• Published 7th Feb 2024
  • 193 Views, 7 Comments

The Cutie Alchemist's Daughter - Visharo



Her family is in pieces, her home is inhospitable, the future is uncertain, Celestia needs to take lead and find a way to save Equus.

  • ...
 7
 193

‎ ‎ ‎ Nurse Redheart

Nurse: a person who cares for the sick or infirm

Red: of the color red

Heart: courage or enthusiasm especially when maintained during a difficult situation

------------------------------------------------------

When Celestia came to, she immediately felt pain. Pain in her chest, in her hands, in her knees and her hooves. The white unicorn mare, complete with a pink mane, groaned as she rolled over in her bed. She then proceeded to try to stand up, but the weight made her legs collapse underneath her, so she settled by easing back into the bed, hissing all the while. It took a while, but she finally found a position where nothing hurt and it was comfortable. It was only then did she contemplate the situation she was in.

She was back home. That part was quite obvious from her surroundings. The bed she was in was her own, and next to her, was a wooden bowl that she carved herself with only a bit of help from Swirly. She let out a short, ragged gasp. Starswirl... Memories trickled in. They came in slowly as Celestia tried, in vain, to stem the tide of pain. But just like water, the memories found a way and pushed their way in. It wasn't long before she was crying softly, whimpering at the sight of those horrible faces. Faces that belonged to her family.

The padded floor didn't feel so cozy anymore. She didn't feel safe nor comforted. She felt horrible. She felt just like that black goo that spread from Swirly... It didn't feel right, calling that...monster, Swirly, but Celestia didn't know what else to call him. He's always been Swirly to her. She felt lost.

Luna would know what to do.

And with that thought, a new wave of pain coursed through her body. Luna, her dear sister, Luna. Gone in an instant. Now she'll never be able to watch the stars she adored, or dance in the moonlight, or smile peacefully as the sky was awashed in color beyond equine comprehension. Celestia closed her eyes, for fear she would go blind from the tears.

And Stygian. Uncle Stygian was always nice to her, even if he didn't show it as well as the others. He was the first stallion she knew besides Swirly and that made him even more special in her eyes. Now, he was wrapped in shadows and glowing white eyes that was filled with too much hatred and loneliness that Celestia refused to believe that that was Uncle Stygian.

That gave her pause. Maybe they're all still alive! Just, currently in different states of mind. That means Celestia could fix it all! She swung her legs over and tried to get up again. She forgot about the pain and promptly collapsed onto the floor, too weak to drag herself back to the bed.

"Celestia! Yer awake!" There was some shuffling and Granny Smith's face filled her view. At the sight of her, made the world go blurry, yet again. "Oh, mah poor filly." The older mare crouched down and hugged Celestia, all the while, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

She had no idea how long she was there, wrapped in Granny's embrace, crying her heart out. She kept on whispering "sorry," over and over again, as if her sorrows would be resolved just like that. Then a thought struck her already heavily burdened mind. "SUNSET! WHERE IS SHE?"

"Shush, mah child. She's..." The older mare tried to calm her but Celestia interrupted.

"She's out there! All alone! Her and Shining! I left them!" A fresh wave of sobs threatened to tear her apart. She was a terrible daughter, sister, and friend.

"Shhh." Granny pulled away and placed a hoof on her mouth, stopping the rampant apologies. "She's here. She's safe. Shining brought her back, just like he promised ya."

"She's...she's safe?" She asked softly, shattered hope in her eyes.

"She's safe." Granny made some comforting noises. "Why don't ya lie back down. Ya need yer rest."

"Yeah...yeah. You'll wake me up, though, right?"

"Ah promise."

***

Celestia blinked her eyes open, but she still felt tired. The pain had lessened, but only somewhat. After spending a few moments, lying down and feeling terrible, did she try to get up. This time she was prepared, and held herself up by grabbing onto the wall and got up. Her legs ached, but she was able to walk.

It was only then did she realize it was nighttime and everypony was asleep in their own beds. A quick look around confirmed what Granny said the other day. Sunset was snoring peacefully and Shining was on the other side, hugging Cadance. The two looked happy, it made Celestia smile. Then her eyes wandered to the bed where Granny Smith was supposed to be. It was empty.

Thinking she must be outside, Celestia carefully made her way out, conscious of all the sleeping ponies around her. The moment she stepped out, a cool comforting breeze washed away the slow agony she had been putting herself through. She closed her eyes for a second, letting it seep through her entire body before she took off again.

It didn't take long for Celestia to find her. She was exactly where she thought she would be. Sitting on a padded rock in the middle of her apple trees. An orchard she called it.

Celestia made her way over to her, picking the easiest path, mindful of all the roots and rocks.

"Celestia."

"Granny." She was looking up, to the crescent moon.

"Sit next to me, filly." Celestia slowly eased herself down onto the padded rock.

The two sat there for a while, just looking up to the night sky. The familiar sight felt like a hole in her heart. Her sister should be here.

"What happened over there? Shining was able to tell me the little few, but poor Sunset couldn't stop cryin'." Granny moved her head to look directly at Celestia. "Where is Starswirl."

"He's gone." Tears threatened to spill yet again, but this time Celestia pushed it back. "So is Luna and Uncle Stygian."

"Gone how?" Granny's face remained passive. "One thing ah've learned 'bout this world, is that many a thing can do the unexpected."

"They turned into shadows."

***

"By the way, why do I feel better? The blood from my knees is gone and the wound is closed. I mean, it still hurts, but not as much." Celestia asked after a quiet long silence.

"After Rainbow Dash or Lightnin' Dust, whoever, doesn't matter none, found ya collapsed outside, ah rushed over and hauled ya here mahself. Ah didn't know what tah do, ah'm a practical mare and nuthin' 'bout this was practical. Then the chalice or whatchamacallit, started glowin'. Out came this white mare with a kindly expression. With help from Fluttershy, the two patched ya up nicely."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me, thank those two fillies."

"I will."

The two fell into silence again. The night sky seemed darker than usual or perhaps that was just Celestia's imagination.

"Will ya be okay?"

"Yes." She lied.

Author's Note:

I hoped you enjoyed this!
Also, I don't even know if this counts as 'Everyone' anymore. Oh well.