• Published 2nd Jul 2023
  • 115 Views, 1 Comments

The Coming And Going - Asterisk-Star



Asterisk is a filly with a special talent of magic. Her aunt and cousin, Flower Magic and Dynamic Flight comes to her house to stay for a week or two. However, Flower Magic has evil plans for Asterisk and tries her best to spoil her.

  • ...
 1
 115

Chapter 4 - A New Friend

Flower Magic sat by Asterisk's bed and looked at Asterisk's worried face.

"I'm very sorry, Shiny! I would never do it again." Flower Magic tried to comfort Asterisk.

"Auntie! I don't want my birthday to be the last among all my family members' birthdays!" Asterisk said as she closed her eyes, in an attempt to go to sleep quickly.

"Well, Shiny, You'll soon forget about it. Don't worry." Flower Magic said as she rubbed Asterisk's mane.

"Thank you, Auntie." Asterisk said, trying to go to sleep. "Do you know? I thought that in this family there was at least somepony's birthday after mine. But when I found out that I am the last, I started getting depressed."

"No, Shiny! There's nopony's birthday after you!" Flower Magic said, pretending to be sad as she had revealed the bitter truth, making Asterisk more upset.

But still, Asterisk was not satisfied and could not sleep until she met a filly standing outside the bedroom window, still awake, roaming around in the neighbourhood at midnight. She used her magic to light up her way home. On the way, she met Asterisk, who was standing near the bedroom window.


"Hi, friend! What's your name? I am Astral Star Shine." said the filly.

"I am Asterisk Magical Galaxy." said Asterisk. "It would be nice to have a new friend! Do you know that there is a filly named Lavender Pearl in this neighbourhood? She is nice and friendly. Her two sisters, Sky Rose and Mystic Sunflower are also nice, but Lavender is the best of all the three because she's good at everything and she's an all-rounder." Asterisk shared her knowledge about the three other fillies with Astral.

"Yes, it would be nice to be friends with them! But Sky is always jealous of Lavender. So we better not add Sky in our friend list." replied Astral thoughtfully.

"OK! See you next day! Good Night!" Asterisk said as she waved goodbye to Astral and Astral waved back.

Flower Magic was not near when all these happened. She thought of a new plan to spoil Asterisk, while she sat in the other bedroom, where Asterisk's Parents were asleep. All that she wanted was to treat Asterisk in such a way that Asterisk fell in love with her and started to admire her more than her Parents. Flower Magic ran to the other bedroom, where she was supposed to sleep in, according to Asterisk's Parents' perfectly-made sleeping arrangement.

"Shiny, where were you? It's midnight! Come on quickly!" Flower Magic said, pretending to be very worried about Asterisk.

"Auntie! I made a new friend!!!!" Asterisk said, carried away by her aunt's sweet words and forgetting all about her aunt's words against her birthday, which had made her disappointed for sometime.

"Oh, really? Tomorrow you have School! Come on now!" Flower Magic said, getting a bit impatient.

"Good Night, Auntie!" Asterisk said as she walked to the bed and got onto it.

"Good Night, Shiny!" Flower Magic said as she lay down on the bed and closed her eyes.

Asterisk, Flower Magic and Dynamic were in that bedroom, whereas Asterisk's Parents were in the other bedroom. Everypony had a good sleep that night, except Flower Magic, because she was afraid that her secret would be revealed soon. Her secret was that she had put a spell on the magic heart that she had gifted to Asterisk, just in order to spoil her.