• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 3,713 Views, 58 Comments

The Hybrid - BluePegasusPony



A normal day in Ponyville is about to be disturbed when a strange creature appears from nowhere.

  • ...
5
 58
 3,713

Let the race begin

The Hybrid

It was a sunny day in Ponyville, a couple clouds were dangling in the sky and the birds were singing.
Twilight was on her way to see Applejack and walked through the apple trees.
she looked up in the sky, noticing the clouds and sighed with a smile. "Rainbow Dash is probably taking a nap... again."

When she came closer to Sweet Apple Acres she saw Applejack bucking some trees.
She didn't know that Twilight was standing nex to her "Good morning Applejack."
Just before Applejack kicked the tree she looked up and saw Twilight "Huh? Oh, hello Twi. How ya doing? Still studying?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah well..." Twilight scrached her manes "I have a favor to ask. You see, I've been studying so hard that I need your help a bit." She looked at the orange mare with a shy smile.
Applejack knew where this was going and looked back at Twilight without any emotions "You want me to help cleaning up yer library again, don't you?"

"Hehe... yes. Only if you have the time, of course."
Applejack sighed "Look Twi, Ah really wanna help, but Rainbow and I... well we've gotten ourself into a fight yesterday." Twilight looked up suprised.
"It isn't bad, we only argued a bit." she continued.

Twilight was curious. "Why did you two argue?"
"Oh, nothing important. She was just bragging how wonderful fast she was." Applejack said sarcastic.
Twilight chuckled a bit "That's Rainbow alright. And let me guess, you said you were faster?"
Applejack nodded proudly "Ah sure did."
"So, how did it ended?" Twilight asked with a curious grin.
"Well... we both agreed to race against each other today."

"Again with the physical competition?" Twilight rolled her eyes away.
"Don't worry, sugarcube. We won't hurt ourself. It's just a friendly competition."
"I hope that Rainbow Dash thinks the same. Don't you think she would cheat." Twilight asked.
"Hey, who said I would cheat?" Rainbow Dash was standing behind her. Twilight jumped screaming in the air and landed nex to Applejack

Rainbow Dash laughed hard on the ground "Hahahaha, sorry Twilight, but honestly, you kinda deserved it. Hehehe!"
"Alright, Ah think she had enough for today" Applejack smiled and put her hoof on Twilight's shoulders. She looked at Rainbow Dash getting up. "So, you ready for yer defeat, RD?"

"Hold on a sec. Let's make this silly competition more interesting" Rainbow Dash was looking at Applejack with a grin, but her attention went to Twilight shortly after "You wanna help?"

Twilight stepped back from the two mares "Oh no, do not involve me into this."
"C'mon sweetie, we might need a referee."
Applejack looked back at Rainbow Dash "What ya have in mind?"

"A bet." Rainbow Dash walked around Applejack "If I win, I can have five barrels of cider next cider season, for free."
Applejack looked down and put her hoof on her chin "Hmm. alright." She looked at Rainbow Dash with an evil smile "But if ya lose, ya won't fly for a week."
Rainbow Dash was shocked, her mouth fell open.

"A... a week?" she startled a bit.
"Yes ma'am."
"You mean seven days?"
Applejack nodded again and pointed her hoof at Rainbow Dash to seal the deal.
"But what about the weather? Somepony need to clear the sky.
"Ah'm pretty sure Ponyville has a spare weather captain."
Rainbow Dash started to think "Fine, you're on. Now let's race."

Right before they agreed Applejack pulled back her hoof "Oh, one more thing, if you use your wings during the race you'll lose."
"What, that's not fair. Can I help it that i'm born with these." Rainbow dash showed her wings in anger.

Applejack smiled at the frustraded mare.
Rainbow Dash calmed down "Ok, ok. No wings. I won't need them." With that, they both Hoof-Bumped each other.

"So, where will the race take place?" Applejack asked? "Oh don't worry I have everything planned." Rainbow Dash showed Applejack a piece of paper she hid under her wings.
"This is the route we'll take." she mumbled while holding the map in her mouth.

"Woohoow, that's a race alright." Applejack chuckled when she saw the route, but she noticed a pathway close to some cliffs.
"Don't you think that area is a little bit dangerous, RD?"
"Nah, we'll be just fine." Rainbow Dash said confident.

Twilight was getting a little impatient "Look guys, I realy want to help but I can't play the referee. I need to clean up the library."

"You know, we have a bet." Rainbow Dash droped the map and ignored Twilight "We know where we're going, but we still need a finish line."
Applejack looked at Twilight "Ah know. The first pony reaching Twilight's library wins the race. You can go to yer library, Rainbow and I will arrive there."

"Alright, but if if one of you two dares to break my front door...."
"Yeah, yeah we get the picture."
"We'll be nice." Applejack chuckled. "Would you be so kind to give us the start signal."

"Ah sure, why not. Twilight said and stepped back "Now, you two ready?"
Applejack and Rainbow Dash both took place and waited for Twilight.
"On your marks, get set..." her horn started to glow a bit "and GO."
On the moment Twilight said 'go' she shot a little beam from her horn and the two mares started to run.

Twilight saw them running till they were out of sight, she was standing alone for a moment.
She turned her head, walked back to Ponyville and started to think.
"Maybe Fluttershy wants to help?" she asked herself.


It was crowded in Canterlot, the annual market; 'Canterlot Markt' was again taking place in the main streets. Everypony sold and bought stuff like necklaces, beads, clothes as well as food, some of the items they sold were gems that you can't find easily, making it extremely rare. This is the ideal place for thieves.

Canterlot luckily has the best police corps patrolling the streets. But even tought it isn't easy to catch a thieve in a crowded street.
But the crimes in 'Canterlot Markt' wasn't Princess Celestia's biggest concern. No it was something bigger and it bothered her badly.

She was standing on her royal balcony, watching the view of Equestria when Luna stepped next to her with a big yawn.
"You asked for me, big sis?" Luna was tired of her night duty and yawned again, her hoof covered her mouth this time.
"Yes my dear sister, I'm sorry to awake you but there is something I must tell you right now."
"What's wrong?" Luna asked confused.

Princess Celestia finally looked at Luna "A dark presence is approaching. Something I haven't felt since I was..."
Celestia paused for a moment when she looked into Luna's eyes, she moved her head down with closed eyes "... since I was just a filly."

Luna was suprised. Princess Celestia didn't talk much about her past, especially about her filly years. "It is something I wanted to forget. It's the same dark energy right after you were born. When..."
"Don't say it!" Luna interrupted her big sister angrily as she turned away from her "please, just don't."
A tear rolled up in in Celestia's eye and said with a softly voice "I'm sorry."

The two royal sisters didn't look at each other for a moment. It was Luna who turned her head back to Celestia "So... you think he's back? Is it even possible? I thought that you said he's gone forever."
Celestia didn't wanted to answer that but she couldn't lie about it "Yes I know, but it's him. I don't know how but it's him."

"I don't get it, why can't I sense it."
"You were just an month old when... the incident happened." Celestia had trouble to say it in one line. They stepped to the edge of the balcony and looked at the beautiful landscape, knowing that it would change fast.

Luna sighed deeply "If those stories you told me really happend, then tell me one thing." Princess Celestia waited for Luna's question who still looked over the balcony.
"How do we stop him?"


After half an hour Applejack and Rainbow Dash were still running on an open field. Applejack had still a bad feeling about the cliffs as they approached it.
They were neck and neck, when in the distance suddenly dark clouds covered the sky.

Applejack looked up and panted intensely "Uhm Rainbow, yer sure that it was going to be a beautiful day today?"
The blue pegasus was shocked when she saw the clouds "What in Equestria?"
They both slowed down "The Weather Team hadn't planned this kind of storm in this area. Why didn't they inform me on this?"

Rainbow Dash looked at Applejack with a grin "So we're gonna be a little wet, big deal."
"No Rainbow, the roads on the cliffs are dangerous, it will be slippery."
"But what about our race." Rainbow Dash argued.

The dark clouds came closer to the two ponies, it was moving quickly while the clouds were piling up and making a loud rumbling sound in the sky.
"Okay, Ah know not much about creating storms, but Ah've never seen anything like this. Ya sure it's pegasus made?"
Rainbow Dash was lost for words for a moment "I... well... of course it is. Only Pegasi controls the clouds." she explained while trying to laugh.

“Then how do ya create...” Applejack couldn't finish her sentence when a huge thunderclap interrupted her.
They both jumped in the air from the intense clap.
Applejack quickly laid down on the ground with her hooves covering her eyes.
When she removed her hooves slowly and looked up, she saw Rainbow Dash leaning over her with big a big smile on her face .

“What’s the matter?” Rainbow Dash laughed. “Afraid of a little thunder?”
Applejack was still convinced that there was something else going on “Ya can say what ya want , sugarcube. But that didn't sound like a normal storm to me."
She stood up and looked again into the sky together with Rainbow Dash.

A bright lightningbolt came out of nowhere and hit the ground behind a mountain not far away from them.
The jaws of the two mare dropped down and couldn’t believe their eyes.

“Did... did you see that?” Rainbow Dash asked, but Applejack didn’t respond.
The pegasus was getting excited “Let’s have a closer look."
“Yeah, let’s do that.” Applejack was still shocked by the intense explosion, but when she was back to her positives she said it would be a bad idea.
Rainbow Dash looked at the orange pony with a big evil smile. Applejack began to feel irritated by her “Uuurg... fine. let’s go and take a look.”

The two ponies went where the lightning bolt struck. They were standing on a cliff to see what happened.
"Hmm, the landscape seems alright." Applejack said, she had a clear vision of the area.
She jumped down some rocks to get to the bottom of the mountain. Rainbow Dash flew down and landed right next to her.
"Yeah, only some trees are damaged."

They walked trought the landscape looking around but stopped as fast as they could and gasped for air. There was something lying on the ground.
The two mares jumped into a bush.

“What is that?” Applejack wihspered.
“I don’t know...” Rainbow Dash began to grin and looked at Applejack “not yet I mean.”
“Wha... yer not planning to...”
“Hey, I thought you weren't afraid, are you AJ?”
“Ah’m not afraid of anypony.”
“Then why aren’t you going with me?” Rainbow Dash asked with a teasing smile.
“That thing isn’t a pony” Applejack said quickly.
“Well, I’m not afraid of anything.” Rainbow Dash said “You can stay here if you want to but I’m going to look.”

Rainbow Dash walked out the bush, jumped into the air and flew towards to the unknown creature, she flew a few times over him so she could observe him.
All she saw was that he lying down with his face up.
She noticed that he's wearing clothes. “Why does he wear so many clothes? Huh, he has no fur on his arms or on his face." she thought.

Rainbow Dash landed not far away from him behind a rock. But it didn't take long before she crawled up to him.
She was now standing five hooves away from his head. She looked at his face and saw that his eyes were closed, but she heard him breathing.
She gently poked him with her hoove on his face but stepped back quickly. He didn't respond.

Rainbow Dash looked at Applejack who stil hid in the bushes in the distance.
“Be careful.” Applejack whispered to herself.
Rainbow Dash looked back at the creature and came closer again. She walked next to him like a lion. Slowly she put her hoof on his chest and pushed it gently like she’s trying to wake him up. There was still no response.

Rainbow Dash didn't push him gently anymore “Hey, wake up!” she became frustrated and jumped on his chest to get a closer look of his face. Her nose was almost touching his.
“What in tarnation is she doing?” Applejack couldn't believe it.
"What are you?" Rainbow Dash asked herself.

HEY AJ! Rainbow Dash turned her head and yelled. “I THINK IT’ SAFE!”
Applejack heard her, she slowly walked out the bush but stopped immediately and pointed her hoof at Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow. L... look.”
“WHAT! I CAN’T HEAR YOU!”
But when she heared a grunt she knew what Applejack was saying.

She looked slowly back at him and saw that his eyes where half open.
Rainbow Dash was so shocked that she froze. She didn't move, she only looked him in the eyes with fear when they opened.
Her nose was 4 inches away fom his. Then the creature saw her, he saw a cyan blue pony standing on his chest.
They looked each other deeply in the eyes.
“What the...?” The creature sounded suprised.