• Published 1st Jan 2024
  • 454 Views, 42 Comments

Rarity's Choice - mikemuir0178



Rarity must make the choice of upholding her dream as a fashionista or keeping her love for Spike.

  • ...
3
 42
 454

Chapter 12: Support

Chapter 12: Support


“Are you sure it’s this way?” Apple Bloom said as she gazed along the outskirts of Canterlot.

“I’m pretty sure,” Sweetie Belle said as she held up a map of Canterlot with her magic. She then flipped the map around and peered at it again. “At least I think it is.”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes in annoyance. “We’re lost!”

“We’re not lost! I’m sure it’s around here…somewhere,” Sweetie Belle replied as she flipped the map again.

Apple Bloom let out a sigh. She then jumped to Sweetie Belle’s side and peered at the map. “Where are we now?”

“Um…” Sweetie Belle rotated the map again and again as she gazed at it. “I think…maybe…no…maybe…uh…”

Scotaloo jumped to the other side of Sweetie Belle the next moment. “I told you. We’re lost.”

Sweetie Belle felt her heart sink as she heard Scootaloo’s words. For her, the trip to Canterlot was a trip to redeem herself for causing Rarity so much trouble. All she had to do was find the two reporters and ask them to stop printing gossip articles about Spike and Rarity. Maybe even write something that would make ponies see Spike in a new light. It was a simple plan, right?

However, Sweetie Belle found that finding the reporters was hardly simple.

Despite their best efforts, locating where Filly Fashion was printed was proving to be quite difficult. The address provided on the magazine did not lead them to the business section of Canterlot like they thought it would, but instead to the city’s outskirts. Most of the area was composed of residential houses and none seemed to be for a magazine company.

“Maybe we should ask for directions again,” Apple Bloom suggested.

“Again?” Scootaloo rolled her eyes. “We must have asked at least a dozen times.”

“Well it has to be here,” Apple Bloom countered.

Sweetie Belle lowered the map and peered around her surroundings. Sadly, she saw that there was no one around. It wasn’t surprising since all the ponies that lived in the area were probably in the shopping district or working at this time.

“Hey! Over there!” Apple Bloom said suddenly as she pointed to a simple house nearby. “That there house has the same number as the address.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo peered at the house in question. As far as they could tell, it was a small house barely able to hold a family. There was nothing distinguishing about it and certainly no evidence to suggest it was being used for printing magazines.

“I don’t know,” Scootaloo questioned, “We don’t even know if we’re on the right street.”

“But we can ask whoever lives there,” Apple Bloom responded.

“Fine!” Scootaloo grudgingly replied.

“It’s worth a shot,” Sweetie Belle added as she renewed her hope.

The three fillies quickly made their way up to the house in question. As they approached it, they did not see any activity through the windows. As best as they could tell, no one was home at the moment.

This did not deter Apple Bloom as she wrung the doorbell. “Hello? Is anyone there?”

There was no answer.

Sweetie Belle was the next one to call out. “Hello? We need some directions. Can you help us?”

Again there was no answer.

Apple Bloom shared a look with Sweetie Belle. “I guess they’re not home. Maybe we should-“

“Hey! Did you hear that?” Scootaloo shouted suddenly as she turned to look to one side of the building.

Both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked toward Scootaloo. “Hear what?” Apple Bloom asked.

“I thought I heard something,” Scootaloo responded.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle remained silent for a moment as they listened. However they heard nothing. “Are you sure? I don’t-“ Apple Bloom began.

“I know I heard voices,” Scootaloo replied. She then quietly listened. “There it is again!”

Apple Bloom fell silent and strained her ears. As she did, she caught the sound of what she thought were voices. However, the sounds were muffled and she could not tell what they were saying. “I think I heard it too. Where’s that coming from?”

“I think it’s coming from behind the house,” Sweetie Belle confirmed.

“Let’s check it out!” Scootaloo encouraged as she led the way around the house.

The other two fillies followed in unison. As they circled around to the back, they discovered an open cellar door that led to the basement. From it, all three fillies could clearly hear the voices of two ponies arguing from inside.

“We won’t get any publicity with this!”

“It’s all I could find.”

“But this won’t grab the attention of our readers.”

As Sweetie Belle heard the voices, she jumped happily in the air. “Hey! I recognize those voices. It’s the two reporters I spoke with!”

Apple Bloom turned to her friend, “Are you sure?”

Sweetie Belle nodded. “I’m sure! Come on!” she said before charging toward the cellar door.

“Sweetie Belle! Wait!” Apple Bloom called out.

“Come on!” Sweetie Belle encouraged as she jumped down into the cellar.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked at each other for a moment before deciding to follow their friend. As they entered the cellar and found Sweetie Belle, they began to peer around at their surroundings. To their surprise, the basement reminded them of their school’s basement where they printed the Foal Free Press. They found several boxes of paper and a few magazine piles lining the walls. There was a board that had a few clips and notes pinned on it. On one side of the room was a typewriter and on the opposite side was a mechanical printing press. However, the printing press appeared to be on its last legs.

For Sweetie Belle, her interest lay in the two ponies that stood in the center of the room talking to each other. Immediately, she recognized Sandy Fashion and Cherry Pie, but they appeared quite different from the sophisticated ponies she had met at the ball. Instead of wearing nice dresses, they appeared more rugged and worn down like they had worked on the Apple Farm. Even Sandy Fashion wore a pair of overalls and was covered in ink blotches.

“We can’t publish this. This will never work,” Sandy Fashion said as she looked over an article that Cherry Pie had given her.

“But it is about Princess Celestia,” Cherry Pie replied.

“Helping another school,” Sandy Fashion sighed heavily, “She does this every day. Ponies won’t find any interest in that.”

Cherry Pie lowered her head in defeat.

“Is that them?” Apple Bloom whispered to Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle nodded.

“Sounds like they’re having trouble,” Scootaloo commented silently.

Apple Bloom could see the two ponies were in a hot debate. “Should we talk with them now?” she questioned.

Sweetie Belle considered Apple Bloom’s question for a moment. She didn’t like the idea of interrupting them in an unannounced visit, but she was desperate. With renewed fortitude, she stepped forward to address the two ponies. “Excuse me!”

Both Sandy Fashion and Cherry Pie jumped in surprise as they heard the high pitched voice behind them. They then turned to see the three fillies approaching them. “Huh? Who are you?” Sandy asked.

“We’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders,” Apple Bloom introduced.

“We’ve come to ask for your help,” Sweetie Belle said.

Sandy fashion let out an annoyed sigh. “I’m sorry. But we are kind of busy at the moment. Come back later.”

“Sandy! That’s no way to treat visitors,” Cherry Pie reprimanded.

“We don’t have time to entertain children. The printing press is acting up again and you still need to find a story,” Sandy countered.

“Wait!” Sweetie Belle cried out. “I don’t suppose you remember me. My name is Sweetie Belle. Rarity’s sister.”

Cherry Pie looked down at Sweetie Belle and studied her features. Her eyes then lit up in recognition. “It is!” Cherry then turned to her friend. “She was the one at your cousin’s ball!”

Sandy looked down at Sweetie Belle again. It took a moment for her to remember the young filly. “My apologies. I didn’t recognize you,” Sandy Fashion replied. She then looked to Cheery Pie and the printing press. “Things have not exactly been going our way.”

Cherry Pie then turned back to the three young fillies. “What are you all doing down here?”

Sweetie Belle approached the two ponies. “It’s about the article you wrote. The one about Rarity and Spike. We want you to stop your gossip article and write a new article that can help her.”

Cherry Pie and Sandy Fashion looked at each other for a moment before turning back to the three fillies. “A new article?” Sandy Fashion asked.

Sweetie Belle nodded. “That article you posted is ruining Rarity’s career. I need your help to undo the damage it has caused.”

Sandy Fashion and Cherry Pie looked to each other again, both looking as if they felt guilty of a crime. Sandy Fashion then turned back to Sweetie Belle. “I’m afraid we can’t help you with that.”

“But your gossip column is hurting my sister!” Sweetie Belle cried.

Cherry Pie held up her hooves in defense. “It’s not that we don’t want to. It’s just…well” Cherry Pie then walked over to a nearby table and pulled a newspaper off it. She then walked over and handed it to Apple Bloom. “See for yourself.”

Apple Bloom opened the paper and began to read it. The newspaper was the Canterlot Chronicle and the top story featured was about Rarity. “Relationship between Rarity and baby dragon appears confirmed. Rainbow Dash seen wearing a wedding dress that she says belonged to Rarity,” Apple Bloom read.

“What?!” Scootaloo shouted. She then yanked the paper away from Apple Bloom and looked over the pictures in the article. She was surprised to see Rainbow Dash in a free flowing gown meant for a wedding. The face Rainbow wore seemed to show she had been caught completely off guard. “I never thought I’d see Rainbow Dash in a wedding dress.”

“But…This is all wrong! My sister isn’t getting married!” Sweetie Belle said, “This is the dress your cousin wanted. Rainbow Dash was only modeling in it.”

Cherry Pie turned to Sandy Fashion. “I told you the design looked familiar.”

Sandy Fashion rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Fine. You were right. It was her dress.” She then looked to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “But it still does not change the fact that every magazine and newspaper is now publishing this story.”

“But can you stop writing this article in your magazine?” Apple Bloom asked.

Cherry Pie let out a deep sigh. “The truth is, we already did.”

“Huh?” all the Cutie Mark Crusaders said in unison.

“After our initial article was published, we saw the reactions of the all the ponies who read it. A few noble ponies showed disgust at the idea of a pony and dragon being together. But they started talking and spreading their views to others. Eventually, their words spread and caused this trouble for your sister,” Sandy Fashion explained.

“It was never our intention to ruin your sister’s career. In truth, both me and Sandy are big fans of Rarity’s work,” Cherry Pie admitted.

“We’ve been printing our magazine for a few months now, but no one’s buying it. We were desperate to find an article to sell. In truth, we don’t even have enough money to replace our printing press,” Sandy Fashion said as she pointed to the printing press in the corner of the room.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all looked to the printing press in unison. As they did, the printing press squirted ink out in various directions, creating dark blotches on the floor.

Scootaloo then turned to her friends. “It sounds like the same situation we were in with our Gabby Gums column.”

Cherry Pie’s interest grew as she heard Scootaloo. “Gabby Gums?” she asked. Her eyes then went wide with realization. “Wait! You’re the same fillies who made that famous Gabby Gums column?” Cherry Pie said in surprise.

The three Cutie Mark Crusaders looked to each other. Sweetie Belle then turned to face the two ponies. “You know our work?”

“We were big fans,” Cherry Pie smiled.

“It helped inspire us,” Sandy added.

“It wasn’t exactly our best moment,” Scootaloo groaned as she recalled how every pony had turned on them.

Sandy Fashion gave a nervous laugh when she saw the reaction of the Cutie Mark Crusaders to their Gabby Gums column. “No…I suppose it wasn’t.”

“But it did show us that even three little fillies could rise up and start their own article. We wanted to do the same when we started Filly Fashion. We thought if three school ponies could entertain the masses, we could do the same,” Cherry Pie explained.

The next moment, the printing press made a few more spluttering noises as ink began shooting out the top for a few moments. It then fell silent.

“We just underestimated what was involved,” Cherry Pie continued as she and the others glanced at the machinery. Cherry Pie then looked towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders and gave a forced smile. “As you can see, we’ve had some…problems.”

The printing press released another splutter of ink.

Deciding to take a stand, Sweetie Belle stepped forward. “I know I’m probably asking a lot, but I need you to help my sister.”

“By writing a new article?” Sandy asked.

Sweetie Belle nodded. “If you interview my sister, you can get the whole truth. You’ll see everything from my sister’s point of view. See how Spike has been a support for her all these years and why my sister fell in love with him.”

Cherry Pie took a few moments to think. She then looked to Sandy Fashion. “You know. None of the other publishers have gotten an interview with Rarity yet. We could hear her side of the story and put that into our next article.”

Sandy Fashion scratched her chin in thought. “It would be better than another charity event.”

Sweetie Belle’s demeanor brightened as she heard this. “So you’ll help us?”

“I think it could work,” Sandy Fashion said in thought. She then looked to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “It would definitely give us an advantage over the other media.”

“And maybe give us a chance to interview Rarity about new fashion designs,” Cherry Pie added.

Sweetie Belle’s hopes rose as she heard this. “Great! When can we get started?”

At that moment, the printing press began to shoot out more ink than usual. The contraption then emitted a terrible screeching sound of metal grinding on metal as it began to vibrate uncontrollably. With one last splutter of ink, the machine caved in on itself and lay in a pile of rubble on the floor.

Everyone could only stare in surprise at what just happened. It was Cherry Pie who finally broke the silence by giving a nervous laugh. “Can you wait a few days? We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties.”

Sandy only groaned in frustration.

“Um…Do you think you can fix it?” Apple Bloom asked in concern.

Cherry Pie gave a nervous laugh. “It’s not the first time. Sandy has fixed it before.”

“You know my cutie mark is not a wrench!” Sandy Fashion growled to Cherry Pie as she grabbed a box of tools with her mouth. She then headed over to the machine.

Cherry Pie turned back to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “Just give us a few days to repair it and we’ll help you with your story,” Cherry Pie promised. She then jumped to Sandy Fashion’s side to help with the repairs.

“A few days?!” Sweetie Belle cried.

Both Scootaloo and Apple Bloom went to Sweetie Belle’s side to comfort her.

“I’m sure Rarity can figure something out before then. I mean…how bad can it be?” Apple Bloom asked.

Sweetie Belle wanted to believe her friend, but had her doubts. With the all the other newspapers publishing the article about Rarity and Spike, it was only a matter of time before things did become worse.



X==X==X==X==X



“Do you really have to come with me today? I’m sure Rarity is doing fine,” Spike said as he walked to Carousel Boutique with Twilight at his side.

Twilight responded with a gentle smile. “Yesterday was pretty hard on her. She was chased by reporters. She had to talk to her parents. I just want to make sure she’s doing okay.”

Spike groaned to himself. Normally he wouldn’t mind Twilight accompanying him on such an errand. However, he had hoped to squeeze in some time with Rarity - alone. Sometimes, he could not help but wonder if Twilight was being an overbearing sister. She did approve of his relation with Rarity, but she seemed to want to monitor their relation whenever she could. “I’m sure she’ll be fine. She seemed pretty happy when I left her last night.”

“Really,” Twilight scrutinized.

“Well…Happy as is in she wasn’t concerned about what happened,” Spike stuttered.

Twilight let out a gentle snort. She decided to spare Spike the embarrassment of telling her what really happened last night after the little dragon offered to walk Rarity home. As his sister, as well as the one who hatched Spike, Twilight thought it was her duty to watch over her brother.

However, this did not mean she was not worried about Rarity.

As a close friend, Twilight was genuinely concerned about Rarity’s wellbeing. With all the gossip the newspapers and magazines were printing, it would most certainly affect Rarity one way or another.

“See. No reporters,” Spike said as they approached Rarity’s boutique, “I’m sure she’s doing fine.”

“THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!” Rarity shouted from inside the boutique.

“Or not,” Spike added after hearing her voice.

“Come on,” Twilight said as she led the charge to Rarity’s front door. Using her magic, she swung the door wide open so she and Spike could enter. To their surprise, they saw Rarity pacing rapidly in a circle while using her magic to hold several letters in front of her. In the corner of the room was Sassy Saddles looking over another set of letters while trying her best to remain calm.

“Cancelled,” Rarity cried before she used her magic to flip to another letter. “Cancelled!” she repeated in a higher tone. She then flipped to a third letter. “CANCELLED!” she shouted before falling to floor and crying uncontrollably.

Cautiously, Spike and Twilight approached Rarity as she lay bawling on the floor. “Rarity? What happened?” Twilight asked.

“I’VE BEEN CANCELLED!” Rarity cried.

Twilight shared a glance with Spike before turning to Sassy Saddles for an explanation. “What happened?”

Sassy let out a sigh as she lowered the letters in front of her. “She’s been receiving cancellations for all her future projects in Canterlot.”

“What?!” Spike said in surprise.

“But…Why?” Twilight stuttered at first. “Just because she’s dating Spike?” she added in outrage.

“Unfortunately, that is the case,” Sassy Saddles bemoaned.

Twilight could feel her emotions rise as she heard this. “That’s absurd!” she said as she starred angrily at Sassy, “What right do other ponies have to tell who Rarity dates?”

“This is how it works in the fashion world!” Sassy replied calmly. She then lowered her head slightly. “Ponies look at you and judge you on everything you do. If you falter or appear different than what they want, they…no longer want to see you.”

As Twilight heard this, she could not help but wonder if something similar happened to Sassy before becoming Rarity’s manager. “But that’s not right. Even I’m a public figure and I can still choose what I want.” Twilight countered.

“But your title was given by Princess Celestia. Rarity’s title comes from the ponies who judge her. The public wants to see perfection in Rarity. If they don’t, they will look to someone else,” Sassy replied.

“I still can’t believe every pony would do this!” Twilight said in denial.

Sassy lowered her, “Maybe not every pony. But some ponies have spoken out about this and convinced others to follow them.”

Twilight remained silent as she contemplated what Sassy said. In some ways, it reminded Twilight of all the times she had to deal with Chancellor Neighsay. Although she did not think he was involved, Twilight suspected there were other noble ponies like him who pushed their views forward to sway others. “This isn’t right!”

“Whether it’s right or not does not matter. This is how other ponies are viewing Rarity now,” Sassy said. She then turned to Spike. “I know you are special to Rarity, but you cannot pursue a relationship with her. Not if you want help preserve her dream.”

Spike lurched in surprise as he heard those words. His eyes then fell to the ground.

“That’s enough!” Twilight commanded, “Spike! Don’t listen to her!” She then turned her attention back to Sassy. “Rarity can pull through this. She’s endured similar instances before.”

“If we want to help Rarity, we need to show her audience what they want to see,” Sassy replied.

“Even at the cost of Rarity’s happiness?” Twilight demanded.

Sassy looked Twilight in the eyes. “Will she be happy if all of her dreams are destroyed?”

Twilight fell silent as she heard the question. It was no secret how devoted Rarity was to her dream of creating her own fashion empire. It had taken years of hard work for Rarity to rise to the level she was now at. To see it come crashing down because of a simple article was heart breaking.

Sassy could see the hesitation in Twilight’s eyes and knew she had to press forward. “Spike is a wonderful companion, but ponies will only see him for what he is. It’s the same for Rarity.”

“And how do they see Rarity?” Twilight demanded.

“They want Rarity to appear as a role model to look up to. A figure that can show them the way to success, yet still live up their views. In one word…Perfect,” Sassy explained.

“No one can be perfect,” Twilight countered.

“No…But that’s what ponies want to see,” Sassy answered back.

Twilight could not deny that Sassy was speaking the truth. Ponies did want to see Rarity as ‘perfect’. Even Twilight had been judged in that manner several times in the past when ponies had come to her for help, thinking she had all the answers or could solve any problem. It was not easy to live up to their expectations or show them who she really was.

“This is the way it is,” Sassy said when Twilight did not respond.

“No!” Twilight countered, “We can change that!”

“How?” Sassy demanded.

Twilight stood in thought as she searched for answers. “What we need to do is find a way for other ponies to see Rarity in a new light. Maybe…Catch their attention in some other manner,” Twilight said, more to herself than to Sassy.

Sassy shook her head. “You would need something monumental to draw their attention,” Sassy explained, “Something that would impress the entire fashion world.”

“There has to be something?” Twilight argued.

Sassy sighed heavily. “Can you think of anything that can do that? Even you and your friends failed when you published that Friendship Journal.”

Twilight was caught slightly off guard by the statement. “Um…Well…”

“I know it’s hard, but Rarity needs to leave Spike so she can recover her status,” Sassy explained.

Twilight refused to believe Sassy’s ideal. Even when other ponies thought she should be something else, Twilight still fought to prove she was her own pony first. Now it was time to show ponies who Rarity truly was. But, even Twilight was unsure on how to undo all the damage that was done. How could Rarity grab the attention of an entire fashion empire that was against her?

As Twilight searched for an answer, her eyes wandered across the many shelves and items that were spread out across the boutique. Everything represented a part of who Rarity really was. A young maiden who wanted to show her generosity by sharing her gift of fashion to all of Equestria. It was her own work in fashion that had captured the imagination of ponies. What Rarity needed was something to remind all other ponies of the contributions she had made. Maybe then they would see the hero they wanted again.

Twilight then spotted something that caught her attention. “The wedding dress,” Twilight said to herself. She then looked at Sassy. “Rarity could impress the public again with her work on this wedding dress. Maybe that will help bring back some of her business. Ponies would be more interested in talking about her work rather than the gossip with her and Spike.”

Sassy was surprised on how quickly Twilight had come up with an answer. After shaking her initial astonishment, she began to seriously consider Twilight’s words. However after a few moments, Sassy lowered her head in defeat. “There would not be enough publicity. Only the family would see the dress. Even then, it would depend on the family spreading the word about her work.”

“Well…What about the fashion show?” Spike suggested.

“Fashion show?” Twilight asked.

“Rarity told us about an upcoming fashion show in Canterlot,” Spike said to Twilight and Sassy. He then turned to face Rarity and assisted her to her feet. “If you can create a line-up that will catch the eyes of all who saw it, then ponies would want you make dresses for them again.”

Rarity took a moment to consider the plan. “I suppose it’s worth a try. But…it would need to be something beyond spectacular.”

Sassy averted her gaze as she heard this. As she did, she used her magic to lift up a single letter that stood out among the others.

Noticing Sassy’s reaction, Twilight turned to face her. “What’s wrong, Sassy?” Twilight asked.

Sassy bit her lip for a second before levitating the letter over to Twilight. “I…haven’t shown Rarity this letter yet,” she confessed hesitantly.

Twilight took the letter from Sassy and examined the contents. The parchment appeared to have the seal of the fashion committee on the top left and was a business letter. “To Rarity. We regret to inform you that due to current circumstances we cannot allow you to partake in the Canterlot Fashion Show scheduled for – WHAT?!” Twilight shouted after reading the first part of the letter out loud.

Rarity’s lips quivered for a moment before she collapsed to the ground again and started crying. A moment later, a gallon of ice cream floated over to her side, surrounded by the blue aura of Rarity’s magic. Between each of her sobs, Rarity began to scoop out the ice cream and stuff herself.

“This is ridiculous!” Twilight shouted in outrage, “I can’t believe they would kick Rarity out over Spike!”

Spike averted his gaze downward as he heard this. Doubt began to creep into his heart.

Twilight stood in thought for a moment as she tried to ponder on how to handle the situation. After a brief moment of thinking while venting some of her anger, she approached Rarity. “Rarity we must-“

“Leave me be!” Rarity cried as she took in another scoop of ice cream. “My whole career is doomed! Everything I created was for NOTHING!”

At first, Twilight was caught off guard by Rarity’s words. However, Twilight was not about to let her friend go down without a fight. Using her magic, she tore the tub of ice cream from Rarity’s grasp.

“My Oat Swirl!” Rarity cried in surprise as she watched her ice cream being tossed to a corner of the room.

“That’s enough, Rarity!” Twilight regretted having to be strict with her friend, but she knew she had grab Rarity’s attention. Twilight then walked over and sat at Rarity’s side. She then placed two reassuring hooves on Rarity’s shoulders. “I know this is hard. But I want you to finish that wedding dress,” Twilight said in a calm, yet firm tone.

“But…” Rarity whimpered.

“Rarity! You are not going to get your career back by sitting around and eating ice cream!” Twilight continued.

Rarity took a moment to gaze at the tub of ice cream that was spilled in the corner of the room. Her eyes then moved back to Twilight’s.

“You’ve been in this situation before and you’ve pulled through. You can do it again,” Twilight encouraged, “You’ve always brightened other ponies’ lives with your dresses. Show them that magic. Let other ponies see the gifts you can give them.”

Rarity took a moment to consider her options. She admitted that failing to impress the masses would mean her career in Canterlot would be over. But if she did nothing, the gossip would still persist and her career would still be over. This only left one option if she wanted to keep her career – She had to try. “You’re right, Twilight. I…I will create the best lineup.”

Twilight smiled at Rarity’s renewed confidence.

Rarity’s figure then slumped the next moment. “I just need to figure out what it will be.”

“I’m sure you can come up with something,” Twilight replied. She then got up and walked to the wedding dress. “For now, why don’t you start with this,” Twilight said as she levitated the mannequin close to Rarity.

Rarity examined the dress for a moment before looking to Twilight with a hesitant smile. “All right. I’ll do what I can.”

Twilight nodded before turning to her assistant. “Spike. I want you to stay with Rarity and help her anyway you can. She’ll need you to help support her,” Twilight encouraged.

Spike hesitantly nodded his approval.

“I would like to help out as well,” Sassy offered, “Rarity is my friend after all.”

Twilight smiled at Sassy. “I think Rarity can use all the help she can get.” Twilight then started to make her way to the front door.

“What about you?” Spike asked, “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to send a letter to Princess Celestia,” Twilight responded as she opened the front door, “If this fashion show is in Canterlot, then she’ll be attending as a guest of honor, right?”

“That’s true,” Sassy replied, “But it’s a privately run event.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Twilight said as she proceeded out the door, “I’m sure she can knock some sense into those committee members when she hears about what’s happening.” As she stood outside, Twilight took one final glance at everyone. “Just help Rarity finish that dress,” Twilight then closed the door and was gone.

As Twilight disappeared, Spike and Sassy focused their attention on Rarity.

Rarity could see all eyes were on her now. Letting out a deep sigh, she then looked to the wedding dress. “I guess we better get started,” she then looked to her manager. “Sassy. I’ll need some of that white silk over there. Can you please fetch it?”

Sassy nodded and proceeded over to the shelf.

“Spike. Can you clean up that tub of ice cream in the corner there,” Rarity asked.

Spike nodded. “I’m on it.”

Rarity then examined the wedding dress and created a mental list of what still needed to be done. “Right. Let’s get started,” she said with a heavy sigh.



To Be Continued…

Author's Note:

Preview: It will be “Spike’s Choice” on whether to bring Rarity happiness or allow her to keep her dream. But will he make the right decision? Which is more important: Love or Happiness. Should he let her go or hold onto her? It may be that all hope is lost…

:rainbowderp: “That bad, huh.”

Or maybe a single ray of hope exists. A surprising event will occur that will send Twilight and her friends into shock.

:applejackunsure: “Your right! I don’t believe it!"