• Published 16th Aug 2023
  • 260 Views, 5 Comments

Protectors of the Nations - ChildishWriter



How I think things could have gone for the young six had their story continued

  • ...
 5
 260

Coming Back

Author's Note:

I hope everybody enjoys this new story this is just the plot I guess to set a few things up so it will be shorter then most. I'm not sure how long other chapter will be but ' episode 1' is being written right now.

if you have any suggestions you can let me know in the comments or message me privately.
have a good day and stay hydrated 👍

~~The childish Writer :)

PS- Sorry for any typos ill fix them eventually

For so early in the morning and with the sun rising only a few hours ago Ponyvill was already busy at work today. Everypony was getting ready for the arrival of the friendship students.
Last year there wasn't much fuss about it, but since the battle of the bell, the town decided to throw a party to celebrate the heroes' return who helped bring their nations together to defeat the legion of doom.
This had first been an idea Twilight had suggested to her friends who had of course agreed and as she asked around everypony was ecstatic and wanted to help out any way they could! Whether it was by baking, decoration, music playing, entertaining, or just by showing up and supporting the function, every creature pitched in with their own special way.

As mentioned before the town was highly chaotic today. Ponies from all across Equestria decided to come and join in on the celebration, and even a few creatures from outside the country decided to come along, such as the Dragons, Griffins, Changelings, Yaks, and hippogriffs! Every creature was excited to celebrate such a marvelous group of kids.

Even though everybody was excited about the party. the most enthusiastic of them all had to be Sandbar. Sandbar had been a part of the infamous group and could wait to reunite with his best friends. Since the day they went to their own countries, he had been counting down the days till their return. The six of them had been writing back and forth to each other all summer long, talking about the fun they were gonna have this year and how thrilled they were to see each other. As of right now he is going through and organizing the letters his friends have sent him.

52 from Yona
37 from Gallus
33 from Ocellus
27 from Smolder
15 from Silverstream

He loved to keep the letters he gets from people in a little box. He loved to re-read them sometimes if he was feeling nostalgic or just missed the creature.

" Ok I have the letters, my notebooks, pencils, stuffed turtle, clothes, hats, pictures, hairbrush...." he continued to read off everything he need to bring to the school with him.

*Knock* * knock* "Sandbar sweetie it's almost time to go" he heard his mom say from the other side of his door. "OK ill be there in a minute!" He replied. He double-checked again as he put everything in boxes. The walk from His house to the school was a very chaotic one. Sandbar was stopped every five minutes and asked to take a photo with random strangers he'd never met, some didn't even ask they just took photos of his walking, some would ask questions some related to the battle...some not so much.

"what's it like have different creatures as friends?"
same as having any other friends

"Is Princess Silverstream single"
"No back off"

"What was it like facing death right in the eye"
Umm no comment

"is it true your in a polyamorous with the other creatures?"
What! No, I'm only dating one creature. Yona.

"What is it like sharing a room with a griffin"
Umm loud

"Are you racist"
yes. defiantly

"Is it true one of them is a drug addict"
No. don't listen to those rumors

These questions get out of hand. some are fun, others are just weird.

~~~~~~~~~

Sandbar finished setting up the dorm room he'd be sharing for the next 10 months. When he finished setting up his bed he looked at the time, 3 hours until they would be here, not knowing what to do with the wait time he decided to lay in bed, listen to music and zone out for a few minutes.

Sandbar loves music it feels like a free therapy session. It helps him to think about things that need to be addressed but never find the time for them. He thinks back to all the ponies who were lining up wanting to talk to him, take photos, and just be near him. It was so weird these ponies, who he had known all his life, wanted autographs from him. the same ponies who thought he was weird for hanging with the "New Kids" when the school was first built. Most had apologized for their rudeness years back while others haven't said a thing.
It's so strange how they can just turn around and act like nothing happened. He hoped he never did that, he doesn't wanna be like those people, the people who pretend to like certain things when everybody else does then hate the same thing the next day. it just doesn't make any sense, Ponies need to make up their mind.


Right in Infront of the friendship castle was where everything had been set up, on the top was the balcony was had Flags representing each nation were put up showing where each creature would be dropped off and proceeded to be welcomed, given gifts, praised for their good work.
The new leader of Equestria Princess Twilight Sparkle stood at the edge of the balcony along with her 6 friends and Sandbar who eagerly looked up at the sky. The teen pony was trotting in place trying to be patient but failing miserably.

"Sandbar you're more jittery than pinkie pie," Twilight said motioning to a frantic pinkie pie who was bouncing off the wall with excitement..Literally. OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!!! She proceeded to bounce off the balcony in the normal pinkie fashion. " I don't think I'm quite to that point yet but I am super excited!! Plus it's so cool that all these ponies came just to see us!" He looked out into the crowd some ponies were wearing t-shirts that said things such as ' I <3 Yaks ' and others had signs that said ' I love the Hippos ' which in his opinion is not the best abbreviation for hippogriffs.

Rainbow Dash put her hoof around Sandbar " Yeah, Yeah it can be fun and all but don't let the fame get to you too much. Trust me too much attention can be a bad thing. I can get into your head y'know, make you do some pretty stupid stuff." Sandbar just brushed it off " Oh please we will be fine. "

as Sandbar looked at the flags of his friend's countries he noticed something odd about the order. "Umm Princess Twilight, why aren't the flags in order of when you met each nation? shouldn't it go Dragons, Griffins, Changelings, Yaks, and hippogriffs?" The order Twilight had chosen to do was Dragons, Changelings, Yaks, Hippogriffs, and Griffins.

"Yes well, we decided to..." With a flashy smile Twilight darted her eyes to her friends trying to get one of them to help. Finally, Rarity spoke up "We wanted to have Griffin's and Hippogriffs together since they share a closer bond considering they're both from a close descent."

That was such a white lie a blind pony could see it...
Sandbar was going to push his question further but there was a sudden sound in the sky. Trumpets. The royal guard was blowing trumpets signaling that the special guests have arrived.

As the crowd below cheered Sandbar felt all his worries wash away, all the questions he had, all the feelings of nervousness went away as he saw his friends coming back.


Twilight turned to face the crowd "Attention everybody. Please welcome back our beloved students and their leaders as they prepare to stay another year in our land." with that every creature cheered excited to see their beloved heroes.

Sandbar wasn't paying attention to the crowd as they cheered him and his friend's names, he was watching the sky and he was the 5 creatures coming. First, he saw Smolder who was accompanied by her brother and Dragonlord Ember. He watched as the orange dragon flew in his direction, when they made eye contact Sandbar smiled at her excited to greet his friend.

Smolder smirked which confused the young pony not prepared for what was gonna happen next. Before Smolder hit the balcony she did a full 180 as she dipped down towards the crowd which caused them to go crazy, When she reached the center of the ponies she shot straight up spinning in a 360 wrapping her wings around her torso. When she hit the same height as the clouds she shot down to her final destination. which was next to Sandbar.

When she landed the crowd cheered louder and Sandbar could feel the floor under him shake a bit. Smolder looked at her pony friend As she waved to her fans.
"like my entrance? I've been practicing. I bet I looked super cool"

"Little extra if you ask me. But I'm surprised you didn't try to shoot fire out of your big mouth when you spun."

" I wanted to but Ember thought it would be a safety hazard or whatever" She rolled her eyes."

"Yeah, and Twilight wouldn't be happy about it either. Don't wanna get in trouble before we even start school."

"I'd beat Gallus record. Look there's Ocellus!! Cheer loud." With that Smolder started clapping her claws and cheering very loudly. Even though he knew she would get embarrassed he still yelled "Yeah Celly!!!!" As the changeling got closer the two creatures saw the annoyed and embarrassed look on her face.

"Oh shit, I think we made her mad," Smolder said through a laugh. "Welp it's a good thing they can't drain us anymore or else we would probably be dead as soon as she gets down here" Sandbar whispered so only she could hear.

Smolder tried not to burst out laughing. "yeah we will just get yelled at. Still kinda scary though,"

"Smolder stand up straight" Ember demanded

"What up her scales?" Sandbar asked.

"She just wants to look good in Infront of Thorax. There is so much Cel and I have to tell you guys"

Sandbar Nodded excited to hear about Thorax and Ember, Ocellus and Smolder have been trying to get them together for a bit now hopefully they made some progress during the summer.

Ocellus, along with Thorax and Pharynx, landed next to the dragons. Ocellus bucked Smolder on the head " You lizard I told you not to do that! and you got Sandbar involved what the hay!"

"Oh come on it was funny" Smolder proclaimed. Ocellus rolled her eyes not looking pleased. "I hate both of you."
Smolder patted Ocellus on the head "No, No, No sweet Celly, you love us" The blue changelings glare intensified "your lucky we're reformed."
Thorax poked his head between the young creatures "What did you say Ocellus?"
"Nothing! Nothing!"

"I don't want you saying that especially in public...Understand" Ocellus looked down "Yeah I know.."

"Nice Job taking initiative Thorax I've taught you well," Ember said. The king blushed "Thanks I've been practicing."
Ocellus and Smolder looked at each other and smiled, Smolder turned to Sandbar, "We've made progress" She mouthed.

"Yaks back Yaks back Yaks back Yaks back"

"you guys hear that?" Smolder asked excitedly. The three young creatures look to the ground trying to find where the Yaks were coming from, everybody was able to hear the stomping...but nobody could feel it.

"Yaks back Yaks back Yaks back Yaks back"

"Look up in the sky!" Somebody yelled, and sure enough up in the sky was a brown carriage carrying 2 yaks, Prince Rutherfurd and Yona. The 3 creatures began to cheer as Yona came down. "How can two yaks make so much noise?" Ocellus wondered
"That's what your wondering? I wanna know-how in the world that thing is flying" Sandbar seemed mesmerized at this idea. As he saw his girlfriend approaching he realized how much he really missed her, sure she had visited a few times during the summer but it didn't feel like much time. He was so happy she was back.

"You're smiling like a dork," Smolder said
"Aww did somebody miss his Girlfriend" Ocellus added
"I thought you were mad at her. why are you provoking this?"

"Because Sand.Bar. That was literally 5 minutes ago" Smolder explained

"Yeah..besides ill get her back later"

Smolder seemed nervous by what she said. "what- what are you going to do? When are you gonna do it?"
"you'll see" Ocellus innocently smiled. which didn't help in the situation at all. "Is some-creature a scaredy dragon" The pony mocked.

"Shut up ill burn you"
"Still a better fate than whatever the shapeshifters gonna do to you."

Yaks back yaks back yaks back!!

Yona proceeded to hop out of the carriage which shook the castle causing a few ponies to almost fall over. "Do friends like Yona's song?" the young Yak asked.
"It was great Yona" Sandbar answered.

before Any creature could talk to each other trumpets suddenly started playing.
"Those no sound like pony music"
"No it's the hippogriffs music" Ocellus explained

Appearing from the clouds was a golden carriage with Green, purple, and blue gems on the sides, a statue of a hippogriff on one side, and a seapony on the other. The carriage, instead of going right to the balcony did a lap around the castle.
" Is Silverstream brother visiting? " Yona asked. As the other creatures looked they saw that Silverstream's brother Terramar was in the carriage riding alongside her.
"If he's here... wouldn't their parents want to come with them?" Sandbar questioned. "Maybe they come later"

Before hopping off their ride, the three hippogriffs waved to the crowd who was going ballistic.
"And you called my entrance extra" Smolder complained.
"Oh please. that was literally 5 minutes ago" Sandbar joked.

"I still don't see why we didn't just fly, It's way more fun," Silverstream said as the trio floated down to the balcony.
"It's called being safe Silverstream. Which you clearly don't know the meaning of" General Seaspray snapped.
"Ok, you don't have to be so rude. I was just making a statement" Silver explained.

"Well they look happy" Ocellus whispered to Yona

Silverstream faced her friends "Hey guys!! Isn't this awesome! A whole party just for us!! Oooo What an honor!" She did her best to contain her excitement. "Don't screw it up Silverstream. Remember who you are."
Sandbar looked at Silver, whose smile was very bright as if she wasn't just insulted, then at Terramar who gave a quick glare to the General.

"Yes! I'm well aware of who and what I am" Her smile increased it was almost to her eyes. "Everybody has been reminding me Every. Single. Day." She said through her teeth as she still held that smile.

Every creature was silent for a second. a high awkward second, "Hey look there's Gallus!!" Sandbar called out.
Everybody ran to the end of the balcony excitedly awaiting the arrival of their final friend. Every creature was cheering and clapping as Gallus and Gruff flew in and landed on the balcony.

"Really you didn't do anything special? I'm surprised you didn't do at least a flip or something" Silver Joked
"That's how you welcome me back? Not a 'Hey Gallus it's nice to see you" The griffin laughed

"Whatever come here" Silver through her arms around the bluebird giving him a big hug and soon all their friends joined in happy to be all together again.
"For your information, my land was pretty graceful if you ask me," Gallus claimed
"Eh I'm pretty sure I saw you slip a bit" Silver joked, Gallus made a face as if he was hurt by what the hippogriff had said.

"Attention every creature!!" Twilight announced abruptly.
The young six who were right next to her winced at the sudden loud noise. "I see she has been working on her traditional Canterlot voice" Silverstream exclaimed as she covered her ears. "She's really good! I can still feel my ears ringing" She chuckled. To that Gallus just patted her on the head.

"The School open house will start at 3pm for students to register, Sign in, get their schedules, and make dorm arrangements. I hope to see you all there!!"


The crowed cheered as everybody began to go into the castle. "So what do you want us to do Twilight? Need help setting up?" Ocellus asked. "Not even a full day and your already acting like a teachers pet" Gallus joked

Twilight shot a look at the young bird. "thank you for offering Ocellus but we don't need any help. but I still need you Six."

Silverstream who was trying her best to hold in her excitement finally spoke " OOo What is it ? Scavenger hunt? Need help defeating another crazy villain? did you get new stairs? Are you getting medals? Do we get another party?"

"Silverstream!" General Seaspray yelled. Silver immediately stopped and flew back to wear she was, which had been in-between Gallus and Smolder. she let out a nervous chuckle " Sorry Mis Twilight"

"Its alright Silverstream. But no I have a few important matters I need to discuss with you Six."