• Published 15th Dec 2023
  • 442 Views, 40 Comments

Crisis of Infinite Trixies - Rixizu



A mysterious evil force is trying to destroy all Trixies across all the multiverse. It's up to a ragtag group of Trixies to stop them.

  • ...
2
 40
 442

Contradictory Selves - Chapter 5

“Get away!” Dame Trixie Lulamoon, the student of Princess Luna, cried as she kicked at dozens of her neighbors. Each thirsted for her blood, chanting how much they despised her and wished her dead.

“You’re a useless drunkard!”

“You never take out the trash on the right day!”

She winced as a blow knocked a tooth out of a mare she’d often seen at the market. But the mare barely noticed, too busy trying to choke Representative Trixie with her cape. After some frantic grasping, she freed the garment and fled further into her house.

In the insanity of everything, she’d lost track of her counterparts. Despite the trouble they’d suddenly introduced into her life, Representative Trixie prayed they were safe. Except for the Trixie who called herself the Goddess of Mischief, she could rot for all she cared.

Panting, she slammed the door of her bedroom behind her, jolting as dozens of ponies slammed into it. They rocked against the door harder, but it held solid for the moment. Representative Trixie’s eyes widened as she noticed a free window the crazed Ponyvillians might use to break inside. With a grunt of effort, she used her telekinesis to lay her bed against the window, spilling her blanket and pillows across the carpeted floor. It cast the room into darkness, only a smidgen of light peeked past the makeshift barricade.

She paused as she realized something, unnerved by its lack of presence. Nopony was hammering against her door anymore. Whatever that meant, it couldn’t be good.

“I’m so screwed!” Representative Trixie hissed in utter despair, putting her hoof into her face. “They must be rushing for a battering ram!”

“Yeppers! Seems pretty bad!” A chirpy voice said, making Representative Trixie’s jump.

“Pinkie!” Representative Trixie said, backing away. Through the dim light, she could just glimpse the pink mare. While the confectionery maker’s face wore her trademark smile, it lacked happiness or warmth, making an icicle of fear stab through Representative Trixie’s spine.

“That’s me! Gee, Trixie! It seems you aren’t a very popular pony at the moment.” Pinkie said, her unnerving smile widening further. “But don’t worry, I’m here for you!”

“R-really?” Representative Trixie’s voice shook, her hooves trembling.

“Sure, that means we can have a private party all to ourselves! One where I torture you for days on end! Doesn’t that sound fun?”

“Please, don’t do this! This isn’t you, Pinkie!” With dozens of ponies out for her blood outside her door and the only other escape route blocked, Representative Trixie had no escape.

“No, I’ve always wanted to do this! I’ve always disliked how you often avoid my parties and brush off my invitations! It’s super rude. I can tell, deep down, you despise me and, worst still, my parties!”

Before she could resist, Representative Trixie gasped as a hoof slammed against her, knocking her own, and her head jolted against the ground. Her eyes widened as metal clasps snapped closed around her legs, trapping her against a wooden board. What the hay? Where did that come from? A torture rack hadn’t been in her room before! Try as she might, Representative Trixie couldn’t make her restraints budge, leaving her to Pinkie Pie’s heartless mercy.

“No, please!” Tears stained her eyes, wanting this horrible nightmare to end. And she was alone, knowing by instinct that neither her friends nor her mentor would arrive in time to save her skin.

“And now, time for your punishment for not liking my parties!” Pinkie said, eyes glowing red with malevolence.

“No!”

Something rubbed against her belly, twisting Representative Trixie’s face in discomfort. It wiggled against her harder, weakening Representative Trixie’s resolve to fight against it. Inevitably, the once proud student of Princess Luna cracked, succumbing to the torture.

“Hahaha, hahaha!” Her lungs hurt as the laughter escaped her mouth, her legs snapping against her restraints. “Please, stop it! I’m ticklish!”

“Coochie coo!” Pinkie said, waving the feather in her mouth harder.

“No more, please!” Representative Trixie said through fits of laughter.

“What are you doing?” A familiar voice said, slamming the door to Trixie’s room open. Representative Trixie was too busy laughing to notice her arch-nemesis entering the room.

“Like you said, torturing Trixie!” Pinkie said, beaming, not letting up on the tickle torture.

“No! You’re supposed to hurt her! Make her suffer!” Antithesis said, an eye twitching. “Don’t you want to cut her to pieces with a knife, slicing her up piece by piece? Then wear her cutie mark as a trophy, bathing in that hateable mare’s blood?”

“Nah, that’s mean! And that’s a terrible fashion faux pas.” Pinkie replied. “This is way more fitting!”

“Fitting?!” Frustrated beyond words, Antithesis put a hoof against her forehead. “Stupid mare! Why aren’t you more murderous? Don’t you hate this mare in the depths of your heart?!”

“Not really! Trixie’s more annoying than anything.”

“Ha! So much for your “Hate it, Kill it” spell!” Representative Trixie said, jumping on this opportunity to turn the tables on her enemy. “Pinkie’s too strong-willed to be corrupted by your magic!” Or something like that. Who knew what happened in Pinkie’s unique brain?

In response, the anti-pony glared at her smug captive. It was a minor victory, but Representative Trixie would take it! She grunted in pain as Antithesis jabbed a sudden punch in her ribs.

“Ouch,” Trixie said, hissing with pain.

“That’s better. I like it when that ugly muzzle of yours twists in pain!”

“One you share!” Representative Trixie shot back, not giving an inch. She refused to die a helpless victim.

“Fine. If Pinkie can’t torture you, then I will throw you to the mob to be torn apart!” Hate and malice glinted in Antithesis’s mismatched eyes. “And you can’t run away or use your illusions to hide.”

Her heart skipped a beat as Antithesis lifted Representative Trixie, torture rack and all in the air with her magic, lifting it to the waiting and hungry citizens of Ponyville. They laughed and mocked her as she approached, telling the Night Court Representative how much they despised her.

“You leave terrible tips!”

“You ignored me when I ask you out! You didn’t even let me down softly!!”

“You’ve brought nothing but trouble since you’ve gotten here! Made my Apple Trust a laughingstock,” Applejack cried, taking center stage. “You ruined my reputation, made me the most despised pony in Ponyville. And it wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t taught Carrot Top the wrong lesions. You corrupted her! Made her into just another troublemaker like yourself!”

“Lies” Representative Trixie snarled back, making her accuser flinch in shocked surprise. Representative Trixie could handle the insults and the hate, but nopony badmouthed her friends, ever. “She’s a better pony now, a stronger pony. You understand nothing! You only care about your ridiculous Apple Trust, never the ponies you crush underhoof! Carrot’s gained conference! Gotten tougher! When I first met her, she was a shy doormat, too scared to open her own carrot stand on the Longest Night for fear of making you angry, Applejack! Now she’s a trusted community leader, beloved for her honesty and generosity. I’m proud of what Carrot Top’s become. She’s become everything you’re not, Applejack, a true leader!”

“I…” Applejack staggered back, unsettled by Representative Trixie’s scathing rebuke.

“Tsk. Still have some fight, I see.” Antithesis said, annoyed.

“And you’re just an empty pony, Antithesis! Devoid of love or friendship. You’re nothing, you have nothing! A pony without a heart, only hate. How empty! How pointless! Killing me won’t make you happy. It’ll only make your life more pointless than it already is!”

“You!” Representative Trixie’s jaw stung as Antithesis slapped her hard enough to make her skull rattle. But Representative Trixie only smirked back, refusing to be cowed. This cornered animal refused to die so easily.

“I’m going to enjoy this!” Antithesis said, raising a hoof to hurt the target of her hatred further. But anti-pony never got the chance, as the Representative bedroom’s roof shattered to splinters.

“Fear not, Trixie! We are here to rescue you!” A familiar imperial voice said. Flying high above them was Princess Luna, with the human Trixie riding on her back. Floating in her aura was the Goddess of Mischief’s odd staff, still broken in half.

“Thank goodness!” Representative Trixie said, more than grateful. She was, however, a little annoyed about her house getting even further damaged. A certain royal princess would have to hoof the bill for sure.

“Argh! More annoying interruptions! Can’t a pony torture their most hated foe in peace!” Antithesis said, stomping a hoof like a foal denied a good Hearth’s Warming gift.

“Pony?” Princess Luna snorted. “You hardly qualify as one. You’re only a collection of twisted, negative energy brought to life when the Element of Magic got damaged.”

“I still deserve to live! I think, therefore, I am!” Antithesis glared at the alicorn hovering above her. “And I’ll burn down half of Equestria before I give up my life again!”

“All the more reason to eliminate you, Antithesis,” Luna said, her voice cold. “I won’t fall for your tricks like last time.”

“It’s a good thing I’ve brought friends.” The anti-pony said with a sly grin on her muzzle. “Everypony! Destroy this nuisance.”

Representative Trixie tensed as the corrupted Ponyvillians directed their insane ire at their princess. Luna, however, seemed unbothered by this threat. Did she have some clever trick ready?

“Uh oh. Itchy back-right hoof!” Pinkie said

“Fear not, my student.” Princess Luna said, levitating her broken staff high. Her eyes glowed white, blazing with power. “With this, I can save the citizens of Ponyville from Antithesis’s vile, corrupted magic.”

“Now I…” Before the Princess of the Night could finish, she recoiled as a whipped cream pie struck her in the face.

“Bullseye! My Pinkie Sense told me you were about to unleash cleaning magic from that doohickey!” Pinkie said, bouncing in delight.

The rabid Ponyvillians didn’t waste time swarming the princess. A lasso snatched around Luna’s neck, pulling her to the earth. Dozens of ponies leaped at her, Luna’s eyes widening in pain as they dragged her under them. The human Trixie yelped as she tumbled off her steed’s back, frantically fighting off any of the ponies that hadn’t already attacked the princess.

“I don’t want to hurt you, but to save my student, I must. Forgive me, my little ponies!” Ponies screamed as magic violently threw them aside. But Luna hardly noticed, her head searching around the room. “The staff. Where is it?”

“Over there!” Representative Trixie said, gesturing at a far corner where it’d fallen.

“Thank you.” But before Princess Luna could grab it, a pinkie figure blocked her path.

“Sorry, Princess, but I’m evil now! That means we need to fight! No hard feelings, okay?” Pinkie Pie said.

“Stand aside, young mare. I have no wish to harm you.” Luna said, confused by the party pony's odd behavior.

The baker and Ponyville’s resident party pony responded with a burst of fire from her party cannon. Surprised, Princess Luna cracked a nearby wall from the impact.

“You know, I’m starting to wonder if it’d be more prudent to live in an apartment.” Representative Trixie said dryly. She watched as the two titans engaged each other, neither giving an inch. Pinkie Pie was surprisingly nimble, just keeping ahead of Luna’s assault. Pies flew like crossbow bolts, peppering the princess and keeping her distracted.

“What fun!” Antithesis said, clapping her hooves together. “Poor Princess Luna, having to destroy the ponies she’d sworn to protect. And just to save the hide of her worthless student!”

“You’re a real jerk, you know that?” But the quip was reactive, Representative Trixie’s mind wandering to other topics, like how to retrieve the Goddess of Mischief's staff.

But the bonds Pinkie used to restrain her were tougher to break free than Representative Trixie had expected. She refused to surrender, using every trick to slip her legs free.

I knew I should have paid more attention to those escape artist lesions! Representative Trixie flinched as a randomly thrown pie struck her in the face, making a mess of her torture rack. And, she realized, her blinds!

Her horn glowing bright, she levitated the pie pieces to the chains binding her. While it made her a complete mess, the slimy custard made slipping through her restraints much easier. She gave an inward shout of triumph as she finally got a hoof free.

“What do you think you’re doing?” An irate Antithesis said, looming over her. Representative Trixie responded by decking the horrible, vile mare in the face. Not expecting this, Antithesis took the hard blow to the chin.

“That’s for punching me earlier!” Representative Trixie said as she worked to free her other legs. In seconds, she was free and ready to fight to save her mentor and friends.

And not too soon! Both Applejack and Pinkie Pie were ganging up on Princess Luna, the farmer pony using her rope to hogtie her while the baker stunned her with confetti explosions. It was a little surreal.

“Don’t worry, Princess! I’m coming!” Applejack yelped as a block of shattered wood smacked her on the back of her head. While Representative Trixie’s telekinesis was subpar, it could pack a punch when necessary.

“Ouch! Interfering busybody!” Applejack said, redirecting her ire at Representative Trixie.

“Don’t worry about me!” Princess Luna said, squatting at Pinkie. “Get the staff! It can fix this mess!”

“Okay.” She remembered its odd powers when the Goddess of Mischief had used it to defend herself, breaking Antithesis’s brainwashing with ease.

“You mean this?” Antithesis said, holding the Goddess of Mischief’s staff. Her eyes widened as her hoof touched the gem on the top. “I-incredible! With this, I could descend the entire world into bloody chaos! Nothing could stop me! I’d be the Goddess of Hate! The Goddess of Anti-Friendship!”

A sly smile crossed Antithesis’s muzzle as she eyed Princess Luna. Genuine fear flashed in her mentor’s eyes. “And how about I start with you, Princess? How about you tell your little student your true feelings?”

“No!” A beam shot from the broken staff’s gem, striking Luna in the forehead. She clutched at her head, eyes blazing the color of blood. “No! I must not! Must resist!” But it proved fruitless, the princess's expression twisting into a blind, euphoric hatred.

“No. I was wrong. This feels good! I’m finally free! Free to be myself!” A maniac, half-crazed laugh escaped Luna’s lips. An odd physical change overcame the princess, her fur turning crimson red. Even her mane had developed a red tint to it. “Free to spite this horrible nation that’s only caused me to suffer! It’s Equestria’s fault I lost my dear sister! It drove her to madness! And now it must be destroyed!”

“Oops! Might have overdone it a tad. That stone was tougher to control than I thought.” Antithesis sagged, her face becoming haggard. The anti-pony breathed hard, like she’d run three consecutive marathons. “Oh well! I love the new change, princess. It’s totally you! Have fun dealing with this, Trixie!”

However, before Antithesis could teleport away, an unseen Human Trixie smacked the mare across the head with a brick, dazing her.

“I’m taking that, thank you!” The biped said, ripping the staff from the anti-pony’s grasp.

“Hey! You can’t!” But Antithesis never finished her protest, taking another brick across the forehead, knocking her out cold.

That was one problem dealt with. The worst, however, was yet to come. The corrupted Luna took to the air, laughing all the while. “And now, Equestria shall burn!”