• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 644 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King - ponydog127



On Halloween night, our pony heroes must help Shaggy and Scooby-Doo defeat an evil magician from turning the rest of Mystery Incorporated and the world into monsters.

  • ...
 9
 644

Trouble Rises Further/One Last Chance

Fred and Daphne had finally finished the trap in the clock tower by the time midnight struck, and were now hiding behind the clock’s network of gears for the right moment.

Brushfire had flew to the carnival right after Velma had passed out, and after she explained to Fred and Daphne who she was (the captured fairy's best friend) and happily let her use her magic to help help them build the trap.

After they waited a few seconds, that’s when the Goblin King appeared, looking livid, and causing Brushfire to silently gasp, a little nervous.

Something was about to go down, and the gang knew that the something wouldn’t be good. “Show yourself, wicked warlock!” the Goblin King threatened, and it was then that Krudsky dingifyingly walked toward him. “Greetings, Your Majestic Malignancy,” he greeted with a dignified bow. “Thank you for coming. I do so admire your punctuality.”

“Show me the princess,” the Goblin King commanded him, “or be destroyed!”

But Krudsky only chuckled at this threat. “You wouldn't dare use magic against me so long as I have her under my spell,” he said, waving his hand over his hat and causing the princess to rise from it. “Why, here she is now, unharmed, as promised. And now, if you please, the Goblin Scepter!”

“Beware, mortal,” the Goblin King warned. “You know not the powers you are dealing with.”

“Jeepers…!” Daphne whispered from their hiding places, but Fred shushed her before she could give them away. So, with major reluctance, the Goblin King let the scepter float toward Krudsky, and Krudsky did the same with the princess. That gave Fred the perfect signal. “Now, Daphne!”

Daphne instantly pushed down on a lever, causing the gears to speed up and causing ropes to trap the Goblin King, and this allowed Fred to catch Willow in Krudsky’s hat. “Gotcha!”

But this also gave Krudsky an advantage to grab the Goblin Scepter, transforming him into a goblin himself and allowing him to be at full power. “Ladies and gentleman,” he shouted, “the Amazing Krudsky-- version 2.0!”

Thunder and lightning cracked, making Brushfire whimper nervously and hide behind Daphne’s red hair, trembling. “Well, well… look at the big bad Goblin King,” Krudsky smirked over at the king. “Release me at once!” he commanded, thinking the ropes were Krudsky’s doing. “I’ll take over from here, junior!”

And just like that, Krudsky used the goblin scepter to transform the Goblin King into a goose… just before he turned his sights on the remaining gang members. “Now, who’s next?”

“Oooookay…” Brushfire said nervously, not thinking this is how the plan would turn out. “That was not part of the plan.”

“Run for it!!” Daphne cried out, and she and Fred ran out of the clock tower with Brushfire clinging to Daphne’s head. Once they were at the bottom, Fred and Daphne turned to the breezie as she took to the air again. “Brushfire, we need you to go find the ponies, Shaggy and Scooby,” Fred instructed. “And warn them about this wannabe warlock!”

“What?! No way!” Brushfire was immediately against this. “I’m not leaving you alone with that creep! And what about the princess-- my best friend, let me remind you?”

“We’ll try and buy you some time so you can find them,” Daphne told the small creature. “We’ll be fine, Brush-- go, before it's too late!”

Brushfire definitely didn’t like the thoughts of being on her own and with her friends in a situation like this… but nodded anyway and flew off, leaving Fred and Daphne to run in another direction. And just as they split up, Krudsky demolished the front of the clock tower, so he could look on at all the goblins running amok around Coolsville. “Shadow Goblins, have your fun!” he cried. “Halloween has just begun!”

Brushfire panted nervously as she flew, hearing the Shadow Goblins’ laughter from behind her… and all she could hope was that the gang of ponies and their friends could get back before their world was altered for the worst.

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, back in the Halloween world, Glob and Glum finally escorted Shaggy, Scooby and all the ponies into the dungeons and into chains that prevented the ponies from using their powers before they joined their fellow Shadow Goblins in the mortal world. Thunder and lightning cracked outside, causing Izzy and Mystique flinch from each flash. “Boy, Scoob, did we screw up this time,” Shaggy said, shaking his head sadly. “Like, game over.”

“Yeah… game over…” Scooby whimpered sadly. “Now, we’ll never make it back before sunrise,” Misty said depressingly, “and we’ll be trapped in the spirit world forever! And... and it's all my fault...”

“What?!” Pipp cried. “How can you say that? It is so not your fault!”

“But I should have stopped you guys from making a fool out of him at the carnival!” Misty sobbed, tears flowing down her face. “And ever since then, the tension is completely rising through the roof! Maybe it's because we're getting close to defeating my mom or everyone is getting mad at each other, I don't know what! I just feel like I'm supposed to be the optimistic one, and it's so hard! I'm sorry, I should have been honest with how I was feeling... I ruined everything!

“Misty… you haven’t ruined anything at all. We are the ones who should be sorry,” Sunny said as Misty turned to her. “We were so focused on our problem of defeating Paradise that we didn't stop to check in and see how YOU were feeling. That's what good friends would’ve done.”

“We still failed, though...” Misty shook her head sadly. “It's not like we can do anything about that from in here.”

“Still, we gave it one heck of a try, didn't we, guys?” Shaggy tried to encourage. “We did?” Scooby glanced at him, still feeling down. “Shaggy, as much as I appreciate this newfound confidence,” said Hitch as he hugged a scared Sparky, “I don't think Misty or even Sparky for that matter is really up for a speech like this.”

“I know that, Hitch, but I mean, think about how far we came,” Shaggy said with a smile. “That took courage, stamina, brains. And, like, those are things we don't have.”

“Well… you’re right about that,” Mystique shrugged. “We did come pretty far on our own... hardly using any magic along the way. Plus... I got to meet you guys, and... I finally feel like I belong with the right herd.”

But after a quick moment of silence, Shaggy let out a sigh. “I just wish we had one more chance to save the day.”

“We all do, Shaggy...” Zipp said, putting a comforting hoof on his shoulder. “We all do.”

There was a moment of silence between the group, making that very same wish in their minds... the first Unity Quest the group ever failed on. “Did somebody say ‘wish’?” asked a voice, and the group looked toward the doors to see Night Glow and her fairy pals flying right into the dungeon. “Lucky for you,” said Tiddlywink, “granting wishes is what we do best!”

“Hey… our fairy friends!” Shaggy exclaimed as the fairies’ and Night Glow’s magic undid the chains, freeing them. “Yes! We’re saved!” Mystique cheered. “Yippee!!” Scooby howled, bringing the group in for a happy hug. “Hey, good for you guys!” said the skeleton between them, causing them to scream in terror. “Well, come on!” said Sparkplug with a smile. “Your ride is here!”

“Oh! But… there’s one more thing,” Night Glow said, flying to the ponies with her fairy friends at her side. “A little spell to help you during your final battle, to thank you for all you're doing.”

With that, Night Glow and the fairies flew around and around Izzy, Hitch, Misty and Mystique until the magic from their wings began to form into fairy wings on the ponies’ backs. “Wings?!” Mystique cried in amazement. “Like, actual real, flying wings for flying?!”

“Thank you all so much!” Misty said as she let her wings flap. “They’re beautiful!”

“And they’re a great way to get out of here and stop this evil plan!” Zipp nodded. “You’ll be able to fly as fast as me, Pipp and Sunny and then some!”

“Remember, the spell only lasts until sunrise,” Tiddlywink told them, “so use this magic wisely.”

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Izzy asked. “Let’s get outta this tower and back to Coolsville!”

XXXXXXXX

Thanks to the ponies and the new wings of Izzy, Hitch, Misty and Mystique, Shaggy and Scooby were able to navigate out of the tower dungeon and to the tallest tower of the castle, where they halted once they saw what a drop it was. As Shaggy leapt into Scooby’s paws in fright, the Great Dane beamed at what was coming. “Shaggy, look!”

What had come for them was Broomy, good as new, thanks to the fairies’ magic abilities. “Broomy! You’re back in action!” Shaggy exclaimed. “Come on, guys!” Sunny said as she shifted to her alicorn form as Izzy and Misty lifted Shaggy and Scooby onto Broomy. “We’re going for the sweep!”

And so, the group flew away from the castle and into the underground tunnels leading from it. But as they flew for another good minute, a familiar orange someone leapt in front of Scooby and landed right on Broomy’s front. “What’s up dog?” the jack o’lantern laughed. “Jack!” Hitch cried. “You came back!”

“Hey, there's still a little fire left in this old pumpkin. Ha ha! Come on, let’s carve!” Jack exclaimed before he lit the way for them, guiding them back onto the surface and off into the night. “Whooooo-hooo!!!” Scooby howled to the moon above. Next stop, Coolsville... in order to save it from Krudsky’s master plan!