• ...
 5
 249

#1-One Last Stall Call

In the city of Canterlot City in Canterlot High, students are back in school after summer break.

"Well, everyone I know most of you are bummed to be back at school." The English Teacher Mr. McCall said.

"Well so am I! 500 word essay. What you did on summer break? Go," He said having most students groan.

"Who gives a essay on the first week back at school," Rainbow Dash said quietly.

"McCall do," Applejack replied as the girls started to write.

I'm Sunset Shimmer and these are my friends, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle. We mostly had the same summer doing typical summer stuff but for it was different. And you might be asking how different? Well it started likes this....

It was about a week ago, I was heading home after hangout with my friends on the beach. Once I came home, I found a black box sitting on the table and it was glowing and next to it was a note. I read the note saying that I'm the Phoenix Knight. After reading it, I opened the box and inside was a red-orange blade embed with the mark of The Phoenix.

I spoke with Princess Twilight about this. According to her, there's was old legend about that the Phoenix Knight has protected Canterlot City for over 1,000 years, only few people know about it. It's been a long time since then the Phoenix Knight came back. When I ask why did it chose me, she told me that I came a better person by allowing to have true friendship in my soul. However I can't tell anyone about this, not even my friends which kind of stinks.

"Penicils down!" Mr. McCall announces grabbing the papers from the students then bell ringed making the students leave.


Outside the halls, Garble and his gang were picking on students as the girls were at their lockers.

"It's been almost two weeks since we came back to Canterlot High, and frankly no one has seen this Phoenix Knight dudette," Rainbow groaned.

"Rainbow, are you even sure she's even real?" Twilight asked her. "This is the first time in over 50 years that he's came back. Plus, there has to be some monster or robot to attack the school."

"Besides, is not like she can come out for a meet and greet," Rarity added.

"Or maybe she can." Sunset thought to herself as the head to their next class.


At the center of the city is Drake Industries, owned by Darius Drake, the richest man in the word. By his side is his scientific assistant, Roland Densen. Both of them were talking to a what appears to be a man with a black-robe projected by a chamber.

"You promise me, you would destroyed the Phoenix Knight!" He said with bitterly.

"But haven't seen her all summer. Have you seen him, Roland?" Drake asked him.

"I haven't seen her, I mean after all it's been over 50 years since any of us had seen her," Roland thought about it.

"The moment she show her face... BAM!" He slams his hands together. "Destroyed!"

The black robe man roared, shaking the office briefly.

"Do... not... fail... me!" And with that warning, he disappears.

Both stand in silence until the phone rings, starling both of them. Drake picks it up.

"Mr. Drake, your wife is on the phone."

He grabs and hold to his ear.

"Hey sweetie! I'm in the middle of something... Of course, I'll see you there, my love muffin!" Then Drake slams the phone back in place letting a groan. "How can run a secret evil empire when my own stepson keeps getting into troubled at SCHOOL!"

"Kids, today."

"Just get in down in your lab, build me something dangerous and something deadly so it destroy that knight!" He screamed as he actually punch the phone and the phone gets smashed on the wall.

"Got it."


At Canterlot High, it was lunchtime and the girls were at the table eating as Pinkie sat down with them.

"Wasn't Sunset just here, what happen to her?" Pinkie asked.

"She went to powder her nose," Rarity told her as is was girl talk for 'go to the bathroom.'

"Boom!"

A red puff of steam appears right next to girls revealing Sunset in a red and orange suit giving more of a female look with orange-mask conceal her identity and everyone stopped what they were doing and gasped.

"Hello, students of Canterlot High! Tis, I the Phoenix Knight!" She shouted as the students gathers around her.

"Well I'll be duped, she's here," Both Twilight and Applejack were lost of words.

"I can't believe, Sunset's missing this," Rainbow said.


At the principal office. Darius Drake, his wife Sarah Drake and his stepson, Garble are sitting across from Principal Celestia.

"With the first two days at school alone, Garble has given 100 wedgies, 32 swirlies. and a diaper stink bowl," Celestia said.

"Is that even a real thing?" Drake asked.

She turns her laptop around and the sight cause both parents to cringe.

"Great potatoes!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Heck yeah!" Garble pumped his fist.

"Oh, Principal Celestia, I just don't believe that my Garble would ever do anything like that," Sarah said in disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm being framed!" Garble accused her.

"Sister, the Phoenix Knight is the cafeteria!" Vice-Principal Luna said heading out of the office, then a flock of students followed.

"She's here! I need sign an autograph," Celestia said as Drake gritted his teeth of hearing the name. "It's only the first week, so, I'll let Garble off with a warning."

She runs out of the office, follow by Garble.

"Scott free, baby!" As he left the two parents alone.

"Go ahead," Sarah told him. "If don't destroy the Phoenix Knight, you'll talk about on the ride home."

"And that's why love you," Drake gave her a kiss on the check and headed out of the office.

At Drake Industries, the phone as Roland was working he sighed and answered it.

"Drake Industries, genius master mind, Roland speaking."

"The Knight is at the school. Right now! Release the... what's it's called?!"

"It's called, Grinder."

"Release the Grinder!"

Roland shock to life with a taser.

"Go forth, my creation, and destroy the Knight!" Roland shouted as Grinder shouts in his face. "Oh she's about yay high, red and orange armor. you can't miss her."

Grinder roars again before running towards the making a giant hole.

Back at the school...

"Now, most of you know that I must be prepared for any all situations. Oh, and tip the lunch ladies. Catch you later!" Phoenix Knight said preparing to leave.

Just she was about to leave, Grinder deicides to storm the place and sending the students into a panic.

"Yes, destroy!" Drake shouts from his hiding place.

"Well that just happen, my first monster fight."

She flips off the table and lands right next him.

"Get ready to get your backside..."

Grinder punches her through the wall.

"Sunset, what are you doing? The Phoenix Knight's is here and she getting crushed," Rainbow texted to Sunset.

She crashed into a row of lockers before Phoenix hears her phone beeped. She takes her phone and reads the message.

"Oh. come on, can you give me a break, it's my first time doing this," Phoenix Knight said.

The Grinder appears from behind and snarls at her. Phoenix Knight flips into the air then punches it in the jaw then sweep kick it, knocking to floor. The Grinder gets back up and punches her in the face sending down a flight of stairs.

"Yeah, I getting my butt handed to me," She groaned before heading to the showers and hid in the one of the stalls.

The Grinder crashed through it and begin punching the stall one at time until he finally the one the Phoenix Knight was hiding.

"If you think that was hiding from you, then sadly mistaken."

Before he could beat her up, Phoenix Knight bashed him on the head leaving him unconscious and leaps over him and her fire a beam from her hand to laced the door shut it.

"That should hold him for the time being, as I'm late for class!" Phoenix Knight said as she change out her suit and head to her class and next to Rainbow Dash.

"What the heck, happen to you, Sunset!?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"I was powdering my nose, as I think I make a bad call on the meatloaf," Sunset told her.

"Whatever, you missed Phoenix Knight, and between us, she got her butt kicked."

"Well, it's been long... she' probably getting the rust off," Sunset said.

Sometime later...

"Well, it's been fun, but I got to go," Sunset said as prepare to leave as we approach the end of school. "Looks I'll see the Phoenix Knight some other time."

"You won't have to do," Pinkie said. "Turns, she locked the monsters the basement showers, so I let it out!"

"YOU DID WHAT!?" All the girls exclaimed.

"Pinkie do, have any idea..." Twilight was about to chew her out until a front of car smashed through the wall. The seven look outside to see Grinder wreaking havoc which made Sunset gulped but it gave her the chance to slip away from them.

Drake runs into the school yard. "Where the heck is that thing!?"

He sees the monster destroy what was left the car.

"There he is!"

"My car!" Mr. Dunlap shouted in horror.

"This is beyond nuts, Pinkie even for you," Rarity said to her as Phoenix Knight appears.

"Stay clear, I'll handle this!" She said. Okay, I can do this! I can kick this freak's butt!

She waved her hand for the monster to come her. She punches all six arms, charging towards her. The monster punches all six arms, charging towards her. Phoenix Knight jumps up and uses one of the arms to lift herself up into the air then did a midair twist and kick him the face. The monster growls and repeatedly tried to punch her but she block them all then kick one of the arms into the face sending it flying to across.

"Who's getting their butt kicked now?!" She asked rhetorically as the students cheered.

Grinder snaps out of it,, an arm growing from its chest.

"It has a secret arm?!" Applejack was shocked.

"That's is so, Roland!" Drake said quietly as Phoenix Knight kicked in its jaw.

"What else does it take to beat it?" Phoenix Knight wondered. "Oh, wait. I forget I had a sword."

With a snap of her fingers her Phoenix Blade appeared. She grabbed it and slice off the extra arm.

"Pretty sword," Pinkie said in awe.

"Okay, let's do this," Phoenix Knight tighten the grip of her blade.

The monster runs to her, but Phoenix Knight swing her blade in circular motion, slicing and dicing it. The arms fall completely off before crumbles to its knees and splits in half.

"Ugh!" Most of the students exclaimed in disgust.

"That was impressive!" Drake said out loud hoping that his cover wasn't blow then walked away.

"Catch you later!" Phoenix Knight said as she disappeared in cloud of smoke.


After a drama filled day at school the girls were at Sugarcube Corner...

"I was wondering why does the Phoenix Knight have to wear a mask?" Fluttershy asked.

"Maybe to hide her true identity if someone knew, it would cause alarms to future enemies," Sunset explain to her.

"Well, identity issues or not it still awesome to see her!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"And that suit of hers is amazing! I got to find out if she's a eight or nine," Rarity implied.