• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 557 Views, 11 Comments

Rising from Darkness - Razer_Horn01



who is Razer Horn and how did he just appear from nothing, where did he come from, who is he really?

  • ...
14
 11
 557

Prologue

As Bastion Yorsets, the new headmaster of Celestia's school for gifted Unicorns read his favorite book, An Ancient History of Equestria, the only sound in the class room was the scratching of quill on parchment. He looked up briefly to see Nyx, the young Alicorn, and daughter of his Old friend's daughter Twilight, meticulously taking today's notes and transcribing them for easier study. "Nyx, don't you think it getting a little late, shouldn't you head back to your dorm room and get ready for bed? Your first class is The History of Equestria and it does start at 8:00 on the dot."

"I know Professor Yorsets, but I just need to get this last page done, and I cant do it in my dorm room because my room-mates are to noisy" Nyx replied looking up at her teacher. "Bye the way Professor what are you reading?"

"Oh this? This is a book called An Ancient History of Equestria, it was written by the parents of the Princesses, the king of the skies, King Swiftwing and the queen of the earth, Queen Naturemane. It describes how our world came into being" Bastion Answered "I have read it so many times and yet I still learn more would you like to borrow it I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as I do."

"Really Professor, you would let me borrow it?” Nyx asked eagerly, an insatiable curiosity and hunger for knowledge burning in her eyes.

"Of course, why what kind of teacher would I be if I said no to allowing a student to further their studies? I have read it many times over already, take it and read some tonight, do tell me what you think after our next class" Bastion replied, handing her the book.

"Oh Celestia thank you so much professor" Nyx exclaimed, taking the book in her magic and gently placing it in her saddle bags. "I'll go back to my dorm room right away." Nyx then quickly finished her transcription bid her professor farewell and quickly trotted away, excited about the knowledge she was sure to find. Later that night, after her room-mates had already gone to bed, she brought out the book, walked into the living area, lit a candle and began to read.

Long ago, when the universe was still in its infancy, the Eternal creator of all things made the first Alicorns. She made two who were shinning and good and gave them power over light, but she also made two who were black and evil and gave them power over darkness. when the four met they clashed and their battle raged for eons, centuries or days for the concept of time had as of yet not been created.

Then in her infinite wisdom, the eternal created two more Alicorns, these were neither inherently good nor evil but neutral. These two Beings broke the conflict between the other four and suggested that they all create their own specific planes where they could exist as they wished. The Eternal agreed and thus the three worlds of Tartarus, Kosmos, and Atlas were created. The two dark Alicorns named themselves Malice and Misfortune and chose Tartarus as their domain, the light Alicorns chose the names Valor and Virtue and chose Kosmos, and lastly the Neutral Alicorns chose Ouros and Gia as their names and were given Atlas as their domain.

Ouros and Gia then looked towards one another and loved each other, when their horn touched the first Unicorns were made, then when they touched hooves the first earth ponies were brought into existence, they touched wings and the first Pegasi were born. the two saw this and were proud, they changed their bodies so that their creations could see them and took up new names. Ouros went by Swiftwing and Gia by Naturemane, in these form they ruled for a time. Then Naturemane gave birth to two fillies whom then named Celestia and Luna.

One day, King Swiftwing and Queen Naturemane called their daughters and told them they had to leave and take their places as the heart of the sky and the soul of the earth once more. but they were leaving their daughters with their Royal Advisor a Draconequus named Delphi. For a time Delphi ruled justly but one day he went mad, he changed his name to Discord and cast the sisters out of the kingdom. Celestia and Luna wandered the wastelands for three years until one day they where met with a strange sight two Ponies, a Ent-deer, a Buffalo, a skeletal pony and a phoenix.

This group approached the two sister and the lead pony ,a proud warrior clad in armor, told them that they were sent by their parents to help the sister make Discord pay for his betrayal. the Eight companions travelled to the kingdom and fought against Discord, by the end of the battle Discord had been turned to stone but at a high cost, five out of the eight were mortally wounded and with their dying breaths transformed their souls into five of the six Elements of Harmony, the sister then combined their magic with that of the Phoenix Philomena and created the sixth element. this is how the Land of Equestria came to be ruled by the Royal Sisters.

The next day after all of her classes had been finished for the day Nyx Galloped to Headmaster Yorsets office and knocked on his door.

"Come in" she heard, and she quickly opened the doors with her magic and quietly closed them. "Ah hello Nyx to what do I owe this visit?" he asked.

"Well Professor, I read the first part of the book and it was really good, but I looked through it and it never mentions the first four Alicorns ever again, why is that?" she asked.

"Well my young student, that is because they have never been heard from or seen since and no one knows whether they ever really existed in the first place. Maybe one day, a curious young mind will discover their whereabouts and write a new book about their adventure" the headmaster replied with a wink.