• Published 9th Jun 2023
  • 935 Views, 14 Comments

We're Done - TheKing2001



Spike decides to leave Ponyville and his marefriend after they made him do something he didn't feel comfortable

  • ...
13
 14
 935

Chapter II

“I can’t believe he broke up with me,” I sighed as I slumped against the wall. Fluttershy gave me a sympathic look. We were sitting in Fluttershys house by the fire. I had a small cat on my lap that I idly petted. Thank God Angel wasn’t around. That monster was a criminal I bet you. Would start a war to end all of Equestria if he had the opportunity.

“You guys were all pretty awful and insensitive to him,” she agreed as I glared at her.

“Excuse me? YOU we on our side as well!” I snapped. “All of us shoved him out there without a fucking care in the world about how he felt. All we cared was about us. All I cared about was my own selfishness and not my partner.” I curled myself into a ball and felt Fluttershy wrap a wing around me. The cat jumped off my leg and went chasing after a toy or something.

“I’ve been spending too much time with my human version. She’s way more bold than me. I apologize for what I said. Spike just needs time. He will come around. You can stay with me,” she rested her head on mine. I nodded as I hugged her.

“I’m so disappointed in myself. I never should done this. I can’t stop resisting the urge to cry or cast a spell to go back in time to convince us to not to,” I admitted quietly.

“What would Twilight say if you did that?” Fluttershy pointed out. I paused and let out a sigh.

“You got me there. She would be disappointed in me,” I admitted. “I just don’t know how to fix this.”

“I don’t either. He’s been ignoring even Rarity and he used to like her. He kicked Rainbow out of the castle and yelled at Applejack. He’s only allowed the cmc, Lyra, Bon Bon and his friends from Canterlot in. If I remember correctly, he let the flower sisters and Blossomforth in.”

“I didn’t know he was close with any of those ponies,” I said. He never mentioned them to me ever. I never really saw him with them except Lyra and the cmc.

“He and Lyra go way back. She is Twilights original friend from Canterlot,” Fluttershy explained.” That made sense a bit now that I think about it. I think Twilight had mentioned something about it once during one of my lessons about friendship. I clearly didn’t learn much if I just got dumped.

“You know Spike was my first relationship?” I suddenly said. “I never had much time for dating back then. I always cared about getting more ponies in my village.”

“I haven’t dated either. Not because I don’t have time for it or anything but everytime I meet someone I like, I get too shy and nervous to do anything. Me and Rainbow Dash had a teeny thing back in flight school but that was years ago. We are just good friends now.”

“Wow she never told me that,” I mumbled. Fluttershy gave a little giggle and played with a bird, watching it do loops in the air. Rainbow and the others were trying to come up with ways to get Spike come out. Or at least let us inside to apologize. Knowing Dash she would give a super shitty apology. She sometimes gave a good one but meh it was kinda rare.

“We keep it a secret. Even if the public would support us, we like having a private life with us being national heroes we don’t have much of a private life anymore. Rarity and Rainbow like the spotlight but even Rainbow has her limits believe it or not,” the yellow pegasus explained.

“That does make a bit of sense,” I admitted. I never really thought about it but it does make sense that they would get a lot of attention in public. It was somewhat tame in Ponyville but it still happened here and again I bet. That would explain why Rainbow was hiding in the castle a few days ago.

“It’s okay I guess. I just stay indoors now.”

“Isn’t that what you always do?” I pointed out. Fluttershy gave a giggle and nodded.

“Indoors is my safe space. It’s nice and quiet in here,” she explained. I looked around with a raised eyebrow at the animals running around and making all sorts of noises.

“Uh Fluttershy have you looked around your house? It’s a zoo in here or at least it sounds like one.” Fluttershy gave a shrug as a fox rubbed against her cheek.

“I guess I got used to the noises. It’s comforting really,” she admitted. I guess that made some sense. I stared at a tiny white mouse staring at me and I jumped a little bit. Mice used to scare the hell out of me. Messy creatures too. They are nothing compared to rats though. Now those are some scary freaking things.

“Uh why is he staring at me?” I asked curiously as the mouse took a step to me. She made some squeaks and I stared in confusion. “Uh what did she say? I don’t speak mouse, Fluttershy.”

“She. Her name is Georgina. She’s saying she wants to introduce you to her children,” Fluttershy translated with a warm smile.

“Oh uh sure.” Fluttershy nodded and made some noises. I assume it was the sound mice make. Not entirely sure. The mouse made some squeaks back and five small mice came walking up. As much as they scared me, I couldn’t help but let out an aww. “They’re adorable!”

“That’s Teeny, Tiny, Nut, Will and Bob,” Fluttershy pointed a hoof to each one. “She’s a very proud mom.” I tentatively reached out a hoof and the one I think was Teeny touched my hoof with a paw.

“I like this one. The black spot is absolutely cute. I should get a pet. Spike wanted to get a dog,” I announced as my smile faded.

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked as the mouse crawled up my foreleg.

“I’m going to sleep. Can I take Teeny?” I asked hopefully. Fluttershy gave a smile and made some squeaks.

“Yeah the mom is coming too she said.”