• Published 2nd Jul 2023
  • 115 Views, 1 Comments

The Coming And Going - Asterisk-Star



Asterisk is a filly with a special talent of magic. Her aunt and cousin, Flower Magic and Dynamic Flight comes to her house to stay for a week or two. However, Flower Magic has evil plans for Asterisk and tries her best to spoil her.

  • ...
 1
 115

Chapter 6 - The Beginning Of A Problem

Asterisk was not feeling very good as she was somewhat unhappy with herself, mainly her birthday, which was not prefered by her 'beloved' aunt. Asterisk kept doing her homework, in order to forget about the sadness. Soon, her homework was finished.

"Shiny! Here you are! I was just looking for you dear!" Flower Magic said as she rushed into Asterisk's room all of a sudden.

Asterisk did not respond. She felt that being addressed as 'dear' by her aunt was her aunt's acting so as to cause Asterisk to fall in love with her, leaving her Parents. Asterisk's Parents never addressed her as 'dear' or something like that. Needless to say, those who truly love us never try to show their love.

"Yes, Auntie." Asterisk said, not that excited as she usually became while talking to her aunt.

"Why are you so sad? Have you finished your homework?" Flower Magic said.

"Why won't I be sad?! I've finished my homework, but I haven't finished solving my problem!" Asterisk said, in an annoyed tone.

"But which problem? Tell me dear." Flower Magic said, pretending to be at Asterisk's side in every problem.

"I already told you, Auntie." Asterisk replied.

"Oh! I guess it's what I whispered to Bluebob?" Flower Magic asked.

"Yes, it is nothing other than that!" Asterisk said.


Flower Magic rushed downstairs to help Asterisk's Parents with cooking.

"Do you need any help, Glitter and Glowing?" Flower Magic asked hesitantly, as this was considered as an act of courtesy.

"No, you needn't, Flower. You'd better help Shiny with her studies." Glowing Mist said, hoping that Flower Magic would to the needful.

"Oh, OK. Thank you." Flower Magic said.

Flower Magic, in order to show that she was really of some help to Asterisk's Parents, went upstairs and went to Asterisk's room, took out the textbook from Asterisk's bookshelf and sat down on the chair as Asterisk sat on hers.

"So, Auntie, are you going to help me with studying today?" Asterisk asked.

"Yes. So, will you be able to answer whatever questions I ask you?" Flower Magic asked Asterisk.

"Yes, Auntie. Which subject are we going to study now?" Asterisk asked.

"We are going to study History."

"Oh, really? Then let's start."

Flower Magic asked Asterisk some questions from History and Asterisk answered them correctly.

"Shiny," said Flower Magic. "I think it's time for lunch now. Your Parents have come here, see."

"OK, Auntie." Asterisk said.

Flower Magic and Asterisk put away their chairs into their place and went to the dining table for lunch. They arranged their chairs and sat down.

"Come now, Bluebob. It's time for lunch." Flower Magic said to Dynamic Flight, who was sitting on the sofa, drowned in a video game on his phone.

"Umm... I am... coming." said Dynamic, as he concentrated in the game.

Soon, Dynamic came to the dining table and sat on his chair. He had already washed his hooves, which the others didn't have to do, as they all ate with magic.

"Well done, Flower. Such a great thing you have done by helping Asterisk with studying!" Glowing Mist said thankfully, thinking that Flower Magic had taken up the work as a responsibility.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you, Glowing. I really love doing something useful for you! One more year, and Asterisk will be studying on her own like Bluebob!" Flower Magic said, pretending to be responsible and confident.

Soon, it was time for Asterisk to do the next part of studying. She sat down on her chair as her aunt sat on hers. Then they began studying as they did in the afternoon, with great concentration.