• Published 18th Feb 2024
  • 116 Views, 0 Comments

Legend of Spyro: Era of Peace - Robert Emerald Fountain



Flurry Heart must help Spyro and Cynder destroy Malefor.

  • ...
 0
 116

The Vision

After defeating Malefor, Spyro and Cynder became mates and started protecting each other. Eventually, twelve years later, Spyro and Cynder were living in a cave they had claimed in a mountain range near the dragon temple. During the last few months, Cynder had been feeling sick and Spyro decided that they needed to consult the other guardians. The earth guardian, Terrador, determined that Cynder had become pregnant, which came as both a shock and a burst of excitement for the two young dragons.

**

Spyro was returning to the cave late one evening with two spirit gems to help Cynder deal with pain from the egg developing in her belly.

"You're back.", whispered Cynder as Spyro entered the cave and laid down next to her in the nest.

"I found two gems to help ease the pain.", said Spyro quietly as he nuzzled Cynder.

As Cynder held the gems against her scales and absorbed them, she and Spyro slowly drifted off to sleep for the night. However, as they slept, they heard a familiar voice.

"Did you really think I would stay sealed forever?", cackled an evil voice.

"Malefor!", shrieked the two dragons.

The evil purple dragon released a blast of energy that enveloped the two mates and reduced them to ashes, and then he spread his wings and flew out over the world to veil the realms in darkness.

In a flash, both Spyro and Cynder shot out of their sleep and found themselves sweating. They'd had a nightmare, and were feeling weary of what they had seen.

"Could he have escaped somehow?", Cynder asked in nervousness.

"I don't know, but I know we must stop him if he has.", said Spyro in a state of rage.

**

The next morning, Spyro and Cynder had decided to talk to the guardians after they woke up.

"You sealed him and saved the world.", said Volteer.

"Yes, and you did a spectacular job in the process.", said Cyril.

"If he has returned, you two are the last hope for the safety of the realms.", said Terrador.

Just then, a flash of light blinded the dragons for a few seconds and quickly subsided to reveal a dragon that they all knew too well.

"Ignitus, is that you?", asked Cynder.

"Yes, it is me. I was chosen to be the new Chronicler.", said the dragon.

"I am led to assume that you know what Cynder and I are expecting soon.", said Spyro.

"Yes, I felt it as the recent months passed. Congratulations to both of you.", said Ignitus.

"We've had a vision that has left our scales rattling.", said Cynder.

"Did you sense the same thing that Cynder and I saw in our nightmare last night?", asked Spyro.

"Yes Spyro, and that is why I have come. Malefor has somehow escaped again and he has found a new target.", replied Ignitus.

"Where is this place in relation to the realms?", asked Cynder through angrily gritted teeth.

"This land is nowhere near the realms in our world. It turns out that this land, called Equestria, exists in another universe.", explained Ignitus as he led everyone to the pool of visions.

As the dragons watched the images flash through the pool, they noticed that there were dragons residing in the land, which came as a slight relief that Spyro and Cynder would not be seen as invaders.