• Published 30th Jun 2023
  • 266 Views, 14 Comments

On the Road to '63 - niBBoi



A collection of short Equestria at War fanfiction.

  • ...
 14
 266

Stains of the Past (non-canon)

A country called Chiropterra is in total panic. Sirens blare at every major city as the skies are lit up by a frantic flurry of anti-air fire. It seems like the end is nigh for the remnants of the Chiropterran armed forces as they are hammered by a dizzying combo of a ground invasion from the east, a naval invasion in the west, and an airborne invasion in the middle.

The Equestrian government was unsure about militarily intervening in the affairs of their North Zebrican allies, especially after having just recovered from the Great War. However, the Equestrians seemed to have changed their minds completely once reports of a drastic escalation of the conflict between Hippogriffia and Chiropterra reached Canterlot.

Unwilling to leave their allies to die and take the full brunt of the horrors of war, the princesses of Equestria eventually agreed to send an official expeditionary force composed of several full-sized divisions, a number of tactical and strategic air wings, and a significant detachment of naval forces taken from the Celestial Sea fleet. With much needed heavy reinforcements from Equestria, Hippogriffia and their allies were able to quickly gain back lost territory in a renewed counteroffensive, and soon, the allied coalition was launching an invasion of the Chiropterran homeland.

The allied forces enjoy overwhelming naval and air superiority as North Zebrican allied troops rumble across the east and Equestrian and Hippogriffian royal marines storm the beaches west. Equestrian airborne forces attached with Solar and Lunar Guards special regiments drop from the skies and infiltrate enemy lines with the elite veteran units of the Great War proceeding to make short work of the Chiropterran garrisons that are caught off-guard by their daring maneuvers. As allied forces wage war, S.M.I.LE operatives cause further chaos deep inside enemy territory - the organization's experience with and legendary reputation in hunting down changeling infiltrators, deceiving the VOPS, and suppressing extremist Lunarist rebels in the Equestrian southeast proving to be very valuable as allied intelligence run circles around the Chiropterrans.

The invasion is going swimmingly as the outcome of the war seems to have already been decided. Princess Luna, in particular, was the one to have authorized the operation - with a notable political and military advisory role provided by former princess Celestia - after deliberating the decision with Princess Twilight.

Rest assured, Princess Luna can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that one last ugly stain of her past is finally being wiped clean from the face of the earth.