• ...
2
 24
 150

#BattleOfTheBrands - Battle of the Brands

Battle of the Brands

Code Word: #BattleOfTheBrands

“Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the one and only Think Tank! In this episode, we’ll be hearing from two major brands out of Canterlot High School! Our hosts will have to decide whether to invest in one of them! The winner gets something very special!” the announcer says as the camera pans over to the hosts of the show, which happens to be three very nondescript business people. All three of them appear to have yellow and red eyes. Their names are glossed over by the announcer as the camera moves to a golden amulet. “This magical amulet goes to the winner of tonight’s show, in addition to a personal branding coach to grow their brand!”

“And now, our first pitch of the evening. This young lady has described herself as Great and Powerful. Her name is Trixie!” the announcer says as a smoke bomb detonates in front of the hosts.

The smoke clears revealing a girl in a purple cape and hat. She flings open her cape, revealing a stylish jumpsuit with sequins.

“Behold! I am the Great and Powerful Trixie! Magician extraordinaire!” she says, lifting one hand and snapping her fingers, a bouquet of flowers appearing out of thin air. She tosses them at one of the hosts. “My act is great! My act is powerful! And so am I!”

The Great and Powerful Trixie twirls around, producing a baton out of her jacket. She taps her hip with it and sparks fly out of the tip of the baton. She flips the baton around and points it up in the air, the sparks zipping into the space above to create snowflakes. She then turns and pulls her hat off her head and yanks a rabbit out of it before bowing.

“So… that’s it?” the first host asks. “Is that all you got?”

“I can do far more than that,” Trixie replies coolly.

“I feel like we need to work on your branding a bit. Great and Powerful? That didn’t exactly feel Great or Powerful,” the middle host says.

“My branding is exactly who I am!” Trixie says. “I am Great and Powerful!”

“Well, personally, I like her,” the third host says. “But I’m on the fence. How can we grow your brand if you win?”

“Trixie shall be a force like the world has never seen if I win,” Trixie says. “Everyone shall know my name! I’ll travel far and wide spreading magic and fun to everyone! It’ll be just like chaos! Fun chaos!”

“Okay well we’ll keep you in mind,” the third host says. “Let’s bring out our other contestant.”

Trixie walks off stage, eyes gleaming at the next set of girls walking out. These girls are dressed in glitz and glam, decked out to the nines in neon jumpsuits. Each one has a wild hairstyle.

“I’m Adagio and we are the Dazzlings, and we’re here to blow your socks off!” the lead girl says, stepping forward. Her puffy orange hair and purple outfit appear to be absolutely stunning. “Hit it girls!”

The three Dazzlings launch into a song with powerful vocals and a rocking high note to cap it off. They finish and grin widely, believing themselves to be the winners.

“First of all, love your energy, but we’ve seen the girl power rock band before,” the middle host says. “What makes the Dazzlings the Dazzlings? What can you do that no other band can?”

“Well, we used to be able to control people with our voices,” the third girl with a large blue ponytail said. “But then we lost our magic gems that allowed us to do that.”

“Sonata, shut up,” Adagio says. “What she means to say is that if we win, we’ll most certainly control everyone with our magical voices with the magic of that amulet. We’ll be the most popular brand in the history of this world!”

“That’s certainly ambitious, for sure,” the first host says before waving the trio off the stage. He turns to the others. “What do you two think?”

“Unsure, but we gotta vote for one of them,” the third host replies. “I did like that Trixie girl, she had good energy too. Very chaotic.”

“The Dazzlings seem quite villainous and ambitious,” the middle host says. “I guess we’re going to have to put it to a vote!”

All three hosts turn towards the page.

Yes. You. You need to vote! Now!

[CHOICE]
> Pick Trixie. (Chaos)

> Pick the Dazzlings. (Villain)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]
“The winner is… Trixie!”

Trixie is ushered on stage once more and handed the amulet. A grin appears on the three hosts' faces as they all merge together into the form of a large dragon-like creature.

“Who… what… I thought this was a game show!” Trixie shouts.

“I mean, it was, and you won, so there is that. Are you ready to go spread your name across the world? It’s going to be so much fun, you and I,” the creature replies with a grin. “Let’s go do some chaos, shall we?”

Trixie thinks for a moment and smiles back.

“Yes… the Great and Powerful Trixie is ready to play some tricks on this world!”

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: VILLAIN]
“The winner is… the Dazzlings!”

The Dazzlings are brought on stage. The amulet appears in Adagio’s hands as it splits into three powerful rubies. Adagio grins and drinks in the power, her eyes glowing.

“Now then,” a rumbling voice says. “You said you planned to dominate this world? Show me that power.”

Adagio looks up at the mismatched creature before her as she starts to sing.

“The Dazzlings are back!”

(+1 page for Villains)

Author's Note:

This came at a time where the project needed to balance the three factions, so I started writing some dumb Chaos vs Villain stories.

This one was mostly based on a dumb Shark Tank style tv show. It was amusing.