• Published 11th Jun 2023
  • 947 Views, 41 Comments

Spider-Man Scaled Web-Head - Corrupting Dragon28



A glimpse through the Web of Reality into the world we know but different, with a series actions that will change how Spike will see his world forever. He will learn about responsibility and how to balance his new life as Spider-Man.

  • ...
2
 41
 947

Origins - Test Drive

For anyone this would have been like a dream come true, Spike thought this would feel like that, but to him it all felt really unbelievable to why this was all happening to him, that of this being, Powers(Spider-Powers to be more precise). It's been a few days since the whole chaos incident and the discovery of Spike's new abilities, and to say that Spike did research for anything that he could figure out to what was happening to him, was a little short of on understatement.

Whenever he was free, (Which was wasn't much.) his time was put to study his new Spider-Powers and what kind of abilities he's gained from it, but that came with it's own set of set of problems and it wasn't before it he'd hit a roadblock it all, it wasn't easy doing this all by himself, he was smarter than creatures gave him credit for but this is next level even for him and these Spider-Powers didn't come with instructions (except for one of them but he wasn't sure about that).

Even still no matter how much experimentations he did in his free time, he wasn't going to get anywhere unless he actually tested his powers out in the field, Spike didn't want to risk it all so he stuck it out but he knew that he couldn't put it of for anymore and decided that he was ready enough.

But...today took a little resistance to get through.


Like any other day Spike knew that today -- like any other day -- was going to be a strenuous day whenever it involved Twilight Sparkle with her usual 'Twilighting' as usual and she was supposed to go on a picnic with her friends and that would be the perfect chance to properly test out some of his powers and compare it with some of his notes on the subject, but Twilight had to go and be extra her today and just when Spike had thought the tedious part of his day was over.

"Thank goodness that's all over with so you have nothing to get in the way of your picnic, thankfully we don't have anything to send to Princess Celestia so..." Spike started stating as Twilight floated a barely frosted cupcake but drops it when she hears what Spike said about...Princess Celestia.

"We haven't sent a letter to Princess Celestia this week?" Twilight asked with emerging concern in her voice.

"Um yess... is that baaad?" Spike questioned hesitantly while regretting the moment he opened his mouth.

"Bad? Bad?! Of course it's bad! I'm supposed to send Princess Celestia a letter every week, telling her a lesson I've learned about friendship. Not every other week. Not every 10 days. Every. Single. Week." Twilight expressed in worry as Spike stared with a raised brow and an uninterested look.

Twilight then frantically searched her desk. "Where's my calendar? Where's my calendar?" She asked herself as she forgot where she expressly put it.

"...uhhh where it always is." Spike said as he pointed to the drawer where Twilight herself put the calendar with Twilight snatching it out of the cabinet's confides with her magic.

"When did we last one.?" Twilight asked while frantically searching through her calendar.

"Umm.. last Tuesday I think." Spike said with Twilight still searching through her calendar.

"And today is...." Twilight said finally landing on today's date.

"Tuesday." Spike finished Twilight's thought.

"Ahhh! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!" Twilight exclaimed as she ran up the stairs to her bedroom to look at the sun's rotation to check what time it was.

"This women knows that's there's a clock the wall...right?" Spike questioned to himself while staring at said clock.

"If I don't send her a letter by sundown, I'll be [gasp] traaddyy." Twilight once again exclaimed as she fell back in her bed.

"Oh boy." Spike thought in annoyance.

"Oh, how can I let this happen? I'm usually so organized. I've never been late with an assignment." Twilight said in sorrow as she buries herself in her bed sheets.

"So...um correct me if I'm wrong with this, but isn't a lack of friendship problems a good thing?" Spike asked questionably towards the purple unicorn who ignored the baby dragon's question.

"This is the ruler of all of Equestria we're talking about-- The pony who holds my fate in her hooves. What if she doesn't forgive me."

"Yeah sunbutt's just itching to see her prized pupil fail at something." Spike thought sarcastically with an eye roll as Twilight teleports right next to him.

"What if instead, she starts thinking I'm not taking my studies on friendship seriously?" Twilight questioned as she began to trot around the room.

"What if she makes me come back to Canterlot and put's me back in school and makes me prove I've been taking them seriously by giving me a test?! What if I don't pass?" Twilight said in her thought process with Spike still blankly staring at her.

"I wonder if I stay silent, will she start--" Spike's inner monolouge being interrupted by...

"She's my teacher. Do you know what teachers do to students who don't pass? They send them back a grade!" Twilight once again exclaimed in irrational fear.

"-- answering her own questions... yes." Spike confirmed his incomplete thought as he began to sit down on the floor waiting for when Twilight would notice.

"But she won't just send me back a grade. She'll send me back to [gasp] magic kindergarten." Twilight stated as she started to imagine herself in a tiny seat with little colts and fillies all laughing at her, while in the real world Spike was wondering if her friends more or less crazy than she already was back in Canterlot.

A few minutes of Twilight shuttering went by before shook herself out of the daydream and noticed the baby dragon sitting on the floor staring blankly at her. "Um what are you doing." Twilight questioned him.

"Oh me, I'm just waiting here until you hear the words coming from your mouth and realize what you're saying is crazy first-hand." Spike said plainly with Twilight staring at him for a bit before getting off her rump.

"Y'know there's no reason to worry because I'm going to solve a friendship problem and get that letter to Princess Celestia before sundown." Twilight said a pep in her step while Spike just knew this day like many before would be a long one before Twilight got up in his face.

"So... got any problems, troubles, conundrums or any other sort of issues, major or minor, that I as a gooood friend could help solve." Twilight asked while smiling at him expectantly.

"Nope." Spike instantly said while putting it as plainly as it could seem(well he didn't have to try, like he'd tell Twilight of his powers) with Twilight frowning in disappointment.

"[sigh] Then it looks like I'm going to have to find somepony who does." Twilight said as she exited the library as Owlicious fly up to Spike.

"Hey, you think she was tested before she was sent out to shipping." Spike said jokingly towards Owlicious as he laughed in a series of hoots.

"Well it doesn't matter now, she's gone and she's not my problem for at least a couple of hours, so I'm going to finally can test out what these powers can really do," Spike said as he looked at his for few seconds before gathering up all of his self-confidence.

",but not without a quick refresher." Spike said as he went to a wall. "Here goes nothing." Spike uttered as he started to climb it with his palms and feet sticking as he climbed with Spike stopping when he was on the ceiling while looking down at Owlicious who looked at Spike with amazement even through he's seen it before.

"Ok ok, let's loop it all around." Spike said with a slight bit of unease, as he crawled to the other side of the wall and to climb down the wall, when he reached back down to floor Owlicious started to clap the best way he could which a smile to Spike's face.

"Heh, Thank's Owlicious -- I kinda forgot how 'humbling' that is." Spike trying to find a good word for this was. Spike then went to one of his hiding spots to take out the his Spider-Powers notes and his checklist.

He already checked 'wall crawling' on the list.

  • Spider-Reflexes (Speed, Reaction time.)
  • Jumping
  • Strength
  • Spider-Senses (The Wild card.)

All of the abilities listed, Spike pinpointed these specific powers from everything he picked up from the Spider book Owlicious gave him and he gathered all that he could. The power that he wasn't so sure about was the Spider-Senses, this power was supposed be apart of his Spider-Reflexes but it was so interesting that it he decided it deserved a spot on it's own.

He read that Spider's had sensors all around their body to alert them of incoming danger, but what he felt a few days ago felt more than what it was described like in the book, it felt more heightened more....powerful and concentrated compared to Pinkie Pie's Pinkie-Sense.

"Mmmm... Spider-Sense, I like the sound of that." Spike thought out loud.

"Hoo." Owlicious responded in agreement to which made Spike smile more.

"Well I still have to get out there if I truly want to test what these powers can do. You wanna come with me." Spike asked the Owl.

"Hoo Hoo." Owlicious curiously accepted his offer, Spike then gathered up all of his notes and his checklist and put them in his bag near by.

"Alright, let's go." Spike declared as he and Owlicious.

Spike knew he had to get to the grasslands of Ponyville so they wouldn't be disturbed while testing Spike's powers but this was an opportunity to test out one of his other abilities.

When they got far enough they headed into a empty alley.

"You ready?" Spike asked Owlicious.

"Hoo." Owlicious said while nodding his head.

Spike then took a deep breath and with all of his might jumped as high as he could and... "AHHHHHH!!" he overshot the house he has going for and crash landed on the next building over.

"Ow." Spike straited as Owlicious flew up to him.

"Hope no one say that -- didn't know my own strength." Spike groaned.

"Ok... let's try this again." Spike announced going with a simple jump this time.

"YEAAAHHH!" Spike cheered as he jumped across to each building with ease and grace with Owlicious keeping up with him. A few minutes later he reached a grassland near Ponyville littered with large boulders.

"This should be a good place." Spike said as he set down his bag and gathered up his checklist and checked jumping.

  • Spider-Reflexes (Speed, Reaction time.)
  • Jumping
  • Strength
  • Spider-Senses (The Wild card.)

Owlicious perched on top a near by tree so he good look at Spike while not getting in his way.

"Ok let's get to this (man that sounded corny)." spike says as he looks at a near by large boulder and walks over to it getting to truly put his new strength to the test.

"...you can do this Spikey." Spike said to himself gathering all of his worries and tries to lift the large boulder and to his and Owlicious's suprise, he lifts it like he's lifting a piece of paper.

"Ahhh wow." Spike uttered kind of flabbergasted at his new strength and then got another idea which Spike did impulsively and ended up throwing the boulder with all of his strength with it being thrown about a mile away.

Both Spike and Owlicious looked at each other with wide eyes for what has just transpired but later got back to it with Spike playing with his strength capabilities for about 10 minutes before Spike gathered back up all of his notes in his back with Owlicious flying right beside Spike side.

"Hey man, we need to head over to the track to test out my speed." Spike mentioned to him.

"Hoo Hoo." Owlicious ok'd to the baby dragon before they both started to head over to the track with both of them not seeing a pair of eyes on them.

The pair have arrived at Ponyville's track with thankfully no one there, Spike then took out a stopwatch.

"Um hey can you do me a favor and track my how much my speed is please?" Spike asked the awaiting owl.

"Hoo Hoo." Owlicious gave the alright with Spike showing a face of gratitude.

"Thanks, bud." Spike said as he took to the starting line to wait for Owlicious to start him off.

"HOO!" Owlicious exclaimed while starting the stopwatch and watched as Spike raced at high speeds --irregular to how fast he was before-- he was astounded.

"Wow. it's weird going this fast with short legs." Spike thought as he was still sprinting and mere seconds later he crossed the finish line.

"That was nothing. What's my time?" Spike asked the Owl as he showed him his time of 6.3 seconds.

"...wow, that awesome and I feel like I can run the whole globe!" Spike confidently declares with a laugh. Owlicious interrupted while hooting at the time of the day.

"[groan] fine your right, we should get back." Spike relented as he went back to his stuff and taking out his checklist again to check Strength and Speed.

  • Spider-Reflexes (Speed, Reaction time.)
  • Jumping
  • Strength
  • Spider-Senses (The Wild card.)

"Well two outta four ain't bad." Spike settled with that gathered up all of his belongings and with Owlicious headed back to the Golden Oak's Library.


It took a few minutes to get back to Ponyville to which Spike jumped from roof to roof for practice, when they finally got to the library's doorstep...

"BZZZTTT"(I know this.. wait!)

Spike quickly jumped expertly to side as the door to the library crashed open with an erratic and insane looking Twilight galloping out of the library while holding a worn out looking doll of some kind, not noticing Spike or Owlicious before hand. Spike decided to jump onto a near by house to get a better look at the purple unicorn barreling thorough the streets.

"Now what is she doing?" Spike questioned out loud while spying Twilight on top of the house.

"Hoo Hoo?(and where is she heading in such a hurry, with such a crazy look?)" Owlicious translated as Spike thought for a second before turning to Owlicious.

"Head back to the library Owlicious, I'll see what she is up to." Spike told Owlicious.

"Hoo Hoo?" Owlicious hooted in question Spike was sure about it and Spike nodded to him basically saying that he's sure, and with that single look Owlicious headed back to the library with Spike following Twilight from the rooftops.


A Few Minutes Later....

Spike watched Twilight spot the Cutie Mark Crusaders playing with a beach ball while Twilight watched at them creepily from inside a bush, waiting for the right time to strike with Spike being perched on top of the tree right by her, watching and fearing what Twilight in this state of mind has in store for his friends.

"Dang it Twilight, what are you up to?" Spike thought to himself but it was put to a halt when he saw Twilight pop out of the CMC's beach ball.

"Hi, girrlsss." Twilight disturbingly said.

"Oh, Hi, Twilight. How's it go--" Apple Bloom greeted Twilight and was about to ask how her day was, but Twilight decided to beat her to it.

"Gr-r-eat. Just Great." Twilight rapidly answered with her left eye twitching which didn't go unnoticed by Spike, putting him in more distress.

"You three look like you're doing great, too. Looks like three good friends who obviously don't need the help of another good friend." Twilight said and then Spike thought back to this morning and then Spike thought back to this morning compared to the right....now.

"Oh good grief...I know what she's doing. Twilight's become too desperate to write that stupid friendship report for Sunbutt and now she's going the extra step to make a problem now that's she's run out of time with...a doll -- she really thinks this is going to -- well nobody messes with my friends, but what am I going to do?" Spike pondered while looking at Twilight trying to egg on the CMC into fighting, but that gives him an idea.

"There's only one pony who can stop this," Spike thinks to himself while pulling out the extra scroll and pen from his bag.

",Sunbutt herself." Spike then writes a letter to Celestia putting on the best 'worried friend' act he's got to make it sound like the emergency and to come right away, he finishes the letter and then sends it via fire breath hoping she comes in time.

"Know that her protégé has a personal problem and she'll come to the rescue like the guardian angel like she thinks she is, But back to business, with the long term of the plan settled now for the short term.


While the CMC was fighting over who get cursed with the Smarty Pants doll, Twilight was panicking on how to make her plan succeed until she stumbled on a horrible idea which to her was the last saving grace she had.

"Ooh, You're going to like Smarty-Pants and You're going to like her--."

"Twilight!!" Everypony present turns to see Spike running towards them in a panic.

"Twilight it's... the library... it's burning from the inside!!!" Spike screamed in terror.

"WHHHAATTT!!!" Twilight screamed in terror as she gallops to the library as fast as she could.

"Heh," Spike smirks in satisfaction.

"Good thing she's too in a panic to teleport." Spike said as he turned top the Crusaders who looked confused.

"Are you guys ok?" Spike asked the three.

"Um, fine." Sweetie Belle answered befuddled.

"...but Spike, what was all that business with the library being burned from the inside?" Apple Bloom asked in both confusion and worry.

"Oh that, that was just to get Twilight off your backs and lead her back to the library before she dragged you guys into her mess." Spike explained to the CMC.

"Well... thanks for that, Spike, this was starting to get out of control and super creepy." Scootaloo thanked the baby dragon as she shuddered at the memory.

"No problem, no-one messes with my friends." Spike stated as they smiled brightly back at him.

"I have to get back, I'll see you guys later." Spike said as he saw himself back to the library.

"See you later, Spike!" The three girls bidding farewell to the baby dragon. He walked until he was out of sight and back in town and walked into an alley so he could jump back into houses to get more practice in for his powers.

It takes a few minutes for Spike to return to the library and he see's the door open with all of the Main 6 in there with Princess Celestia, deciding not to walk in on that he wall-crawls up the tree and quietly opens the window to then go onto the ceiling so he could hear them.

"Looks like you all learned a pretty valuable lesson today." Princess Celestia states with all of the girls present agreeing.

"Before I go, I have an assignment for you all," Princess Celestia announced to the girls with them all questioning what it was the princess was asking of all of them.

"From this day forth, I would like you all to report to me your finding on the magic of friendship when -- and only when -- you happen to discover them." Princess Celestia said them all with the girls cheering.

"And be sure to thank Spike for me taking your feeling's seriously." Princess Celestia said with gratitude in her voice while Spike had a series of painful memories running through him.

"Oh now I'm noticeable to you, someone of concern...don't make me laugh, Sunbutt." Spike thought spitefully.

"Now if you will excuse me, I must return to Canterlot. I'm expecting some mail." Princess Celestia concluded as she teleported back to Canterlot. Now that she was gone, Spike crawled back outside then landed by the door as he entered the library with the present girls seeing him come in.

"What'd I miss." Spike said nonchalantly while Twilight pulled him in close with her nuzzling his face as he awkwardly step back with a confused look.

"What was that for?" Spike asked the girls.

"You helped me see the error of my ways and the only one to worry about me and took my feelings seriously, Thank you, Spike." Normally at this point of the story this is where the protagonist has this big change of heart....

"Whatever." Spike said with an uninterested look taking both all of the girls for surprise.

"Whatever?" Rarity asked while Spike just shrugged his shoulders with the same stoic stance.

"Well, I just made sure she didn't hurt get anyone hurt." Spike commented which ended up confusing him.

And without another word he rushed upstairs with the all the girls present to look at each other confusingly.


Spike was staring at a mirror in the room while pondering to himself and reflecting on the painful memories he's been plagued with.

"WHAT HAS THESE PONIES DONE FOR ME THAT I HAVEN"T DONE FOR THEM." Spike heard the past screaming back at him as he went to the couch to lie down.

He wanted to scream, he wanted to cry, he wanted revenge for everything that they've done for him turned him into he would've been just fine watching the world burn and then he thought back to ponies like the CMC.

But he didn't have any hate in his heart, he just wanted to be free.

"Thing will change." Spike quietly said while looking at his palm feeling the power in him while reflect on the ponies in his life. "I will be better creature than they could ever be, I swear it." Spike thoughtfully concluded as he drifted on to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hi, hope you all enjoyed and I'm so so sorry it took so long.

It was fun writing for this long I kind of slacked off a bit.

But, like always constructive criticism is always welcome and once again if their willing artist there, I'm still looking cover-art for this stories including this one.

I'll see you all later.