• Published 25th Sep 2023
  • 563 Views, 22 Comments

A Vengeful Revelation - Catpaw616



In this AU, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow team up to try and defeat Twilight and her friends.

  • ...
3
 22
 563

Chapter 1

Cold, hungry, and hateful.

Those were the three things that Chrysalis felt when she was locked away in one of Canterlot's dark and chilly dungeons. The chains that were latched onto her hind legs made adjusting more unbearable than it already was. Chrysalis found it hard to find a comfortable sleep position, and the cold stone floor didn't help that factor either.

She hissed to herself out of frustration as she slumped to the ground, her front hooves extended in front of her. She couldn't help but flinch when her cheek felt the stinging coldness of the black unforgivable ground.

Her gaze drifted outside her cell. The halls were empty and filled with darkness. The only signs of life were herself, and a few mice that made themselves known through their chittering echos. She was the only one imprisoned down here and hardly believed anyone would join her.

No one would ever stoop low to her level. They were too wimpy to do so. Well, except Tirek, she supposed.

She then glanced at the food that Celestia's guards ungraciously gave her. It was two dead spiders and a cockroach. At first, when they served her food on the first day of her capture, she claimed that she would rather starve than eat the food her enemies gave her, but after a day or two, she caved in. That was one of the only times she did so. She wasn't dumb enough to literally starve herself to death. She was even lucky that they gave her food. She certainly wouldn't have done the same thing to certain prisoners of her kingdom.

She turned away from the food and continued to stare out of the cell. Her eyes were glued to the stairs that led up to the gateway of freedom.

Driven mad by boredom, Chrysalis kept hissing to herself as she kicked the ground with one of her front hooves. She shouldn't have suffered down here in the first place. She should've been taking over Equestria by now. It should've been Twilight and her friends who were stuck down here with little to no food. Not her. It only got worse when memories of her defeat against Twilight's pupil began to pop up in her head at random times, and that alone was enough to make Chrysalis' blood boil.

"I swear when I get my hooves onto that fiend," Chrysalis began to mutter to herself as bottled-up rage took over her mind. "I'll make her pay. I'll make her suffer. I'll..." She couldn't even finish her sentence she was that mad.

Her thoughts were now filled with nothing but hatred towards Starlight Glimmer. She was the one who brainwashed her loyal changeling subjects. She was the one who prevented her from escaping. Even though she wasn't directly responsible for locking her up in this cell, it was still her fault nonetheless.

Everything fell into ruin because of Starlight.

Letting out a screech of rage, she punched the wall with her hoof, only to regret it right afterward. She waved her injured hoof out of pain as she looked at the cell's wall, which barely made a dent.

I've grown weaker since I've been here. Chrysalis seethed inside her head.

A few minutes after her short-lived act of rage, the dungeon's door creaked open. She heard someone walking down the stairs and closed the door behind them. Chrysalis' green eyes narrowed as she waited for the figure to appear.

Once it did, Chrysalis couldn't suppress a snarl as she immediately recognized the lilac-colored unicorn. The one that was responsible for putting her where she was now.

"Starlight Glimmer..." Chrysalis said her name in the coldest tone she could've possibly made. "How dare you show your face to me?"

Chrysalis hoped that her icy tone would've made the unicorn flinch or back away. Even just a little. But she didn't. Instead, she looked straight into her eyes and frowned.

"You know, if you simply took my offer of friendship, you wouldn't be here by now," Starlight told her in a soft but somewhat firm tone.

With that, Chrysalis attempted to lunge at the cell, but her chained hind legs didn't get her that far. She bared her fangs towards Starlight, making a loud hissing noise. That was enough to make Starlight back away a few steps.

"Friendship is nothing to me." Chrysalis snarled at the unicorn. "I'd rather stay here and suffer than become your pupil. You or anyone's pupil."

Starlight just stared at her. When she made no response, Chrysalis turned her head away, not bearing to look at her any longer. "What are you doing here, anyway?" she asked in a quieter tone, but her voice remained cold.

"I came to check in on you." The unicorn informed her. "I heard a loud bang, so I came down here to make sure you're not trying to escape."

Chrysalis' only response was a scoff.

Starlight glanced down at Chrysalis' food bowl, then back at her. "I can get you something else to eat besides those bugs." she offered. "The Princesses aren't that cruel. They'll let us offer you other food if you want to."

"Which will never happen," Chrysalis growled. She turned to Starlight and narrowed her eyes. "I don't need anyone's pity. Especially from you."

It was Starlight's turn to narrow her eyes a little, although it wasn't out of anger. Just disappointment. "I know you hate me because I liberated your hive. But I don't regret what I did," she said sternly. Her sign of warmness was gone for now. "You drew first blood by capturing the Princesses, my mentor, and the rest of my friends. What was I supposed to do? Sit back and do nothing?"

"You should have if you knew what's good for you." Chrysalis started to sneer at her. Since Starlight was pushing her buttons, she figured that she should return the favor, and she gained a little idea from it. "I remember seeing the look of fear on your face when I came face-to-face with you. You acted so tough and mighty but deep down, you were afraid. And you still are."

"I'm not afraid of someone who is in chains," Starlight told her calmly.

"Then how about you come in here, free me from my chains and my stupid magic-disabling ring, and we'll see who's really stronger." Chrysalis snickered. She was hoping she was dumb enough to take the bait and fight for her pride.

But, to her disappointment, she didn't budge.

"You can call me a weakling all you want. I've got nothing to prove to you." Starlight responded coolly. "I've got the better end of the deal, here. And if you weren't so caught up in your pride, you would've joined me. And maybe your life would've improved for the better."

"Oh please, as if you were in the same shoes as I am." Chrysalis huffed as she turned her body away from her and began to lie down in an uncomfortable position.

Starlight gave her a long look. Chrysalis knew that the unicorn pitied her, despite what she did and what she said, but she didn't care in the slightest bit. She didn't want anyone's pity, and she meant it.

Finally, the hoofsteps began to fade into the distance and heard the dungeon door open and close.

Alone in the dark once again, Chrysalis closed her eyes and even though she was still in prison, revenge plans were already forming in her head as she tried to get some sleep.

When I get out of here, you better watch your back, Starlight Glimmer.

And that is a promise.