• Published 30th Jun 2023
  • 268 Views, 14 Comments

On the Road to '63 - niBBoi



A collection of short Equestria at War fanfiction.

  • ...
 14
 268

The Harmonic Alliance

An excerpt from a 1060's Equestrian high school textbook:

“The Harmonic Alliance is an international alliance of democratic and/or harmonist nations focused on economic and military cooperation and is the brainchild of Equestrian leadership during the 1020's and 1030's which represented Equestria’s radical shift in foreign policy at the time in the wake of the Great War and the Black Crusade. Some of its most notable members are Equestria, the Griffonian Empire, the River Federation, the Olenian-Changeling Commonwealth, and the Kingdom of Wingbardy with Equestria and the Griffonian Empire being the de facto leaders of the alliance.

“In terms of the economic side of the Harmonic Alliance, member states are involved in open trade, foreign investments, and general financial aid not just amongst themselves but with other countries as well.

“Meanwhile, the alliance is also a military one. There are two kinds of military cooperation that the Harmonic Alliance provides.

“The first is the Joint Military Forces of the Harmonic Alliance (or 'the Joint Military Forces' , 'the Joint Forces', or 'JMFHA' for short) which is an active coalition of alliance member states that act as the main military body of the alliance and is currently comprised of only twelve members: Equestria, the Griffonian Empire, the River Federation, the Olenian-Changeling Commonwealth, the Kingdom of Wingbardy, the Kingdom of Aquileia, the Crystal Empire, the Republic of New Mareland, the Kingdom of Hippogriffia, the Republic of Severnaya, Kiria, and the Republic of Nova Griffonia. The Joint Forces provide mutual defense for its members while obligating them to help each other in joint military and disaster-relief operations around the world.

“The second kind of military cooperation that the Harmonic Alliance provides is the Allied Military Defense Program (or 'AMDP' for short). This gives military protection for the rest of the Harmonic Alliance (that are usually second or third world countries unable to feasibly meet financial and military obligations attached with JMFHA membership) which is provided by JMFHA members. Both the JMFHA and members of the AMDP are obligated to participate in joint military exercises and the sharing of military knowledge and expertise.

“Overall, the Harmonic Alliance is a true giant of the modern era, and it can be said that it is directly responsible for the continued prosperity of the world as well as the meteoric rise of both Equestrian and Griffonian political, economic, military, and cultural influence across the entire world.”