• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 22

After taking a moment to calm down. The two walked towards the gallery.

As they walked they were talking about the information they got from that Pegasus and the broadcast from last night.

a long hallway filled with portraits of all the past Queens of Zephyr Heights.

They both looked at each picture from first to last.

Each one had one common feature. A golden crown lining with the one and only Pegasus crystal attached to it. Embedded in the middle.

“Shining? You see it?” Asked Argyle.

“Yep.” She held up the picture and compared it to the shape on the crown. “That’s the Pegasus crystal. Definitely the crystal we want.” Said Shining.

“It’s connected to the crown?” Asked Shining.

“Oh dear… how are we supposed to get this one? Are we doing a heist now?” Asked Argyle.

“Not a chance. That crystal is on the crown and it is probably being guarded night and day until the next Queen is crowned.” Said Shining.

Argyle suddenly looked up. “You’re right. It’s more dangerous if it’s guarded then if it’s on her head.

But didn’t the news say the next Queen would be crowned in a few days?”

“Love what are you getting at?” Asked Shining.

“That’s when we need to steal the crown. So we sneak into the main audience. And blow our cover putting everypony in a panic. That’s when we make our move in the chaos and snatch it.” Said Shining.

“You’re right.” Said Argyle.

“I love you.” Argyle said cheerfully, hugging her.

“I know. I love you too.” Said Shining, hugging him back.

“So when is this coronation?” Asked Argyle.

“I don’t remember. Maybe it’s time we blend into the main populace.” Said Shining.

===

Zephyr Heights had a major problem with missing ponies. Loved ones grew concerned and panic spread about.

On the top floor of the castle. Princess Haven stood in her bedroom looking outside her huge window into the city below.

Her eyes filled with worry, fear and exhaustion.

When her door opened. “Your majesty Prince Levitz is here to see you.”

“Let him in… but before you go. Captain, please investigate the lower floors.” Said Haven.

“As you wish.” As the guard left. A white pegasus with a fiery red mane walked in. One prince Levitz.

“What are you doing here?” Asked Haven. Deflating.

“Why shouldn’t I be here? I’m your king to be. I am building Zephyr Heights to a greatness it has never seen before. Trust me it’s for our own good. Give me time to do this and you’ll see.” Said the Prince.

“Now tell me. Why do you need the captain of the guard on the lower floors?” He asked.

“Like you said. It’s for our own good.” Said Haven. Annoyed.

“Fine… but next time I make the orders.” Said Levitz.

“Yes…” said Haven.

“You seem paranoid. There’s nothing to worry about. My plans are almost complete.” Said Levitz.

“I’m not. The ponies are. There are missing pony reports on every channel.” Said Haven.

“I have a plan for that too. A little editing and censorship won’t hurt anyone.

It’s not like anyone will care about a problem that doesn’t exist.” Said the Prince.

“Levitz. If we keep treating the ponies like this it will inspire an uprising. Something will hap-“ Haven was cut off.

“Why do you care about them? And I don’t know about you but if this isn’t paranoia I don’t know what is.

Listen to yourself. You have a perfect life. Your life is safe and secure all thanks to me. Both from external and internal threats.

And when everything is completed every pony who dares challenge us will forever fear us.” Levitz finished.

Haven was about to cry. But she was able to hold it together.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re ungrateful.” Said Levitz getting annoyed.

“No…” said Haven.

“Good. Now remember I have everything under control.

And Haven. I don’t ever want to hear you say anything more about the ponies below. They are not your concern. They are mine.

You should not have to talk to them. And I will make sure of that.” He said angrily walking out of the room.

Haven kept a stern look. Until she collapsed on the floor. Trying to calm herself down.

And when she did. She decided to follow him. Dawning a black cloak and hood she followed his tail until he reached the castle elevator.

Although Haven had a pretty good idea of what floor he had gone to. Sixteen. Which he had made off limits to all.

As soon as it came back. She immediately got inside and pressed sixteen.

Prince Levitz meanwhile. Was indeed on the same floor walking about the hallways to his private quarters.

For good measure the doorknob could only be opened by a code that was only known to him and him alone. After typing in the code and entering.

He closed the door and turned on the lights to reveal a room with papers and post-it notes everywhere detailing his true overall plans.

Sitting down at a desk. He looked over a map of equestria drawing a red X over bridlewood and maretime bay.

“X marks the spot indeed.” He whispered.

Then he reached into the desk and got a counter out. And then he left the room.

“Commander!” He shouted.

“Yes sir?” Said the commander.

“Have you caught anymore pegasi?”

“Yes sir. We caught forty tonight. And many more on the way.”

The prince clicked on his counter forty times.

“Congratulations. The official numbers are almost ready.”

Haven meanwhile had watched her husband punch in the code. And was able to access his quarters.

When she turned the light on. She saw everything.

The map of equestria. And most worryingly of all. An invasion plan of bridlewood and maretime bay. “No…”

She whispered as she saw the final piece she needed to explain everything.

A number of 300,000 pegasi to be kidnapped. Zephyr Heights already had 299,360 pegasi missing.

Which was almost one fourth of all pegasi in Zephyr Heights.

Haven’s eyes went into shock as her husband’s plans were officially clear to her.

And then there was trouble. “Hello my love. What did I tell you about this floor?” Said Prince Levitz stepping in.

She was scared she stepped back about to cry. “I don’t believe what I’m seeing…

This is why so many pegasi have gone missing. You’re mounting a full scale invasion!”

“For a good reason. And they’re more than willing to fight.” Said the prince.

“No. No they’re not. You’re kidnapping them!

Any military call would’ve been made by the Zephyr Heights military and security council!

For what!?” Shouted Haven.

“Don’t you see? We don’t need a council after my plans take off.

We are a monarchy afterall.

When we invade Maretime Bay & Bridlewood. I will grant my people a power beyond compare that will make any pegasi even more powerful than me.

We could overthrow the council.

And together you and I can rule all of equestria. Make things the way we want them to be.” Said Prince Levitz with a smile.

Haven’s expression quickly changed from one of sadness to that of anger and then…

Happy?

“This is perfect.” She whispered.

She walked over to the prince. “Because I know what this means.

This means…” she walked back to the desk.

“WE CAN HAVE A DIVORCE!” She screamed. And she immediately ran over to Levitz and started going to town on him.

Hammering him down on his back as a fight ensued.

And then she banged her head against his knocking him out.

After that she gathered as much evidence as she could and she immediately went back to the elevator to go back upwards towards her office.

When suddenly the elevator started speeding upwards. Haven jumped up and kicked the elevator hatch open and jumped out.

She jumped off the elevator and the elevator exploded above her when it hit the very top. Blasting the main doors open. She jumped over the edge and onto the floor.

It was on the top floor where her office was located. She immediately ran into her office where she quickly summoned the Zephyr Heights security council for an emergency meeting.