• Published 4th Jan 2024
  • 482 Views, 7 Comments

The Mechanical Terror (Ultrakill Crossover) - LocalMedicMain

  • ...
1
 7
 482

Prelude

The dripping of blood echoes through the chamber.Gabriel falls on one knee, trembling as his angelic essence softly leaves through his now cracked helmet. V1 closes the distance to Gabriel. Looking down at him. Gabriel lifts his head slightly, looking towards the now victorious machine. However despite being beaten, Gabriel smiles, seeing the machines's broken armour and the it's formidable arsenal Molten from his attacks on the ground. Only the revolver scratched and battered but still remaining in V1's hand.

Gabriel chuckles slightly "I never thought I'd be kneeling like this to the likes of you... Hahaha... I suppose you earned it." The fallen angel looks up at V1 with respect. "We aren't so different, you and I... We were abandoned by our creators. Left to rust and rot." Gabriel's head falls as he coughs up blood. His broken helmet leaking more and more of his essence. "But I know you aren't here for that... I know you want my blood. So strike me down machine, end me." Gabriel lets his head fully fall and closes his eyes accepting his fate.

V1 looks down at the defeated supreme angel with no emotion. Though sparks occasionally fly from V1's severed wires. The machine raises the revolver in it's hands. In a flash of blue, Gabriel lets out a mighty scream as his body shatters blood spraying on V1's armour. Gabriel's body fades away leaving his armour cracked and destroyed. The red door behind V1 lights up with yellow lights as the last layer of hell is finished off. V1 turns to face it. A small inquiry forming in the machine's inner processors. "No new layers of hell in database, current situation defying expected results. Investigate"

As V1's shattered camera focuses on the doorway. It notices the odd light blueish interior. A white terminal placed at the centre of the small room. This is unlike any of the other rooms V1 has seen. The machine approaches the Terminal. The terminal had only one sentence displayed on it. "Continue. Y/N." V1 hesitates for the first time in it's robotic life, looking through it's memory to determine what "continue" in this sense could possibly mean, contemplating it's options of staying or continuing with whatever this Terminal is offering to it. If the machine were to stay it would die from a lack of blood, but if it took this risk, it might find more blood to sustain itself. Calculating that the risk is minimal due to the terminals being a trusted source of weapons in the past.

V1 presses Y with it's mangled right arm. The Terminal whirls to life. Several mechanical protrusions coming out from the room to generate a light blue portal. V1 attempts to see through it but it's completely opaque. There's only one way forward. The machine looks back at hell one last time, back at the journey it took, the husks, demons, machines and angels it ruthlessly killed on it's way here. V1 turns his back to it all, and plunges through the portal.


Two royal guards roam the halls of the crystal empire at night. To pass the near endless time they have, one of the guards decide to go make small talk. "So... Are things going well back home?" The second guard glares at the other. "I would know if you didn't make that stupid bet with princess cadance." The first guard pouts. "Come'on Scarlet. Give me a break. I couldn't possibly known she'd do this!" Scarlet glares back unamused. "Steel, look at me." Scarlet forces Steel to look at her "What did you think would happen if you made a bet that shipped 2 people together against THE Princess of love?!" Steel bites his tongue. "Umm... That she wouldn't cheat with her alicorn powers?" Scarlet face hoofs "you're so stupid. And you decided to include me too?! unbelievable..."


Steel sighs "okay, okay, it's my fault. How about we get pizza tomorrow? On me" Scarlet let's a smile crawl up on her face. "Triple it and add soda." Steel defeatedly groans. "Ugh... Fine. But that'll definitely leave a dent on my wallet... Hope you're happy" Scarlet snickers slightly. "Darn right I am. Anyway, enough chit chat. We gotta keep patroling. Next we gotta check the storage room." Steel raises an eyebrow "that old dusty room? What do you think you'll find in there? Rats?" Scarlet rolls her eyes. "Probably, but we have to check. Now come'on bud, just a couple floors up."


V1 slips through the portal, the machine's angular foot resting on the stone floor. V1 takes a look around the dusty room finding nothing but old boxes and tools, recognizing it as some sort of small scale warehouse. V1 looks back at the portal behind it. only to be met by a reflection of itself. The machine looks at it hard. Observing the many faults in his hardware, two "wings" clipped off from it's eight, the camera lens shattered creating a spider web in the machine's view, The machine's armour shattered letting anyone see the inner workings of the machine.

While V1 was in this storeroom, it looks inside the boxes. V1 finds ancient artifacts that it ignores and throws to the wayside but after eventually coming upon a few rods of metal, finding it suitable, the machine stops it's work and picks it up. Bending the steel in it's charred arms with ease. V1 looks over the bent steel rods and fits them to it's missing two wings. The machine takes out it's revolver charging it in it's hands and using the gun as a makeshift welder. The hot plasma on the tip of the revolver working excellently. Once done V1 looks over it's new steel wings. Though it lacks the distinct yellow lights, the blue metal or the ability to hold weapons. it's enough to rebalance it's chassis and that's all the machine needs.


Scarlet taps her foot impatiently at the top of the stairs. "Steel, you slowpoke get up here!" Steel climbs up the stairs panting and sweating from his brow. "It's not my fault, you can just fly up here." Scarlet sticks her tongue out. "Oh? And where's that earth pony endurance you kept bragging about?" Steel grumbles under his breath. "Ugh, can we just get this night patrol over with? You said we had to check only this storage room right?"

Scarlet looks down the hall. "Yeah, just one more room left" taffe looks back at steel. "Come'on, after this you could get your beauty sleep." Steel gets was going to retort but looks across the hallway and gets odd chills up his back looking at the door. "That hall.... it looks kinda creepy." Scarlet jokingly smirks at Steel. "it's just a storage room from a thousand others in the damned castle. It's not like it's haunted. Don't tell me your superstitious, Steely?" Steel shakes his head and gives in. "Ugh.... Fine... Lead the way and... Don't call me steely." Scarlet chuckles "whatever suits you." Scarlet walls up to the door and unlocks it with her golden key, opening it with her hoof. She steps inside and looks around before looking back at steel. "See? Everything's fin-"

Scarlet's sentence is cut off as the sound of gun being fired echoes the hall. Brain matter and blood splatters on Steel, colouring his grey mane and coat deep red and causing him to back up. Steel looks at scarlet's once friendly face that he knew since boot camp, now a bloody mess. He could see Her tongue dangling on a few remaining fibres of muscle, brain matter slowly falling onto the floor like sloppy mud. Blood dripping from Scarlet's body as it stays upright for a few seconds before leaning forward and slumping on the ground. Steel looks down at his friend's body with fear and tears in his eyes.

Steel sees a machine step into the light. It's metal rusted and charred. The machine pays him no attention instead kneeling down to his now dead friend, grabbing a handful of blood and wiping it on itself. Steel manages to break out of his shock, his training kicking in as he unstraps his spear from his side holding it Infront of him. Trying to threaten the machine Infront of him. "Y-you! Whatever you are! Surrender!" Steel's words faked confidence that he did not have, in reality, the royal guard was quacking in his boots in fear at the metal beast Infront of him that is seemingly drinking the blood of his friend.


V1 finishes drinking the blood of it's latest prey. It's much more potent then blood it found in hell. The machine hears the other equine Infront of him, the pony pointing at him with a spear. V1 stands up after making sure to empty the body of any fresh blood. The machine looks at the pitiful spear pointed at it's chest. V1 uses it's red arm to grab the spear and send a shotgun blast towards the equine. The spear shatters in the blast and the pony hits the wall bleeding from all over. Falling flat against the wall.

V1 steps up closer, scanning the body for any useful resources. The machine detects the strange alloy of the armour the guard is wearing. It detects gold and steel but something else as well. V1 considers this alloy's tensile strength similar enough to it's own to replace it's lost armour. V1 rips pieces of the armour from the pony. Straightening it out like a blanket and shaping into the shape of it's damaged armour plates. The machine unbolts some of it's armour, replacing it with gold alloy. V1 looks over the remaining bits of unused armour on the equine. Finding a small blue crystal shaped into a star on the guard's chest. The machine tears it off and observes it. Finding it's transparency and focal point a good replacement for it's shattered lens.

V1 grabs the tip of the guard's broken spear using it to shape the crystal into a small transparent blue lens. The machine pulls out it's old lens replacing it with blue lenses. The yellow light of the camera now a light bluish. V1 observes the world with it's new lenses finding it adequate. V1 stands up having fully repaired it's broken body. The machine walks down the hall with it's gun, to find more potent blood for itself in this new world.

Author's Note:

Since ultrakill isn't a finished game, I just put in my best guess. I might change this first chapter when the final game is released and the ending is shown. But otherwise this will stay. And yes I did destroy most of V1's arsenal on purpose. Atleast at the beginning to give the ponies a chance to react and develop a solution, Because if I kept them I doubt a whole army could stop V1. Also instead being solely able to repair off blood I decided it'd be better if V1 was more like a scavenger but able to use blood in fights to sustain itself at full efficiency even when damaged.