don’t think it will be the best to invite him over to us especially in our situation, when we have to stop to the activity of his uncle in order for Sunset to change back to normal.” Rarity said.

“Maybe we can try to photograph the illegal mining operation with our phones and then call the police and the forest rangers.” Applejack said.

“That would work to a degree but they might be long gone when that happen and no one says they can’t come back and try again.” Sunset said while Rainbow Dash though for a moment.

“Wait I think I got an idea to expose them and also for tiger Sunset to get involved.”

“What that might be?” Asked Twilight.

“You said that most of them with maybe the exception of Green Field and this other one whom accompanied. Are simple minded and could believe everything isn’t it?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yes this is what I head and saw.”

“Well in this case we can let Green Field come and try to scare him with an invented story similar to that of Big Foot or of werewolves, or in our case were tigers.” Rainbow Dash said looking at Sunset. “We invent a legend like the one about Gaia Everfree when we were at camp but it will involve this situation with a giant creature that roams the forest like a werewolf and attacks without any warning the ones that disturb its slumber, this happening if there are activities that harm the forest like in this case with their mining.”

“Do you really think that inventing a legend with some sort of creature of the forest will make them stop?” Twilight asked not too convincing.

“If we make it really convincing and scares them really hard so to force them to no more approach while police and the rangers arrive, I believe it is worth a try.” The athletic girl said with a smile. “Especially if Sunset makes the most terrifying roar she can at the end of it and then we move against them.”

“You know this plan could work actually.” Applejack started. “When I was very young Granny Smith once told me a story which she heard, about a strange creature lurking in the forest that attack any trespassers at night. Probably it was inspired from report of previous events that happened in this forest. So it might work in a way if we play it right.”

“That after we make some pictures with what they are doing to send them to the police and the rangers so they would come while we try to scare them as abdly as possible.” Rarity said.

“I will make the photos, give me only a phone and I will climb the trees and make the photos of their activity to send later.” Sunset said and Twilight gave her phone to Sunset.

“Be careful with it since you.” Twilight couldn’t bring to say the minor detail of not wearing anything with the exception of her stripped fur, but of course the girl rolled her eyes knowing what she was about to say.

“Don’t worry I will be careful.” She said before jumping on a tree and started to climb at the top before turning to them. “We will meet again here and try to tell Pinkie Pie about this.” She proceeded to jump the trees till she was no more visible.

“Wow I somehow am a bit jealous that I don’t have those abilities.” Rainbow Dash said with a smirk now.

“I really wonder what kind of animal you would have become if you were here. But I don’t think you would have liked it.” Applejack commented with a small smile.

“Yet I do have to tell that her look just inspired me to launch a new fashion line.” Rarity said already imagining and placing her right hand on dried moss “The wild brand where the animal inside gets out. Hmm this wall is soft.”

“Ahh Rarity that is dried moss.” Twilight said and the fashion girl backed away.

“Ew, ew, ew.” She immediately removed her hand to clean it and Fluttershy noticed a new drawing behind it, going there to clean it she noticed some new carvings.

“Ahh, girls I think there is something more.” The yellow girl said removing the moss before been helped by Twilight and Applejack to remove it completely. Behind the moss was another section; from what it seem a sunrise and then a sunset repeating 5 times and bellow were images of a man turned to the spiritual animal and somehow it looked like it was turning more and more feral.

“What are those carving saying?” Asked Fluttershy.

“I don’t know I am trying to figure it out.” Twilight said adjusting her glasses to analyze every detail in those pictures; it took 5 minutes to come to a conclusion which wasn’t quite comforting since that part was like a warning.

“Any idea what it might be?” Rarity asked.

“Girls I think it isn’t very good.” She started with a stressed voice tracking their attention.

“What might be the problem?” Applejack asked.

“Those pictures seem like a warning.” She started adjusting her glasses “From what I can tell the one that turns into its spiritual animal must accomplish the mission within a maximum of 3 or 5 days otherwise something bad happens?”

“What exactly?” Rarity asked worried.

“It says right here, after the man or the woman that touched the magical gem that was on that pedestal and was turned into its spiritual animal to stop the wrongdoers. He or she has to do it within 3 days maximum 5. Otherwise the animal spirit will take over the person, he will still have human features but it will become more like an animal. However this is done in stages, in the first 3 days there might be slight change with more abilities added and the instincts will be low, however beginning with the fourth day the feral instincts might get out of control. He or she might be able to retain human features and mind but the instincts could start to be more powerful.” She explained turning to the worried group.

“So it means that if Sunset wouldn’t manage to get rid of those slime balls she could be more like an animal?” Rarity asked worried.

“This is what I can deduce from the drawings.”

“What can we do in this case?” Fluttershy asked.

“Hmm, officially we might have enough time to stop this illegal mining operation. But if they came in the same time as we did we can use this to our advantage. When Green Field comes tonight and make our act when we tell him the story and he would tell the miners we can easily strike to scare them. But I believe that we should do this tonight so we wouldn’t take any risks for our friend to turn into the queen of the jungle, if we wait for too long.” Rainbow Dash explained.

“You know, Rainbow Dash is right, we must hit the iron while it’s hot, meaning we have to scare them as soon as possible, without much delay to prevent any kind of incidents afterwards.” Applejack said.

“I am kind of sorry that we have to use Green Field for that, especially that he wants nothing to do with what his uncle is doing.” Fluttershy said sadly thinking of having to scare someone he doesn’t deserve.

“We know this darling but in this situation we have no choice, especially that he is the one who has the necessary influence to tell this to the miners, before we start our act to seize the momentum.” Rarity said.

“You don’t need to worry; when this is over we will help him to not get into the mess that might come.” Applejack said.

“What would he have done if he wasn’t taken by his uncle in this Endeavour by the way?” Twilight asked.

“He said that he likes botany, he doesn’t enjoy what his uncle puts him to do and he knows that what is happening is wrong.” Fluttershy said.

“Well this will surely save him and the other guy in case Sunset turns wild and becomes the queen of the jungle.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“Let’s wait for Sunset now after she arrives we can put the plan into action.” Twilight said while getting outside the cave for their friend to return.


Author’s note: I felt like I needed to make this story as quick as possible during summer. I had to once again make a slight change to split it in 3 chapters.

Please do leave reviews; I really am interested in your opinions.

Author's Note:

Author’s note: I felt like I needed to make this story as quick as possible during summer. I had to once again make a slight change to split it in 3 chapters.

Please do leave reviews; I really am interested in your opinions.