• Published 15th Jul 2023
  • 385 Views, 10 Comments

Imperfect - Incandesca

  • ...
2
 10
 385

I Had a Dream

She saw herself looking down upon them all.

A throne of gold, marble, and velvet cradled her dearly. Upon her perfect body, she wore the finest silks, the purest jewels.

Gone were the lines of age on her face. Her eyes shone magenta - imperious, cold, and calculating. The mask of immortal beauty hid an ageless, eternal goddess who held in her the voice of angels.

When she sang of sorrow, the heavens wept, and the seas raged. When she sang of joy, the sun and moon themselves shone brighter. None could withstand.

Above her breasts, embedded in the skin, the gem of her siren pendant burned bright. Now, a part of her body, it could never again be taken from her.

There, at the top of the world, she smiled.

Immense wealth and grand architecture rose all around her, built and gathered in her honor and hers alone. Below, the groveling masses worshipped, blessing the very air she breathed.

One hand grasped a chalice of fine, crimson wine. The other clutched a dagger, terribly sharp. From one she slit the throats of her enemies, and from the other she drank their pitiful life.

She would never be felled. Not ever again.

And she would own the world.