• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 644 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King - ponydog127



On Halloween night, our pony heroes must help Shaggy and Scooby-Doo defeat an evil magician from turning the rest of Mystery Incorporated and the world into monsters.

  • ...
 9
 644

At the Goblin Castle/Captured!

The group finally reached the Goblin Graveyard, which was as dark and scary as the group imagined it would be. Finally, the fairies and Night Glow led their friends to a singular grave, right smack dab in the middle of the burial site. “The Goblin Graveyard hides the secret entrance,” Honeybee explained, “but it's only a one-way trip.”

On the grave was a singular triangle button pointed downward, so once they got down there… Sunny, Pipp and Zipp would have to fly everyone back up.

Scooby pushed the button with his paw, and as they expected something to happen, they felt a deep rumble beneath them, causing them to back up. Suddenly, a coffin burst up from the ground, somewhat like an elevator… just spookier. “Express elevator,” Sparkplug declared, “going down!”

The coffin then creaked open, making the group nervous… this wasn’t what they expected when they got to this point-- and it made Scooby so nervous, he grabbed Sparky and darted behind their pony friends, quivering. “Um, on second thought,” Hitch gulped, “maybe we should just take the stairs.”

“Good idea,” Pipp nodded quickly. “This is way too damp, creepy and just... eww!! So, the easy way is okay for me!”

“In you go!” the fairies and Night Glow pushed them into the coffin, much to their dismay… right before the coffin slid down into the dark tunnels leading to the castle.

The group screamed as they tumbled back and forth on the inside of the coffin before the ride finally stopped, allowing them to open the coffin and look around.

They had made it… the castle loomed over them in the dark, making them realize everything just got a lot more real. “Zoinks!” Shaggy gulped. “Like, first floor-- creepy Goblin Castle.”

Scooby whimpered nervously, but Misty found herself taking a deep breath and getting out of the coffin first. “Come on, guys. We made it this far, and we can’t give up,” she said to her friends. “Now all we have to do is find a way in there… somehow.”

XXXXXXXX

As the ponies and their cowardly but loyal friends crept closer to the entrance, they saw a long line of monsters waiting to get inside for the Goblins’ Rave, with the two goblins from before, Glob and Glum, keeping watch at the gate. “Come on. Back up. Knock it off, knock it off,” Glob kept shouting. “You, get a shower-- you stink. You ain't on the list, you ain't getting in.”

This caused Glum to laugh mockingly and wickedly, looking over at his partner with a smirk. “Looosers...” he singsonged. The monsters in line groaned, hissed and growled, and Shaggy knew that desperate times called for seriously desperate measures. “Okay, Scoob,” he said, and pulled out the vials of magic potion the witches gave them before he popped off the corks. “Here goes.”

“Are you sure this is safe?” Zipp asked. “Next time we went on an adventure where witches made a potion, they nearly tried to suck a little girl's life force!”

“Like, it's not like we have much choice, Zipp. We have to try,” Shaggy stated before he handed the other vial to Scooby, and handled his own vial carefully. “Over the lips and past the gums,” he muttered, “look out, stomach-- you’re not gonna like this!”

Hesitantly, he and Scooby drunk the potion, and were enveloped with a blinding light, causing the ponies and Sparky to look away. When the light faded, Shaggy and Scooby had changed into disguises, but… not the disguises they were expecting-- they were now dressed like Daphne and Velma! “Oooooookay,” Zipp blinked. “I didn’t expect that in the slightest.”

“But, if the witches think this will work, we have to trust that,” Sunny told her friend. “Hey… wait a second,” Mystique suddenly realized. “The witches forgot to give us potions for disguises! How are we supposed to go inside after Shaggy and Scoob?”

Misty hadn’t thought about that, until she eyed the boys, then the entrance before getting an idea. “If Shaggy and Scooby can woo the guards long enough, we can sneak in when they’re not looking. And then, once the guards let them inside, we can meet up to look for the scepter.”

Sparky babbled, clapping his tiny dragon paws at the idea and making Scooby and Shaggy giggle. “We can do all that? Cool!” Izzy beamed. “Hey, this is a random on-the-spot idea,” Misty shrugged, “so it’s worth a shot. Okay, guys… Operation ‘Get the Goblin Scepter’ is underway!”

XXXXXXXX

Shaggy and Scooby immediately got in line to get in for the Goblins' Rave, while Pipp, Zipp and Sunny helped everypony else climb up the castle so they could stealthily sneak inside. Once they were close enough, Shaggy laughed in a high pitched voice to get their attention. “Hello, boys!”

“Huh?!” Glob and Glum became shocked when they saw Shaggy and Scooby strut their way up the stairs, the monsters letting them through. “Hello!” Scooby greeted with a high pitched voice, giggling sheepishly. And like Shaggy and Scooby expected, the two goblins went ga-ga over them, howling and hooting like a couple of wild maniacs. “Hello, gals!” Glum shoved Glob off to the side so he could get closer. “We-- we, uh… we don’t see your kind around here too often.”

“Oh…” Shaggy laughed in his high pitched voice again as the ponies managed to tiptoe quietly inside without the goblins seeing them. “I bet you say that to all your goblin girlfriends.”

Once they were off in the shadows and couldn't be seen, Mystique couldn’t help but stifle a laugh... as far as she knew, there were no female goblins, but it was sure funny to think about. “We just love goblin parties,” Shaggy went on, approaching Glob as the ponies snuck into another hiding place. “Like, tell me, gruesome… any chance you could sneak us in?”

“Ha ha, well… I don’t know…” Glob said quietly before finally relenting to the request. “All right, all right… I’m gonna get in trouble for this, but…”

He then removed the rope blocking the entrance, giving Shaggy and Scooby, and unknowingly, the ponies full access. “In you go!”

“Like, thanks, you big horrible thing, you!” Shaggy patted him on the head before they went inside. “She had it all going on!” Glum said, entranced by Shaggy’s female appearance. “Yeah yeah yeah!” Glob nodded, just as enthusastic as his partner was. “But did you see her friend?”

Scooby blew them a kiss as they strutted down the hall to meet up with the ponies, and Glum groaned in disgust. “What a dog!”

XXXXXXXX

Soon, Shaggy and Scooby found the ponies hiding in a small closet, far away from the doors. “Good work out there you two,” Misty said as the ponies came out of hiding, relieved to not be squished any further. “Now all we have to do is find the party, get the Goblin Scepter and get out of there before midnight. Uh-- wait… what happens at midnight exactly? I don’t remember Mr. Gibbles ever telling us.”

“That’s when the Goblin King opens the gateway, letting his goblin guards go out into the mortal world to spread their mischief,” Mystique explained. “I heard one of the monsters at the bar talking about it one time.”

“Okay. So we gotta get the Goblin Scepter before that point,” Sunny frowned. “Let's go.”

But suddenly, Sparky bolted out of Hitch's hooves and ran toward a source of music down the hall. “Sparky Sparkeroni, you get back here right now!” Hitch scolded, darting after him. “So much for being discreet,” Zipp rolled her eyes. “Come on-- after that baby dragon!”

XXXXXXXX

The ponies darted after Sparky all the way down the hall, with Shaggy and Scooby staggering in their high heels, until they reached the large room where the party was being held, with lots of goblins dancing and flying around a pit with green fire illuminating the room. “Sparky, thank goodness!” Hitch said, hugging him. “Don't run off on me like that again! This place isn't like other places that we know are safe. We have to stay together.”

“Especially when there are so many guards,” Sunny said. That got the ponies worried; one wrong move and these guards would be after them within seconds.

And there was one other question… how would they find the Goblin Scepter in such a big place?

That’s when Scooby got to looking around the room until he spotted something. “Shaggy, look!”

He pointed up at the huge goblin sitting on top of the throne, a scepter within his reach. “That must be his royal rottenness himself,” Shaggy whispered. “And look!” Pipp pointed upward with her hoof. “There’s the Goblin Scepter!”

“We have to be smart about this. Who knows what could happen within the next few minutes,” Misty told her friends. “Like Opaline once said... timing is everything.”

But as they looked up at the clock, it gave a startling warning. “Zoinks!! Only five minutes till midnight!” Shaggy exclaimed in shock. “We gotta grab the scepter and high tail it outta here!” Mystique told her friends, nervously gulping. “O-On the count of three, ready? One… two… three!”

With that, the group charged toward the throne, and would have reached it, if Glob hadn’t appeared in front of them. “Well… hello, my lovelies,” he said charmingly, causing the group to halt. “Don’t be shy now,” Glum took Shaggy down into the dancing pit next to them. “Let’s have a dance!”

“Dance? Now?” Scooby whimpered nervously as Glob flew him down into the pit, leaving the ponies to defend themselves as a song called the ‘Goblin Oogie Boogie’ began to play. “No no no! We don’t have time for this!” Sunny began to panic. “We have only two minutes to get the scepter and get out of here!”

“Let’s try and get Shaggy’s attention!” Izzy spoke. “That way he can see us and let Scooby know!”

“It’s worth a shot!” Zipp shrugged. “Misty, Pipp and Hitch? Try and get close to the king and make sure he doesn’t leave before we get Shag and Scooby’s attention!”

The three of them nodded and ran that way while Sunny, Sparky, Izzy and Zipp and Mystique waved and yelled to get the dancing Shaggy and Scooby’s attention.

“SHAGGY!!”

“UP HERE!!!”

“THE SCEPTER!!”

“NOT MUCH TIME LEFT!!”

And once Shaggy noticed them, he noticed that the clock was only one minute away from striking the hour. “ZOINKS!!” he cried, racing to the dancing dog beside him. “Like, only one minute till midnight, Scoob!”

During one point of the song, the goblins, Shaggy and Scooby flew right out of the pit, and Scooby managed to use this to get himself close to Pipp, Zipp and Hitch to try and get the scepter. They managed to get super close to the king's throne, and as Scooby reached across the king to grab the scepter, his wig and glasses fell off, blowing their cover and causing Misty and her friends to gulp. “Uh oh…”

“What’s this?” the Goblin King boomed, realizing the deception. And during this shock, Scooby grabbed the scepter, planted a kiss right on the king’s face, and he and the three ponies leapt down to the others with the scepter in hand. “Way to go, Scoob old buddy!” Shaggy cheered before they ran through the crowd. “GANGWAY!!!” the Mane 6 and Mystique cheered while Sparky only cheered excitedly. “Imposters!” the Goblin King shouted angrily. “Seize them!”

The goblins instantly gave them chase, prompting them to run up a staircase to evade them… but it stopped right before the blazing pit of fire. “Like, dead end!” Shaggy cried, and this caused Scooby to whimper with worry. “Pipp, Zipp!” Sunny cried. “Fly Shaggy and Scooby out of here!”

“We would if we could!” Pipp said, struggling to get off the ground. “It’s like the scepter's magic is interfering with our own! We're trapped!”

As some of the goblins got closer and closer, they were soon faced by the Goblin King, staring down at them menacingly. “Who dares disrupt the Goblins’ Rave?!”

“Uh… d-don’t mind us,” Hitch stammered fearfully. “We were just leaving!”

Unfortunately, the king did not want to see to reason. So, he simply raised his hand, and the scepter floated right back over to him… and just as the clock struck midnight. “The goblin hour has arrived!”

The king lifted his scepter to the sky, making it glow sickening green and making the wall next to the giant clock opening, allowing a safe passage to the mortal world. “You are free, my minions,” the Goblin King said, letting his goblins fly out of the castle. “Go forth this night, and let goblin mischief reign! Ha ha ha… ha ha ha ha… ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

No sooner than 99% of the goblins leave, the king had the ponies, Shaggy and Scooby chained, and Glob laughed wickedly. “Oh great one, what you want we should do with them?” he asked as the ponies trembled nervously. “Yeah! What do we do? What do we do?” Glum asked. “Take them to the tower dungeon,” the Goblin King growled firmly, making the group instantly fear the worst. “T-T-T-Tower dungeon?!” Pipp stammered nervously, and Shaggy worriedly sobbed. “Like, any chance we could put in for an upgrade?”

“Your majesty, I get the situation looks bad,” Misty tried to step forward, only to have the chain on the metal collar yank her back. “But, if you’ll let me and my friends explain, w-w-we’ll have a big laugh. Heh heh… everyone likes a good joke... right?”

“Enough talk,” the Goblin King interrupted. “Be thankful that I have more urgent matters to deal with. Take them away.”

And that’s what Glob and Glum did, dragging Shaggy, Scooby, the two pups and their friends off to the dungeons as the king vanished. Sunny was one of many that couldn’t believe it… they had failed. And they were so close to saving the world!

Now… they wouldn’t be able to save their friends from what would come next.

Author's Note:

I don't have the exact lyrics for the song used in this chapter, so just bare with me, okay, guys?

And... I had most of this story written out for another more personal project... so that's why I'm publishing so quickly.