• Published 26th Aug 2023
  • 530 Views, 15 Comments

The Return of Unicornia - StormLuna



It had been 1,500 years ago since Princess Celestia and Princess Luna attempted to defeat the queen of Unicornia but before they could, she cast a spell to cause it to disappear. Unicornia is back now and so is its queen.

  • ...
3
 15
 530

A Tense Mother/Daughter Discussion

When the two returned to the throne room everypony's attention turned to the two. Discord was the first to speak, "So Luna, did Celestia tell you about Twilight's origins?"

Luna replied, "She did and as it turns out...." Luna then stopped as she decided that it would be Celestia who would tell them about Shining Armor. She nudged Celestia and ordered, "Tell them."

Celestia sighed deeply, "Well everypony, there is something that I have to admit. Twilight and Starlight aren't my only children."

Everypony gasped and immediately Applejack knew, "Wait just an apple picking minute, Shining Armor is yours too?"

Celestia was shocked that Applejack so easily figured it out, "Applejack, how did you know?"

Applejack threw her hooves up in the air and yelled, "Because of his cutie mark! I figured that when we discovered that Twilight is yours that he likely was too."

Most all of them were in shock but Rarity was more angry than shocked. "Princess Celestia darling, you knew this yet you allowed him and Cadence to get married even though they're cousins?"

Rainbow added, "Don't you know how illegal that is?"

Celestia replied, "Actually, they are not cousins. Princess Cadence was adopted into the royal family." She saw all of Twilight's friends giving her suspicious looks and added, "Look, it is something that we can discuss later but for now I need to go and get Twilight so we can go to the Crystal Empire."

Celestia then headed to the room where Twilight was. While Twilight wasn't crying anymore, Celestia figured that she was likely still in there. She knocked on the door and asked, "Twilight, can we talk?"

Twilight angrily screamed, "No! I don't want to deal with you right now!"

Celestia knew that communicating with her daughter was going to be difficult but then she remembered one thing from their last interaction. She remembered how Twilight blasted a hole in the wall so she went to the adjacent room and discovered that Twilight had nearly leveled an entire wall. She went in and stepped through the hole. She then addressed Twilight, "Twilight, there is something I have to reveal to you but we need to take a trip to the Crystal Empire."

Twilight looked up at Celestia with a look of hatred in her eyes. She snapped, "Oh, what are you going to do, tell Shining Armor that him and I aren't actually related." She then stared towards her flank briefly and realized that this was something else completely. It then crossed her mind that her brother's cutie mark was very similar to her own. When she realized this a new wave of anger and hurt spread over her, "What, you mean Shining Armor is yours too?"

This was something that Celestia was really hoping she wouldn't figure out so quickly but knew she had to be truthful. She sighed sadly, "He is and we're about to head up to the Crystal Empire to break....."

Twilight let out a loud scream and then became engulfed in flames. Inside the flames Celestia saw a furious white Alicorn giving her a look of pure hate. When the flames died out, Celestia saw that her daughter had a singed mane and tail. She would then receive an angry yell, "Oh and what, tell Shining Armor that he married his cousin? So you can dissolve their marriage?"

Celestia knew that she had to put Twilight's concerns over Shining Armor and Cadence at ease quickly, "Twilight, Princess Cadence is not actually related to me. Nopony knows who her birth parents are but she was taken in by a loving family and ultimately had a confrontation with an enchantress named Prismia. Prismia did some very bad things but Cadence was able to get her to see the error of her ways, she went to the same place you did when I ascended you and after that, I adopted her as my niece and deemed her as the Princess of Love."

This initially calmed Twilight down as her concerns regarding her brother marrying his cousin was put at ease but very quickly her anger returned. She screamed, "Ok, Cadence isn't related to us but still, I can't believe you. I can't believe you let both of us live complete lies! I can't believe you would adopt us out!" She paused before screaming, "But Starlight, she got to be raised by you! Why her but not us? What made her so special, was it because of her magical powers, because Discord is her father?"

Celestia quickly replied, "Twilight, let me explain."

Twilight was still very agitated but agreed to hear her out. Celestia began, "Twilight, you must understand that Equestrian culture was very different back then. Back then, Luna and I weren't viewed as goddesses like we are now. Back then nopony thought anything different over royalty having foals than they would their neighbors."

Twilight angrily asked, "Oh and I want to know this Celestia, who is my father anyway?"

Celestia attempted to respond, "Twilight, you can call me mom now......"

Twilight sharply cut her off, "No, you should be lucky I'm talking to you at all." She paused before continuing, "Now tell me, who is my father?"

Celestia replied, "Your father's name is Steel Shield. He was my personal guard...."

Twilight again cut her off, "And your secret lover too." She again let out another scream, "Your lover because you couldn't control your urges?" She paused briefly before asking, "Who else? Do I have any other siblings I should know about?"

Celestia knew how angry Twilight was but hoped that what she would tell her next would cause her to calm down some, "No Twilight. It is just you, Shining Armor and Starlight."

Twilight glared at Celestia and asked, "But still, you lied to us about our origins. You pawned us off on somepony else and what I would like to know is what kind of deal you made with those I always called mom and dad to keep this from us. What sort of deal did you make with them?"

Celestia replied, "Twilight, we were just good friends and they offered to take you two in to hide the truth."

This only angered Twilight further, "Oh so not only did you not want to raise my brother and I because of what society would think but Night Light and Twilight Velvet were in on you hiding this too?" She paused briefly before calming down a bit, "I would like to know another thing about my biological father, where is he? Did you banish him somewhere after I was born to keep him silent."

Celestia was quickly becoming nervous because she knew that if Twilight was anything like her half-sister, that her anger could amplify her powers. She replied, "Twilight, after you were conceived I sent him off to Manehattan to be the captain of the guard there....."

Twilight snapped, "What, he never even got to see me? You just sent him away because you two conceived, again?" She briefly paused before screaming, "You know what, I really wish you'd never told me about this! I would rather have kept on living this lie than having my whole world ripped apart by you fessing up." She paused before continuing, "I have a strong feeling that my brother is probably going to be just as mad as I am at you for hiding all this and letting us live this lie!"

Celestia attempted to say something but Twilight continued, "Whatever, now let's go up to the Crystal Empire so my brother can learn the truth about who his real mother is."

Twilight then unlocked the door and left the room, followed by Celestia. Celestia was becoming more sick to her stomach because of this. She knew that she had messed up and began to realize that lying to Applejack would have been better than telling the truth. She then realized it would come out one way or another had Applejack called her out on it. All she could hope for was that any kind of relationship she had with her daughter would not be destroyed by this.