• Published 25th Feb 2024
  • 492 Views, 22 Comments

Out of their Elements - setiell



Wallflower Blush managed to erase the memories of the rest of the six girls. Now they have no memories of the friendships that were made in CHS. How is Sunset going to fix this? (An alternative touch to EG special: Forgotten Friendship)

  • ...
3
 22
 492

Prologue

Sunset Shimmer started to run across the parking lot. The sun was already starting to set, and she had no time to lose. She ran past her friends, who were looking, or rather, glaring at her and shouted to the girl who was trying to sneak out.

“Wallflower! Stop!”

“You remember my name..?” Wallflower Blush said, with a trembling voice.

“I remember everything. The memory stone. How I acted. All of it!” Sunset said.

“What? How?! I erased the whole afternoon!”

The rest of the six stared at Wallflower unbelievingly.

“Listen. I used to be just like you. Sure, I was popular but.. I was lonely.” Sunset said in a soft voice. She realized being mad and getting into your opponent’s nerve isn’t going to be helpful when the opponent can magically erase your memory.

“You’re nothing like me, and I am not lonely because I have.. ugh..um.. PLANTS!!
…That sounded less lonelier in my head.” Wallflower said.

“I’m sorry Wallflower.”

“No you’re not! You’re just trying to look good in front of your friends! And it’s working! Guah!! How am I supposed to get back at you when nothing I do matters?!! I HATE YOU!!!”

As Wallflower finished her shouting, Sunset looked at her. Her face contained disbelief, but mostly, hurt.

“I wanted to teach you a lesson by erasing your friends’ good memories of you. But obviously, that didn’t work..” Wallflower said as she started to reach her backpack, trying to find the object she needed.

“What are you talking about?” Twilight interrupted.

Wallflower looked straight at Twilight and started shouting. Tears were getting out from her eyes. “I said! I wanted to teach her a lesson!! I erased her memories! You girls are all the same too. You all act like friendship is everything, but at the end of the day, nobody even cares about.. Me!! Your classmate! Your fellow yearbook committee member! Everyone acts like I’m invisible!!!”

“So.. what Sunset gal here was talking about.. It was all true?” Applejack quietly said to herself.

Wallflower throwed her bag to the ground, revealing the memory stone in her hand. “It doesn’t matter! You are all so annoying. My first plan was to erase all your high school memories to teach Sunset a lesson. But you know what? Scratch that. It's time for you six to learn a lesson.” The girls just looked at her, not sure how they should respond.

Meanwhile, Wallflower continued. Tears gone, now with a grin on her face.

“What if.. I erase all the memories of the friendships you girls made after attending CHS? Then you will all know what I feel for the rest of your time in high school!”

“Wallflower! No!”

The girl held the memory stone in her hand, releasing its power to the sky.

Sunset ran over, trying her best to stop her, but by the time she managed to knock Wallflower down, it was too late.

A magical beam surged out from the stone, spreading across the city as it hit the warm atmosphere. As Sunset looked upon the sky, she was able to see the little films of memories coming out from the school, their houses, over the everfree forest, slowly gathering toward their direction. She turned her head, and saw her friends. She saw the memories leaking out with horror in their eyes.

But that wasn’t even the worst part.

As soon as the memory wiping was done, Wallflower was engulfed with a green light, making her silhouette unrecognizable.

“Wha.. What..? What’s happening to me?!!!” Wallflower screamed in terror.

The green light turned into a sphere, glowing more and more brightly while floating until the light finally calmed down.

The sphere landed on the ground, opening, only to reveal Wallflower Blush’s new magical form. She was definitely taller than before, wearing a black colored full suit with greenish highlights on it. She held a golden flower with five petals in her hand, and wore a smug grin that could even beat Rainbow Dash in the term of confidence. Her eyes also changed their color to bright yellow.

“Huh.. I like this form. You know.”

Wallflower took a petal from the golden flower and threw it to the sky. With another boom, the petal got a lot bigger, and started to fall. The giant petal landed on the unconscious forms of Sunset’s friends, covering them in a yellow glow.

“What have you done!!”

“Nothing. Actually, I was just helping. Did you realize that when someone uses the memory stone, it alters the memories of other events to have them make sense?”

It was true. Sunset remembered when she saw her friends’ memories, the events of the past have changed differently.

“Well, I was giving them new forms just to help them adjust in their new lives. Nothing mental. What do you think Sunset?! You can’t do anything now. The only one who could get the memories back is me, and I won’t do it!! With my new powers now I will be recognizable, I will make sure no one will ignore me!!” Wallflower said as she was unaware of the memory stone slipping off her grip, making it fall not too far away from sunset.

“You won’t get away with this Wallflower!” Sunset said with tears forming in her eyes.

“Actually, I can.”

—----------------

Sunset cried. This was truly the worst day of her life. Everything went wrong.

And I am the only one who can fix this.

She turned her head to the empty parking lot, only to see the girls engulfed in a yellow light.

“Girls! Twilight! Pinkie! Wake up!”

But the only response she could get was those from the geodes. The six geode shined brightly, floating in the red horizon. The memory stone suddenly started to open, releasing the memories, only for them to get divided into six pieces. Each piece was absorbed by the six geodes. The geode shone brightly again, then became dim. Even dimmer than their usual forms.

“No..Nonononono….”

Sunset allowed her tears to flow freely. She grabbed the memory stone.

All of a sudden, the memory stone floated, and started to merge with her own geode.

Sunset looked down on her own geode. It was the same color, but it had some new touch of design on it. What? Why did it merge with my geode? What just happened? Why are their geode more dimmer than usual? What was all that memory release? Are their memories back?

Sunset was able to snap out of her thought as a light groan was heard from her back.

The light covering her friends was gone. And her friends looked… rather different. Twilight and Rarity looked almost the same, but the others had different outfits. Rainbow Dash was wearing a navy colored hoodie with some comfortable gray pants on instead of her usual sporty attire, and her hair was cut short. Only to fall an inch above her shoulders. Applejack’s hat was gone, and she was wearing a shirt with some fancy necklaces and earrings under a nice black jacket. She also wore sneakers instead of her brown boots.

But what shocked Sunset the most was Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy wasn’t wearing any breezy dress, or a comfortable sweater, but a leather jacket with black jeans. She was also putting her long hair in a ponytail. Lastly, Pinkie pie wasn’t dressed up all colorful and bouncy, but a bit colorless. Also, it catched her eyes that Pinkie’s hair was flat.

And for the cherry on the top, they were all glaring at her, some in anger, some in fear, some in disbelief.

“What am I gonna do..?”

Author's Note:

I was always curious of what would have happened if Wallflower actually succeeded. I'm planning to give this fic 15~20 chapters. This is my first fanfiction, so feel free to give any constructive comments!