• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,203 Views, 18 Comments

My Little Pony: Fringe - LittleBoyBlue



Twilight Sparkle gets admitted into a secret division....

  • ...
1
 18
 1,203

Graham Crackers

In the woods again. Running from something, unknown. Twilight, as a filly, was panting with exhaustion. She hid behind a tree, trembling with fear.
"Oh please Celestia," she prayed. "Make it stop." She was careful not to raise her voice above a whisper, as she sobbed quietly, closing her eyes in fear.
She then could hear hoofsteps walking around the forest. She held her breath, tears streaming down her face. She kept listening as the hooves grew closer, and closer.
Twilight couldn't bear it anymore, and slowly opened her eyes.
There was nothing there. The hoofsteps stopped. She looked to her left, then to her right. She then sighed in relief.
As she got up, however, she heard a twig crunch.
She quickly turned to see a large, shadowy figure of a stallion in front of her.
She screamed in horror, as the shadow got closer.
~~~~~
Twilight woke up from her bed.
It was morning already, and she found herself in a cold sweat. She was still panting after that dreaded nightmare.
She looked around her room. Safe at home.
She then calmed herself down and started breathing normally.
She sat there, in complete silence, enjoying the sounds of the morning.
Twilight then got off her bed and headed toward her shower room.
~~~~
"Morning Spike." Twilight said, smiling at the baby dragon.
"Good morning Twilight" he replied.
"Any mail from the princess?" She asked, as she began to eat her breakfast.
"Ummm.... yeah! Its your badge and documents for Frin-"
"SHHHHH!!!!!" Twilight hissed at him.
"Oh. Right. Sorry. Just your badge and documents."
"Good. I'll need them for my first day today."
Spike rolled his eyes.
"Why can't I say it's name Twilight?"
"Because the princess gave me strict orders not to tell anypony about it. And since you eavesdropped when I received the enlistment form," Spike gave a sheepish grin. "You have to keep this under wraps too."
"Fine. But I still don't get why we have to be so secretive about it's name."
Twilight shrugged, as she finished her meal. She then got up from the table and grabbed her badge and documents. She then headed towards the door.
"Bye Spike! I'll be back by nine!"
"Bye Twilight! Good luck!"
Twilight waved, as she left the house to her destination.
~~~~
"Hello?" Twilight said, as she looked around what appeared to be a lab of some sorts. She checked the address on her letter.
"Yep. This is the place..." She walked closer to a set of beakers. They were filled with strange, colored liquids all of different volumes.
Twilight extended her hoof to a bright blue one.
"Don't touch that." Twilight jumped when she heard an elderly voice. She turned around to see a dark yellow Earth Pony, with short grey hair and solid grey eyes. He was wearing a lab coat and goggles on his forehead.
"There's some very dangerous chemicals here. For example..." He made his way next to Twilight and pointed at a beaker full of a clear liquid.
"What do you, my dear, think that chemical is?"
Twilight inspected the solution.
"Looks like hydrogen peroxide to me." She replied.
The old Earth Pony gave a grin.
"Ah. I see you know a bit of chemistry as well." Twilight gave a sheepish grin.
"However, no it is not, hydrogen peroxide..." Twilight gave a confused look.
"Its.....its not?" She asked.
"It is actually a new compound I've made," He lifted the beaker up in front of him.
"Ethylene glycol. Quite toxic. One cupful of this solution ingested, and it will result in death." He then brought it closer to Twilight.
"Take a sniff my dear." Twilight, being ever so curious, wafted the scent.
"Smells...."
"Sweet?"
"Yes." She said, nodding.
He gave a single nod, as he put the beaker back on the table.
"All these chemicals in front of you are very dangerous. Like that cyanide, that ricin, and many others."
"What about the one I was about to touch?" She asked.
"Oh. That's just barbicide." Twilight gave an even more confused look.
"Why do you have that liquid they keep in jars at barbershops?"
"To keep my barber tools clean of course!" He said matter-of-factly.
Twilight was beginning to think that this old pony was just a bit loco in the coco.
He suddenly stopped and turned around to look at Twilight.
"You're...Twilight Sparkle... am I correct?"
Twilight nodded. "Yes sir. Princess Celestia's Personal Student." She smiled proudly.
"Ah. The princess. Haven't seen her in a while." He mumbled to himself.
"I'm sorry?" Twilight asked.
"Nothing." He then gave a smile.
"Hello. My name is Dr. Walter Bishop!"
"Its a pleasure to meet you." Twilight extended her hoof.
"The pleasure is all mine Twilight." He took her hoof like a gentlecolt and shook it.
After the hoofshake, Twilight began to explore more of the lab.
Walter looked at her and sighed.
"My, how you have grown....."
Suddenly, the door burst open, and a light blue Earth pony and a mahogany pegasus burst in the door, carrying what appeared to be an unconscious pony like shape.
"Walter," the blue stallion said. "You should see this..."
Walter then turned to the carrier.
"Hold on a minute Peter! Aspen! Quick! Get me my graham crackers!"
The pegasus mare rolled her eyes.
"Its Astrid. Coming right up Walter." She flew off to the cupboard, leaving Peter and Twilight alone.
"So......you're name's Peter?" Twilight asked, nervously.
"Yes." He said in affirmation. "I assume you've met my dad? Walter?"
"ASPEN! Graham Crackers!" The grey Earth pony shouted.
"I can't find them Walter!" Replied the mare.
"Try the 3rd level, behind the chlorine! Quick! Its a matter of life or death!"
"He's your father?" Twilight asked in disbelief.
Peter gave her a strange look.
"Oops. Heh heh, I don't mean to be rude or anything-"
"No, its all right. I know." He looked at his dad. "He's so random."
"Funny. That's exactly how one of my friends act like."
Peter smirked.
"Well, then let's make sure they don't ever meet, okay?"
Twilight giggled.
"I Pinkie Promise!"
Peter gave a slightly confused face.
"Pinkie Promise?"
"I'll explain later. Oh! By the way, my name is Twilight Sparkle."
"Peter Bishop. Welcome to Fringe Division." They both shook hooves.
"Found it!" Astrid said, flying back to the carrier.
"Good! Hand it over!" Walter made it to the carrier and leaned over it.
"What's wrong?" Twilight asked.
"This." Peter said, unstrapping the body. It revealed a normal green pegasus. However, there was a certain object sticking out of her forehead.
"A horn?!" Twilight exclaimed.
Walter began to eat the crackers.
"Really? That's what you needed them for?" Astrid said, giving a scolding look to Walter.
"What? I was hungry."
"Looks like the princesses aren't the only ones anymore..." Peter said.
Then, very slowly, the mare opened her eyes...
~~~~