• Published 28th Sep 2023
  • 201 Views, 2 Comments

Mirror Existence - Kentavritsa



She builds, or renders a Cottage for herself and her companion: Twilight Sparkle. The cottage appears to be normal, at the first glance; but inside, it is much larger since the space is folded to make it possible. She finds a Floo in the basement,

  • ...
 2
 201

The Floo(f): 2

.

I had just stepped through the floo, with Twilight by my side.

To the surprise of everyone who saw it; not only did we walk out side by side, Penelope is stepping out between the two of us, as if it had been nothing.

“Curious...” I supply.

”So, there is a Pub, on the other side of the fireplace?” Twilight responds, looking at her surroundings with eager eyes.

“So it would appear!” Penelope responds, with a snicker to her voice.

“What..” a girl close by exclaims; “the cat spoke?” she then inquires.

“Don't be silly..” her sister points out; “not even an Animagus can speak, in her animal form!” she explains; “Professor Minerva McGonagall explained this, last year!” she concludes.

“But, but..” the younger girl sputters; “I swear, the Cat spoke!” she persists.

“Wait, she did?” Penelope inserts.

“Obviously..” the older girl responds, before she realizes who asked.

“Were ARE my Manners..” Penelope exclaims; “My name is Penelope, but I usually go by Neko; Japanese, for Cat” she then elaborates.

“Nice to meet you, Penelope..” Astoria Greengrass responds; “I am Astoria Greengrass!” she continues.

“I am Julie Trotter..” I present myself; “..and it is very nice to meet you, as well!” I continue.

“I am Daphne Greengrass..” she supplies; “Astoria is my younger sister!” Daphne continues; “I'm taking my younger sister to Diagon Alley, to help her acquiring supplies for her upcoming studies at Hogwarts school for Wizardry and Witchcraft!” she concludes.

“While it is an expression commonly applied in polite conversation, but it is nice to meet these two girls!” Penelope ponders, snickering to herself.

“Such a fortuitous event, for us to stumble into you here, at this point in time!” Penelope suggests.

“Indeed!” Daphne exclaims; “A shopping trip is so much more enjoyable, aside from safer in the company!” she puts forth.

“I take it; you have been here before, Daphne?” I inquire.

“Yes, I have!” she confirms; “I go here once a year to buy my supplies for school!” she explains.

“Assuming you had your breakfast, before you arrived; I guess we could go directly to shopping, I think we need a new wardrobe!” I probe.

“Yes, we did..” Astoria confirms; “and I guess going to Madam Malkins is as good a place, as any!” she then continues.

“Shopping for clothes may not be my favourite pastime, but I still need all the clothes I am expected to wear, while I partake in the education!” Twilight puts forth; “And even if I could acquire these clothes elsewhere, it is also an integral part of the experience I am looking forwards to!” she then explains.

“Yes, I guess it is!” Astoria ponders.

While we were talking, we had been walking out of the way; moving over to the back of the pub, ending up facing the wall hiding the entry to the Diagon Alley. “..three across..” Daphne explains, as she moves her wand, tapping the brick.

“How neat!!” I exclaim; Flashy, yet elegant!” I then continue.

“This is the Wizarding way to do things!” Astoria puts forth.

“Yes, I guess it is..” I respond; “If it had been me, setting this up; I would have used a very different method, and you would barely have noticed it in the first place!” I elaborate.

“Oh, yeah; I noticed, back home as I moved in!” Twilight acknowledges.

I notice how Twilight is distracted, as she is focusing on the magic playing out before our very eyes.

“How would you have set it up, Julie?” Astoria inquires.

“I just place the palm of my hand on the surface beside the wall, the door slides out of the way as I spread my fingers..” I suggest; “I guess I could show you, some day; if you were to visit me, back home!” I offer, indirectly inviting them over to Twilight Town without actually stating so.

“Just one floo away, I guess?” Astoria inquires.

“Yes, as convenient as taking the bus..” Twilight suggests; “anyone can take the bus, right?” she suggests.

“Yes, any Witch or Wizard could take the Knight Bus; even in the middle of the day, or when fleeing from danger!” she continues.

“It can be a bit discomforting, but at least anyone can..” Daphne supplies; “it is safe and convenient; even if some find it less than comforting!” she suggests.

“This looks like a narrow backstreet with the cobblestones and all!” Twilight mumbles, as she finally notices where we are going.

“We have none of these, back home in Twilight Town!” I put forth.

“Twilight town?” Astoria exclaims; “Where is that? “ she inquires; “I have never heard of it!” she elaborates.

“Sorry, it can not be found on any map..” Twilight points out; “the community is too new, I guess!” she explains.

“It's but a floo away!” I point out; “Just say; Twilight Town. And you go to the town hall of Twilight Town!” I exclaim.

“Some of us likes to be ahead of the curve; blazing the trends, so we have both a Town Hall and Floo!” Twilight supplies.

“Yeah, at least you do have those!” Astoria acknowledges.

“Oh, and here we are..” Penelope proclaims; “Madam Malkins; Robes for all Occasions!” she elaborates.

Astoria opens the door, and we spill into the room. All four of us, and Penelope the Cat. The door chime goes off, thus informs Madam Malkin of our arrival. I am sure, she is enjoying a few out of season visits like ours. She had to sit around, watching the store, for next to no return; just in case someone needs a robe or some other clothes.

“Greetings, Children; welcome to Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions!” she exclaims.

“Aw, a Cat!” Malkin exclaims, as Penelope makes her review in her store.

“Yes, but of course!” Penelope responds; “Greetings, Madam Malkin!” she then continues.

“I heard, you were permitted a Familiar at Hogwarts; so I brought my cat: Penelope with me!” I point out, snickering.

“Yes, Cats are on the list of permitted Familiars at Hogwarts!” she confirms.

“That is very convenient..” I put forth; “because I would hate to leave her behind, for several months at a time!” I explain.

“I understand!” Malkin responds; “so, who goes first?” she then continues.

“Astoria..” I offer, pushing Daphne's little sister to the front of the line.

“Thank you, Julie!” she responds, as she is accepting the place at the front of the line.

As we watch, Malkin starts measuring Astoria; before she moves over and select the black fabric for the first robe, intended for her to wear. Once she has assembled the pieces of fabric into a single garment, she fastens the individual parts into a united suit; before she fuses the fabric into a wearable robe for Astoria, finally copying it into the full selection of robes.

While Malkin is working, her first and second assistants quietly move into the room; “Next girl..” the first and second assistant announce; “Here!” I respond; “Here!” Twilight responds; whereupon we step over to the respective assistant.

The process is identical, so I do not exactly miss out on anything. I just get to experience to be the target of the attention; which is an experience all on its own, I'd might add.

Astoria's order is finished, as Malkin select each additional garment to fill out the order. Of course; which Twilight and I will have our own set, soon enough.

Once Astoria's order is packaged; Daphne produces the coins to pay for the ensembles and claim the package for Astoria.

Twilight and I pay for our respective order, before accepting the packages respectively.

<---- --- --->