• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 644 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King - ponydog127



On Halloween night, our pony heroes must help Shaggy and Scooby-Doo defeat an evil magician from turning the rest of Mystery Incorporated and the world into monsters.

  • ...
 9
 644

Trouble Sets In/Mr. Gibbles' Genuine Magic Shoppe

Needless to say, the carnival officials weren’t happy with their set of actions, and booted the entire gang out of the carnival and sealed the gate shut on them. “Way to go, you guys,” Fred frowned in disappointment. “You got us kicked out of the carnival.”

“Pipp, I can’t believe you guys would stoop so low!” Zipp scolded. “I get you wanted to get back at Krudsky for kicking Scooby out of the show, but you can’t go sabotaging people whenever you feel like they deserve it! There's always a better way to do this than to do it unrationally!”

“Unrationally?!” Pipp screeched. “It was Shaggy’s idea, not mine! If anything, Misty and I were just helping!

“I don’t care who had the idea at the moment! All of you are to blame for ruining the performance, no matter who did what!”

“Zipp, Pipp. Both of you, calm down,” Sunny said gently. “Yes, what they did was wrong, but they feel generally bad about it. I’m sure they’re never gonna do it again… right, guys?”

“...yeah. Sorry, sis,” Pipp said in a soft voice. “Me too,” Scooby said with pinned ears. “So are Shaggy and me,” Misty nodded before turning away and sighing to herself. “I wish I hadn’t ignored that gut feeling… now my plan to AVOID tension has turned INTO tension…”

Hitch suspiciously eyed her when she was murmuring to herself. “Misty, you okay?”

“I-I didn’t say anything!” Misty stammered. And even though Hitch knew she was lying, he decided to let it go until she was ready to tell him. “Now what are we supposed to do?” Daphne wondered. Just then, the bell tolled nine times, meaning it was nine o’clock-- a little past Sparky's bedtime. “Don’t sweat it, gang,” Shaggy reassured the group. “There’s still one Halloween hoax we do believe in.”

Zipp raised an eyebrow at them. “And... what's that?”

XXXXXXXX

Trick or treating was the one thing Shaggy and Scooby looked forward to more than anything else, and Zipp wondered why she never thought about it before. With that being said, the gang went back to the Mystery Machine to pick up their costumes before heading throughout the neighborhood with the ponies, with Shaggy and Scooby’s costume changing a couple times so they got the right fit.

By the most recent house they went to, Shaggy had decided on a ghost costume while Scooby was dressed as a vampire, and Daphne was a cat, Velma was a pumpkin and Fred was a mummy. Shaggy and Scooby’s sacks were filled to the brim with sweets, as were the ponies' bags, to which they stopped and feasted on the candy for a moment. “Hey, Scoob!” Shaggy laughed as he jumped into his sack. “Ha-ha… like, check it out-- the world's first candy hot tub! Ha ha!”

“Yeah,” Scooby giggled enthusiastically before eating more of his candy. “Okay. I think that's enough trick-or-treating for one night,” Daphne smiled with her hands on her hips. “It’s getting late.”

Hitch nodded tiredly as Sparky yawned. “Good idea-- this baby dragon and his daddy are beat.”

“Oh… one more, please?” Misty asked sweetly. “Me and my friends are gonna keep an eye on them the entire time.”

“Okay, you guys go ahead,” Fred chuckled in agreement. “We’ll grab the van and meet you back here.”

“Scooby-Dooby-Doo!!” Scooby howled in delight. After bidding goodbyes to their friends, Shaggy and Scooby led the ponies and Sparky down the street in search of their next house when Sunny stopped-- she could have sworn she saw something sparkly flying over them… but what was it? “Sunny!” the earth pony mate heard Izzy call. “Come on! Shag and Scoob are gonna get all the good stuff!”

“...coming!” Sunny looked up at the sky one more time in search for the flying thing before following her friends.

XXXXXXXX

What Sunny didn’t realize was that glowing light was actually a fairy, flying through the October sky toward the carnival… into the very tent where Krudsky was packing up his magic materials. “Blast those teenage troublemakers…” Krudsky muttered as the fairy landed on the bookshelf behind him. “If word of this gets out, I'll be ruined! It's not my fault I'm a big phony-- I've spent a lifetime in search of real magic.”

He picked up a book and flipped through it. “I've studied every spell, spoken every incantation,” he tossed the book away. “There must be something I'm missing.”

The fairy accidentally lost her balance and fell over, tipping over a book onto the ground and turning itself to a specific page. When Krudsky turned to see what the commotion was, the book had flipped to a page showcasing a scepter-like object with bat/goblin like wings, and a glowing green orb, causing him to gasp. “The Goblin Scepter, fabled wand of the great Goblin King!” he picked the book up and read out loud from its pages. “Bewitched by the darkest magic, he who holds the Goblin Scepter, holds the magic of Halloween in his grasp! It must be a sign! Somehow, someway, tonight… the Goblin Scepter… will be mine!”

The fairy gasped at what she had caused as Krudsky cackled toward a mirror he had nearby. “Prepare yourself, Krudsky! You’re finally going up in the world!”

Smirking, the fairy decided to play a few little pranks on Krudsky, using her fairy magic to levitate him into his costume trunk and causing him to become increasingly angered. “Who is responsible for this indignity?” he boomed, getting out of the chest and looking around. “Think this is funny, do you? Show yourself this instant!”

He pounded the desk, causing the fairy to flap her wings and fly around him repeatedly. “Pesky insect…” Krudsky sneered, and grabbed a fly swatter to swat the fairy down. However, she was too quick, and he ended up falling over repeatedly trying to get her. But unfortunately, the fairy didn’t see through her giggling that she was heading straight toward the wall, knocking her down and allowing Krudsky to trap her with the fly swatter. “Gotcha!”

When Krudsky lifted the swatter to see what had been annoying him, he gasped in surprise when he saw a tiny fairy regaining consciousness. Remembering something that he saw in one of his books, he flipped to the ‘F’ section and found the section about fairies, reading it out loud. “If a mortal catches a fairy on Halloween… the fairy’s magic can be stolen using the following spell!

Krudsky’s eyes lit up in greed-- this fairy’s magic was just what he needed to get the Goblin Scepter from the Goblin King! And with that spell, he could take it right from her.

As he read this, however, a small red breezie with an orange mane and tail and violet eyes flew past the tent, hiding from Krudsky as he cackled, placing the fairy inside his hat and waved his wand around above her, ready to speak the incantation. “By the fearsome powers of Halloween night… give to me this fairy’s light!

A sickening green light emerged from the fairy as Krudsky cackled, that very light filling the tent while no one except that one, small breezie was around. “When he's away from Willow, I'll lead her to Mr. Gibbles' place. He'll know what to do...”

XXXXXXXX

Shaggy and Scooby led their pony and dragon friends around the entire neighborhood, looking for the perfect final house to go trick-or-treating at. When they were just about to give up, they saw the perfect Halloween-styled house, right behind a large metal gate. “Here we are, guys,” Shaggy said. “Last house on the block.”

The house looked to be pretty old-- at least 100 years or so, by looking on the outside. Through Scooby’s eyes, the gate and house looked rather creepy, and let out a frightened whimper. “Boy, you said it, Scooby-- talk about a kooky crib,” Zipp said. “Though... it is kind of an intriguing structure. Maybe... maybe we can go closer and check it out.”

They walked closer toward the gate, which read at the top ‘Mr. Gibbles’ Genuine Magic Shoppe’. And once he saw this, Shaggy chuckled with a smirk. “There’s nothing to be afraid of, Scoob,” he said. “It’s just more Halloween hogwash that doesn’t have to do with Equestrian magic... the only magic we KNOW is real.”

“Oooh… heh heh heh heh,” Scooby giggled, glad there was nothing to really be afraid of. “Guys, I'm glad you're so loyal to us and want to help protect our magic,” Sunny smiled. “But you never know... there may be magic out in this world that isn't Equestrian magic, and you wouldn’t even know it.”

Scooby giggled and rolled his eyes playfully at her. “Uh-huh. Sure, Sunny.”

But all of a sudden, the gate creaked open without them touching it, and the door suddenly opened after that, making Shaggy gulp. “But, like… shouldn’t we have knocked first?”

“Yeah… we should’ve… knocked,” Scooby trembled in fear. And while they were scared, Izzy knew there had to be a good score of candy at this place. “Let’s just go in,” she said, slightly nudging Scooby’s rump. “I mean… they wouldn’t have wanted us to come inside if the door wasn’t open.”

“Y-Yeah… Izzy's probably right,” Hitch nodded, and the group followed the lavender unicorn toward the doors before peeking inside. Everything inside seemed to be rather old and dusty, looking like there hadn’t been someone shopping or in here for a while. “Like, check out this creep-show convinience store,” Shaggy entered first and looked around the main foyer of the store, followed by the curious ponies, an excited Sparky and a reluctant Scooby. Despite looking pretty old, everything seemed to be in the perfect condition. “Look at all this stuff!” Sunny said, rubbing against an old mirror. “Whoever lives here must be keeping all of this in great condition.”

“Yeah... but who lives here?” Zipp wondered. “And how come they have so much antique stuff laying around?”

“Huh... maybe they shop at a lot of thrift stores,” Misty shrugged. “I'm not really too sure.”

“Hey, Scoob!” Shaggy put on an old hat nearby. “Like, just call me Merlin the Mostest Magician!”

“Ha ha! Good one, Shag,” Pipp chuckled at him with the playful roll of her eyes. Right now, Scooby made faces in front of a large mirror he found. He stopped to giggle in amusement, but when he looked at the mirror again, his reflection was still making faces at him. Scooby looked at the mirror in confusion-- what was going on?

Suddenly, his reflection growled and scared Scooby out of his wits-- so much so that he leapt right into Shaggy’s arms. “What is it, Scooby-Doo?” Misty asked in concern. “Magic mirror!” Scooby pointed at the object. “Magic mirror!!”

But when the group looked again, the mirror was back to normal, as if Scooby’s encounter never happened. “A magic mirror? Come off it, Scoob,” Shaggy chuckled at his dog. “What are you, afraid of your own shadow?”

“I don't know, Shaggy... I've had some sort of funky feeling about this place,” Zipp said, glancing around at the walls. “Something doesn't feel right, a-and I think maybe we should leave.”

“Leave?” Misty asked curiously. “But why?”

But after he said such, a clap of thunder and a bolt of lightning made them freeze in their tracks, and the door slammed shut, causing most of the group (namely Hitch, Sparky, Izzy, Misty, Shaggy and Scooby) to cling to one another, just before they heard a voice out of the silence. “Who dares speak of the shadows on Halloween night?”

A bolt of lightning revealed someone else at the top of the stairs before it went dark again, and the group gasped-- they had no idea anyone else was in here. The figure came down the stairs, revealing himself to be an older man with bushy eyebrows, white hair, pointy ears and blue eyes, wearing a purple shirt with a maroon vest. “A wizard must be careful with his words,” he said, and this caused Shaggy to gulp, still a little startled. “Our bad. Like, we’re new here.”

“Yeah… new here,” Scooby agreed while the other ponies just nodded. “We’re really sorry if we were intruding, sir,” Sunny apologized. “The doors and gate kinda came open and... we kinda let ourselves in without permission.”

With the wave of his hand, the man ignited every candle in the room, a bright smile on his face. “It's no problem, my dear. Always delighted to meet new customers-- always, always! Especially when Equestrians are in my presence,” he said enthusiastically. “Welcome to Mr. Gibbles, where the magic is real at prices that are unreal.”

The ponies seemed pretty confused at what he was saying, but they seemed to find this man comforting and made them feel good. “Sorry, but you’ve got us all wrong,” Shaggy told the man with a smile, thinking he was confused.. “Like, we’re not customers, we’re consumers! Like…”

“Trick or treat!!” the friends exclaimed, holding open their candy bags expectedly. “Trick or treat, eh…?” Mr. Gibbles said to no one in particular. “Well then… I choose ‘trick’!”

There was a particularly blinding light, causing the group to be blinded for a few moments, and when the light vanished, the elderly man had disappeared! “Huh?!”

“Hey!” Izzy cried. “Where did he go?!”

But they didn’t have to look around for him long, for Mr. Gibbles quickly appeared in between them, beginning to sing a festive Halloween song.

Mr. Gibbles: Witches and warlocks
Ghosts and ghouls
One night a year
They break all the rules

You never know who’s at the door
On Halloween night
Spirits from the shadows
Creeping into the light

Werewolves howl and vampires take a bite

Pipp, Misty and Sunny: AHH!!!

Mr. Gibbles: That’s scary!

Don’t you know there’s still hope
Take it from me
You can have protection
For a nominal fee

Tonight, the dark and light unite
A magical mystery

Spell books, potions
They fly off the shelves
We offer a discount
To trolls and elves

When danger’s at the door
On Halloween night
If you master magic
You can put up a fight

Face your fears, the power’s here
At Gibbles’ the price is right…!!

Shaggy and Scooby were among those completely speechless... no one knew what to say at that point.

One thing was for certain in the ponies' eyes... this was definitely going to be an unforgettable Unity Quest for certain.

Author's Note:

This is the breezie I decided to use for this story:

https://derpibooru.org/images/3096622