• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 644 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King - ponydog127



On Halloween night, our pony heroes must help Shaggy and Scooby-Doo defeat an evil magician from turning the rest of Mystery Incorporated and the world into monsters.

  • ...
 9
 644

Reason We Have Magic/Witches and Brooms

It had been hours since Fred and the girls last saw their easily-frightened companions and their Equestrian friends and were now driving to all the locations they saw them at last in order to look for them.

After a lot of searching with no luck, their last stop was the Coolsville Halloween Carnival, which recently ended. “Sunny! Ponies! Shaggy!” Fred called. “Scooby!”

But of course, there was no form of response-- just still, cold silence throughout the abandoned lot. “Huh… I guess they’re not here, either,” Fred shrugged. “This place is deserted,” Daphne shuddered uneasily, preparing to get in the van. That’s when Velma noticed a bright light at the other end of the lot and put a hand on Daphne’s shoulder in order to stop her. “Not quite… look!”

The light and wind seemed to be coming from the tent where Krudsky did his magic show, so they decided to get closer and see what was going on.

When they peered inside, their eyes widened to see Krudsky and the items he stole from the magic shoppe flying around in enchanted wind, and Krudsky laughed evilly before facing the enchanted mirror. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most dreadful goblin of all?

Suddenly, the reflection in the mirror changed into another, but it was something… not human. And whatever he was, he wasn't happy to see Krudsky. “What wizard dare disturb the great Goblin King?

Hearing this caused the gang to gasp in pure shock-- what in the world was happening? “Greetings, your royal awfulness. The Amazing Krudsky, at your service,” Krudsky bowed respectfully. “Foolish mortal,” the Goblin King sneered. “To what purpose do you summon the ruler of the goblin hordes?

“Say hello to my little fairy friend,” Krudsky brought out the glowing orb with Princess Willow inside, and seeing the fairy trapped caused the king to gasp. “Fairy Princess Willow!

“Jeepers! A real-life fairy!” Daphne said in awe. “Maybe Krudsky's magic is real after all... like how the ponies' Equestrian magic is real to us.”

“But, that's impo-- impossible!” Velma stammered with wide eyes. “Rational mind… shutting down…!”

And before anyone could realize it, Velma had fainted, leaving a surprised Fred to catch her in his arms. And once Velma was secure in Fred’s arms, the remaining three looked back at the scene. “What loathsome trickery is this?” the Goblin King snarled at Krudsky. “No tricks-- only a trade,” Krudsky told the otherworldly king slyly. “Meet me at the clock tower, midnight… ish. There I shall release her to you… in return for your Goblin Scepter.”

Most foul and wicked wizard! You tempt powers beyond your grasp!” the king roared out. But seeing as he could not do anything to him until midnight, the king growled-- he had no choice in this, no matter how much it killed him. “You shall regret this…

And just like that, the Goblin King’s image vanished, leaving Krudsky on his own with a wicked laugh. “Soon, all the powers of Halloween shall be mine!” he told the imprisoned fairy. “And then I'll show that scruffy slacker, and his mangy mutt Scooby-Doo a magic trick they’ll never forget. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!”

He tucked the princess under his hat before flying out of the tent, leaving Daphne, an unconscious Velma and Fred on their own. “Shaggy and Scooby are in big trouble!” Fred realized in fear. “And if the ponies are still with them, they could be in trouble too! We gotta find ‘em before that whacked-out warlock does!”

“And what about that adorable little fairy?” Daphne reminded. “We can't just let that icky Goblin King take her away… right, Velma?”

But Velma only gained consciousness for a few moments, smacking her lips together before passing out again. “Oh no! Velma’s fried!” Daphne cried out in worry. “All this must have overloaded her rational brain!”

“Then it’s up to us, Daphne,” Fred told the remaining member of the gang. “We've gotta get over to that clock tower before midnight and set a trap for that magic maniac. Come on.”

With that, he and Daphne picked up Velma and carried her away, hoping that Sunny, Misty and their friends would be able to keep Shaggy and Scooby out of trouble for at least a little while.

For all their sakes.

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, back in the Halloween world, Mystique Blaze and Jack were leading the Equestrians, Shaggy and Scooby to the witches who were sure to help them find the castle, and the ponies were catching their friends up on that night's horrific events. “Okay, okay… let me see if I got this straight,” Mystique said once they were finished. “You guys came to this world to find the Goblin Scepter, so you could retrieve it before an evil magician could combine its magic with the stolen magic of Princess Willow and turn everyone into monsters for all eternity?”

“Yeah-- that pretty much sums it up,” Misty said. “But what about you?” Zipp asked. “We haven’t seen any other Equestrians down here except Brushfire the breezie and ourselves.”

“Yeah, well… my herd was originally from a forest in Indiana, and I was happy there, despite being teased about my black coat… and being an orphan,” Mystique said quietly. “The leader of my herd expected me to do so much for the herd, but… when I couldn’t do that, he kicked me out. I found this portal, and I’ve been living here with Jack ever since.”

“Like… don’t you miss our world?” Shaggy asked. “No-- well, I mean... maybe a little,” Mystique shrugged. “I just want a place where I can really be myself without being in such a tough spot.”

“What about those powers of yours?” Hitch asked. “Can’t you control plants like earth ponies can?”

“Actually, since I was born,” spoke Mystique, “I’ve had this strange ability to cast magic and control fire like a unicorn, but I don’t have a horn.”

“Wow…” Scooby smiled. “So, you’re not being pressured anymore now that you’re down here?”

“Well… she still kinda is,” Jack said. “Sort of a local hero around these parts.”

“Which is why I love helping people, but hate the recognition I get for it,” sighed the black earth pony. “I mean… if helping isn’t the reason I have my magic… what is?”

Suddenly, music began to play from out of nowhere, and Mystique began to sing her heart out about how she had been feeling all her life.

Mystique: I wish there was a spell I could choose

Hitch: For what?

Mystique: To make all of this pressure go poof

Scooby: Exactly!

Mystique: What they expect of me, is not the plan I see
And that just makes it hard to make a move

Pipp: I comprehend and I sympathize

Mystique: You do?

Zipp: It's like we're living parallel lives

Mystique: I guess we are

Hitch: Cause they don't understand the power in our hands

Izzy: And maybe they're too old to recognize

All: Look at you and me on the same side
Loving this bewitched state of mind
It's too powerful to hide
And there's a reason we've got magic
And I know what to do with mine

Mystique: I can't believe there's someone like you

Misty: I know!

Mystique: Who's going through what I'm going through

Izzy: It's crazy!

Mystique: The fact that you relate, and witchcraft is our fate
Imagine everything that we could do

All: Look at you and me on the same side
Loving this bewitched state of mind
It's too powerful to hide
And there's a reason we've got magic

Mystique: And I know what to do with

Mane 6, Shaggy and Scooby: Know what to do with

All: Know what to do with mine!

“Wow… that sounds horrible,” Hitch frowned, “dealing with all that pressure from so many. I should know-- I’m the sheriff where I come from, and I know what you’re going through.”

“Which is why Mystique should go home with you guys tonight-- see if you can give hera good home where she isn't pressured as much,” Jack said as they walked. “That’ll do her better good than staying here.”

“What? But… I-I like you, Jack-- I don’t wanna leave you,” Mystique tried to protest. “Hey, don’t get all emotional on me, kid,” Jack said with a frown. “You know it’s for the best.”

Mystique let out a quiet sigh. “Yeah… I guess you’re right. I have always dreamed of a family to accept me as I am. And if going with these ponies and their friends means that there may be a chance I get that... then I'll go with them.”

After a while, they reached a dark forest where a straw hut lay in the middle of it, providing the only light there was. Both Sunny and Scooby noticed that Mystique was a hesitant to go in, but decided to ask about it later. “End of the line, guys-- there’s the witches’ hut, just like I promised,” Jack told them. “Look, I gotta bounce, but they can help you find the Goblin Castle. You know, assuming they don't, uh, eat you first.”

“E-Eat us?!” Misty and Izzy shrieked-- there went their temporary confidence, since Jack had never mentioned such a fact before now. “Are you sure you can’t come with us, Jack?” Shaggy asked their friend. “Sorry, guys. But those old bags take one look at me and splat! I’m pumpkin pie, you know what I’m saying?”

“But, like… how are we gonna get along without you?” Shaggy wondered out loud. “We haven’t got any magic left!”

“Yeah,” Scooby whimpered. “How?”

“Well… we still have our pony magic,” Sunny said, stomping her hoof and letting a flower grow. “But… you guys don’t need your own magic to do this. Just look at how far we’ve come already, barely using magic!”

“She’s right,” Jack agreed. “You guys rescued me from the Brainless Horseman, hello? That took real courage. And everybody knows courage is the most powerful magic of all.”

“Like, I hate to tell ya,” Shaggy said as the pumpkin began to hop away, “but that wasn’t courage-- that was panic!

“Hey, whatever you call it, it’s working for you,” Jack chuckled, and he continued to hop away. “Keep it unreal, and Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeen!!!”

And just like that, he had hopped out of sight. “Bye…” Mystique called sadly as they waved, but they were able to comfort one another before they started walking in the direction of the hut. Jack wouldn’t want them to be sad for long… they still had a mission to take care of.

XXXXXXXX

When they got to the hut, they peered inside to see an elderly witch, an owl and a cat inside, all surrounding a bubbling cauldron. “Boil and bubble, toil and trouble,” the witch chanted as she stirred the inside of the cauldron. “If it’s too weak, then make it a double!

The witch, owl and cat cackled in joy, making Scooby, Shaggy and all the ponies a little worried, not sure if they could trust witches like these after a... previous experience the ponies told them about. “For once in our lives, Scoob,” Shaggy gulped nervously, “like, I hope we’re too late for supper.”

“Well… maybe they’re nice,” Misty pointed out. “You can’t judge a book by their cover, you know.”

Slowly, the witch turned and saw them out of the corner of her eye, a smirk gracing her face. “It is very rude to linger in doorways.”

And then, out of nowhere, the door slammed shut on them, shoving the group inside the hut, all while injuring their behinds. “Eye of snake and tongue of rat,” the witch went back to stirring. “Pie of rhubarb, wing of bat! Ha ha ha ha ha!”

Zipp and Pipp’s wings twitched as they shuddered-- whatever she was cooking did NOT sound appealing. “There now… it’s almost ready,” said the witch before getting a spoonful of liquid. “Here, taste.”

“Uh… no thanks. I’d really rather--” Shaggy tried to decline, but the witch shoved the spoon into his mouth before he could continue. And then, before the others’ eyes, Shaggy turned into a snail! “Boy, do I feel sluggish all of a sudden,” Shaggy admitted before he looked at his reflection in a dish pan on the floor. “ZOINKS!!”

“You said it! Green slime does not look good on you,” Pipp said with disgust in her tone. “Pipp!” Zipp scolded. “Not cool!”

“Hmmm, I knew it-- not enough dragon’s tooth,” the witch said to herself before dropping such into the cauldron. “Yeah, we better back up before she hexes us too,” Mystique said, pulling Izzy backwards while the other ponies gave the witch some room. The witch then shoved the spoon with the new batch into Scooby’s mouse, but after he swallowed it, the poor Great Dane turned into a mouse! “Ruh roh!”

And unfortunately, this got the cat’s attention, meowing in delight before leaping toward him. “Scooby!” Misty cried. “Look out!”

Scooby turned just in time to see the cat in his face, causing him to yelp and dart into Shaggy’s shell for protection. And despite the pets’ efforts to protect their friends, the cat kept coming closer. “Like, hang on, Scoob!” Shaggy said to his best friend. “We gotta make a be-line from this feline!”

But his efforts to quickly get away were in vain-- since he was a snail, he could only slowly crawl away from it. “Hey, cat!” Misty declared as the ponies blocked her path, Sunny shifting into her alicorn form. “Leave our friends alone!”

“Meow?!” the cat said in surprise, trying to get to Shaggy and Scooby, but the ponies stomping hooves blocked her in every way possible. “Ha ha!” Mystique laughed. “Not today, furball!”

“No, no no no,” the owl then hooted. “This will never do!”

Putting on a hat and grabbing a wand with her wing, the owl suddenly turned into another witch. And once the ponies leapt out of the way, the second witch zapped Shaggy and Scooby with her wand, causing them to turn back to normal… a little unbalanced, but fine otherwise. “Quite right,” the cat then purred. “More meat on them this way.”

With the snap of her claws, the cat instantly reverted into her own witch form, causing the ponies to gasp in surprise. “Ooookay now,” Hitch blinked. “I kinda feel bad for almost wanting to keep stomping on her.”

The Cat Witch didn't hear the comment, thank goodness, and turned to the group with a smile on her face. “Come, my sweets,” she said sweetly. “We’d just love to… have you for dinner.”

The witches then laughed, causing the group to look at one another-- maybe what Jack said about the witches eating you was right. “Wish we could stay,” Shaggy said as they slowly backed up away. “But you see, a friend that that we could just stop in to ask for directions.”

“Uh huh,” Scooby nodded quickly. “Yes, we can guide you to the hidden lair of the Goblin King,” the Grand Witch told them. “But first… you must help us.”

The witches then cackled again, leading the group to tremble. But, they supposed that this was fair-- after all, they did need to get to the castle quickly. “A-All right then,” Sunny said, getting some courage to finally speak. “What do you need us to do?”

“Please say it’s not tasting potions,” Misty hoped to herself, “please say it’s not tasting potions…”

The Grand Witch didn't answer right away, but then dropped something else into the cauldron, making an eerie mist come out of it and fill the hut. “There are bad omens everywhere tonight,” the Grand Witch explained. “Some dark force has upset the supernatural balance-- catastrophe rides on the wind!”

And just as quickly as the mist appeared, it disappeared. “I’m afraid I had to cancel my midnight ride,” the Grand Witch then said. “Naturally, my magic broomstick is devastated.”

“M-M-M-Magic broomstick?!” the group stammered-- even the ponies (Mystique included) had never seen a magic broomstick before. Suddenly, they looked down and noticed a sad looking broom trudging over to them, and seeing it made the ponies’ hearts sink a little. “Poor thing… he was so looking forward to it,” the Grand Witch frowned before turning to Misty and Zipp in a whisper. “It's very bad to break a magic broom's spirit. Once broken, they are never the same again.”

“...good to know,” Zipp said hesitantly, just before the Grand Witch turned to stroke the broom’s handle. “All right, Broomy. Enough moping,” she told the broom before she turned toward Shaggy and Scooby. “These nice boys are going to take you out for a spin. Aren't you, boys?”

The broom, now known as Broomy, instantly perked up, and Shaggy looked over at the Great Dane with worry. “Scoob, old buddy, like, why do I get the feeling that we're the ones about to get spun?”

“Oh no…” Scooby whimpered. “Aww, come on, guys-- this could be really fun!” Izzy tried to encourage. “Like… a flying roller coaster!”

Shaggy sent a glare over at her. “Izzy, dude… you’re not helping mine and Scooby’s nervousness here.”

“And we’d get to the castle a lot faster. Besides… look at the sweet thing,” Sunny said, adding onto Izzy's statement while looking at Broomy. “How would you feel if you couldn’t go on a ride that meant so much to you, and then was given one opportunity? Wouldn’t you want that opportunity to happen?”

Shaggy and Scooby spared Broomy a glance as he waited patiently for their answer, melting their hearts a little. Sunny and Izzy both had good points... and after a moment, their decision was final. “Well… like, I guess we do need to get to the castle a lot quicker,” Shaggy admitted. “So, if you ponies are okay with it… I guess Scooby-Doo and I are too.”

“Aww yeah!” Mystique spoke, pumping a hoof. “I call dibs on riding with Shag and Scoobers!”

“And while Pipp and I handle Izzy and Misty, Sunny can carry you, Hitch-- like we did in Tokyo,” Zipp told the others. “Plus… how hard can taking care of a magic broomstick be?”

XXXXXXXX

After the decision was made, the witches led everyone outside, and they helped Shaggy, Scooby and Mystique onto the broomstick, while Sunny carried Hitch, the pegasus sisters hovered slowly and carried Misty and Izzy. “Now, hold on tight,” the Grand Witch gave the broom riders a brief lesson. “Lean forward for faster, back to slow down. And watch out-- he's got a wild streak in him. Just loves to take off on you. But don't let him.”

“Uh… you got all that, guys?” Mystique looked at her friends. “No…” Scooby whimpered nervously. “Aw, I’m sure you’ll be fine!” Izzy reassured. “I mean… what’s the worst thing that could happen?”

“They could die,” Zipp said with a shrug before glares were sent her way. “Sorry, sorry! I was just in the zone!”

“Yeah…” Pipp rolled her eyes. “Sure.”

“I’m serious!”

As the sisters were about to argue more, the Owl Witch approached them with two vials of green liquid. “Here, you’ll need this to get inside the castle-- it’s magic potion,” she said, prompting Sunny to put them in her saddlebag pocket. “My own secret recipe, made from Scratch-- poor old Scratch.”

At this, the witches cackled again, prompting the group to shudder nervously-- while they were impressed the witches wanted to help them, they did still feel a little nervous around them. “Take them to the old oak grove,” the Grand Witch instructed Broomy before she turned back to the group. “From there, the fairies and breezies will guide you to the Goblin Castle.”

But that’s when she quickly grabbed the front of Shaggy’s shirt menacingly. “But beware-- it’s a hideous place filled with the most horrible monsters imaginable! And do write.”

And after this was said, Broomy lurched off at top speed, forcing Shaggy, Scooby and Mystique to hold on for their lives and for the others to quickly catch up, passing over rivers, over trees and even through an abandoned house. Eventually, the ride became smoother, and the group found themselves getting more comfortable with being on the ride of their lives. “Hey, guys!” Shaggy said with a chuckle. “I think we’re getting the hang of this thing!”

“Scooby-Dooby-Doooo!!!” Scooby howled as the ponies let out multiple cheers and laughs from the excitement of flying in the air. But what they didn’t realize was that the two goblin guards from earlier had spotted them from down on the ground. “Hey, look!” Glob told Glum, pointing to the broomstick and ponies above them. “Let’s shoot ‘em down!”

“Bring out the Goblin Blaster!” Glum shouted to two other goblins, who pushed aside a grave and let a giant cannon come into view. That’s when they set spotlights onto their targets and fired green-tinted fiery blasts repeatedly. Shag, Scoob and the ponies feared for their safety by this point, making swift dodges and turns to avoid the flames. But unfortunately, one blast got to them, setting Broomy’s straw end on fire, which Scooby immediately noticed. “Fire!!”

This prompted the group on the broomstick to scream in terror as they tried to keep the broom from diving, but the weight was getting to be too much for the ponies to support, and one good blast behind the ponies was enough to get them to stop flapping and drop from the sky at an alarming rate of speed. “Mayday! Mayday!” Shaggy screamed as they reached the brim of the treetops. “We’re going down!!”

After a bit more screaming, the group dove down toward a grove of trees, falling quickly before they hit the ground, Mystique and her fellow passengers sliding off of Broomy and onto the grass upon impact… and that’s what they last remembered before everything went black.