• Published 12th Feb 2024
  • 274 Views, 33 Comments

The Story of Everfree - a Narrative Chronicle - Recon777



Explore the mysteries of the ancient alicorns in a gripping tale of love and vengeance. Delve into Equestria's past to uncover the secrets of the Royal Sisters and the mystifying Everfree Forest. Prepare for an epic journey through myth and legend.

  • ...
1
 33
 274

15 - Canterlot

Following the banishment of Luna, Celestia grieved her loss. The castle was in ruins after their battle. There seemed little point in repairing it. She wished not to see Everfree again, for it brought too many terrible memories. It had also developed a very unpleasant air about it that reminded Celestia of the time before Luna had returned from her quest, when the forest had grown hostile to ponykind. It didn't seem that bad at first, but it certainly felt creepy and intimidating.

Celestia was not concerned with such matters, however. After the loss of Luna, few things seemed to matter to her anymore. It was so cruel how she had been taken. But it was too late, now. Celestia left the Elements in the castle, not wishing to see them again. The last thing she had expected them to be used for would be the destruction of the only family she had left.

Now, her beloved sister was gone. There was no one she could share old stories with or talk to about things that the mortals simply could not understand. She was alone in her role as ruler over a people who had very little in common with her apart from a general appearance.

Celestia suffered depression for decades and finally decided to accept her fate in life and “rule them well” as was her mother's final wish. She abandoned Everfree and established a new, permanent capital city named Canterlot, built on a plateau set into the side of a high and steep lone mountain. It was a fitting place to rule from both because it represented her solitude and because its central and quite visible location within Equestria provided an excellent political nucleus for the nation.

The Royal Palace was a sight to behold. Unlike the former castle, this was a structure made for the purpose of ruling a nation. It was opulent and regal, projecting an air of diplomatic superiority and prestige. Ponies and foreigners from around the world would gather here and know that Equestria was a great nation, ruled by a great leader.

Celestia's nation enjoyed a peace and prosperity that had never before existed in pony history. Over the next nine-hundred years, the pony nation of Equestria enjoyed the status of being the greatest nation in the world.