• Published 1st Nov 2023
  • 345 Views, 9 Comments

The lost princess - Minagoesmew



A dream that never left her and an epiphany leads rainbow dash to a discovery that changes everything rainbow thought she knew about herself

  • ...
0
 9
 345

Some friendly advice

Twilight sighed as she left her mentor to ruminate in the golden oaks library that she herself called home, it wasn't like she didn't want to be there to support celestia but she knew that her mentor needed time to think, and her friend needed someone there for her, to help her come to terms, and as she arrived at the little cottage on the edge of the everfree forest she could already see the perfect pegasus for the job.


Rainbow sighed as she flopped down onto her bed, grumbling as her legs and wings dangled off the sides now, she curled up to try and get comfortable before her horn knocked against her headboard, the now alicorn glared up at the appendage, then, there was a knock at her door. "Rainbow dash?" Came the small voice of fluttershy.

"Rainbow dash isn't here right now" the alicorn called out, trying to bury herself further into her pillows. The door soon opened.

"Rainbow, please, speak to me?" Fluttershy spoke softly, moving to lay on the bed next to her friend.

"About what? The fact I'm not even rainbow dash, that it's 'Sunlight Heart', good talk" she growled, only to feel a sharp pain in her left wing, leaping out of her bed to find tank there with a smug look.

"Thank you tank, now we can actually talk, rainbow, what's going on with you?, you're not the type to be wallowing in self pity" fluttershy spoke, walking over to her friend.

"That was before i learned the truth, i wasn't even born, i was just.... conjured cause celestia felt lonely!" rainbow dropped onto her haunches, head low. "She didn't even plan on telling me after we freed luna, i wouldn't even know this if i didn't go to twilight!" She sighed "i just- what am i supposed to do about my life now?"

"Well, what you were doing with it before, you're not less because you're not exactly who you thought you were, and nopony will see you much different, at least, i know tank and i don't." The yellow pegasus sat next to her friend, wrapping a wing around rainbows back as tank nuzzled her leg. "And this doesn't erase who you are, you're still the first pony in equestrian history to perform a rainboom, you're still the element of loyalty, still you, you just learned something new about yourself"

Rainbow didn't know what to say, instead nuzzling into her friend as she hugged tank close. "Mo- windy and bow would've probably cheered me on as the best princess the moment they found out" she finally let out with a slight chuckle.

"And I'm sure scootaloo will just see it as more proof you're the coolest pony in equestria" fluttershy added

"As if there was ever any doubt" rainbow smiled "thanks shy, sorry, its just been...... a lot all at once, kinda shouted in celestias face and ran off when i found out"

"Then why don't you talk to her, properly this time, i'll be there for you" fluttershy stood, holding out her hoof for the other mare.

The alicorn smiled, setting tank down before rising. "Thanks, it means a lot" and with that rainbow and fluttershy were off.


Rainbow sighed as she pushed in the door to the library, only barely remembering to duck as to not knock her horn against the doorframe, inside sat celestia, still in the same spot she'd been when rainbow left, she quickly got to her hooves when she noticed rainbow.

"Listen, Sunl-" she was cut off as rainbow raised her hoof.

"Look, im.... sorry for what i said, it was a lot, and i was overwhelmed and i lashed out" rainbow finally said, sitting down near her mother "and its gonna take a while before I'm used to.... this" she gestured at herself "heck, I'm not even sure i want a coronation, it's just- give me time, and I'll come to you when I'm ready" rainbow sighed

"That's.... fair, I'm not one in the position to rush things, just remember, if you need anything, you can come to me"

"I will, thanks" rainbow hugged the larger alicorn

She rose "Now i must be off, i left my court the moment i felt the spell break, i can only imagine the chaos thats been going on since" and then, she reached into a saddlebag rainbow hadn't noticed she'd been wearing "I'd had this made for you, i hope you like it" with that she set down a tiara similar to her own, with a gem the same colour as her eyes before disappearing in a flash.

"Thanks...... mom" rainbow sighed, staring at the tiara, pnly to be broken out of her thoughts by an explosion of confetti and a certain pink pony wrapped around her neck.

"HAPPY LEARNING YOU'RE AN ALICORN DAY!!!!!" Pinkie pie shouted, the library somehow already smothered in confetti, streamers, balloons and rainbow banners.

It looked like the party pony was about to start singing so, in an attempt to save her sanity rainbow shoved her hoof in pinkies mouth "pinkie, please. No singing."

The party pony unwrapped herself from rainbow, sitting down and tilting her head before trying to mumble something through the hoof in her mouth. "Told ya she wouldn't like it" came the voice of applejack from behind her, rainbow hadn't even noticed her other friends arrival.

Pinkie pulled back, removing dashes hoof from her mouth. "Yeah but come on, i threw a party when twilight got her wings, it wouldn't be fair to not throw one for dashie" to emphasize her point she pulled out a photo of the small party pinkie had set up soon after twilights ascension.

"Look- pinkie, i appreciate it, but right now I'm not really in the mood for big parties" rainbow explained.

"Not even for your big birthday bash?" The deflated hair and look the party pony gave her portrayed how devistated she was at that idea, birthdays were her favourite.

"We'll see, we've got a month to go there, or- give or take a week or two, celestia wasn't very clear on how long it took between casting the spell and leaving me on a doorstep" rainbow joked, the effect it had on pinkie was immediate, hair poofing right back up.

"Oh my GOSH! TWO BIRTHDAYS!!?" With that, pinkie rushed off to who knows where to begin planning.

"Ya do realise ya just gave her a golden ticket with that one" applejack spoke, walking up to rainbow.

"Depends on when i was actually born, best case, two straight days of partying, worst, two birthdays" rainbow smirked.

"....so, you're an alicorn, huh? Try out that horn any yet?" Apple jack knocked her hoof against the horn as she spoke.

"Tried, haven't even been able to lift anything with magic yet, not gonna be fun trying to learn that, at least i know how twilight felt when i was teaching her to fly."

"Did somepony say LEARN?" twilight grinned as she finally returned with rarity in tow, the look on her face was one of manic glee and rainbow knew she'd be regretting mentioning learning something in the same town as the shorter alicorn.