• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 270 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 270

Chapter 1

Twice upon a time.

A unicorn had entered maretime bay.

The sun had set below the ocean. The dark of night had arrived.

And so did she…

That night Argyle was at his desk in the Lighthouse.

Until he heard a knock at the door. When he opened it, he saw the local sheriff.

“Good evening, Argyle.” Said the sheriff.

“Hello. Why are you here?” He asked.

“Argyle. We spotted a unicorn in the area. We may need your lighthouse to find the threat in the darkness.”

“A real unicorn? That’s serious. I’m on my way to light the beacon.” Said Argyle as he hurried upstairs.

“Thanks Mr. Argyle.” Said the sheriff as he left.

The beacon was on, several sheriff teams were looking around the outer areas and they had no luck. As Argyle looked outside from the top.

As the beacon twirled around though, he could’ve sworn he saw something in the distance.

At first, he thought it was nothing. But when the light turned around, he saw it again. It looked like a pony, but he knew he saw a horn on it’s head.

The light turned around again. And this time he was sure he saw a unicorn. For real.

“What is that?” He asked. He ran downstairs and outside the lighthouse and ran over to investigate the area where he saw the silhouette.

Surprisingly he had plenty of light down there. Both the lighthouse and the moon helped. But just then he saw something in the corner of his eye.

And just then he heard something go. “Oh!” He immediately turned around. And he saw it.

An actual real unicorn. Horn on it’s head and all. It had a coat of orange and a mane of light blue.

“Ah! Unicorn attack! Help!” He screamed as he ran away.

“Wait!” Shouted the unicorn as she gave chase. He looked behind him to see the unicorn running after him.

“Aaaahhhhhh!!! Please don’t fry my brains! Don’t read my mind! Please somepony help meaaahhh!” Argyle screamed as he fell off of one of the cliff tops above the ocean below.

As he fell to his doom he suddenly stopped falling.

“Oh!…” he looked down and screamed. “Aaaahhhhhh!” Then he looked up to see the face of that same unicorn that was chasing him. She grabbed his tail and was pulling him up. “Mm! Urgh!”

“Wait… what?…” said Argyle. He used his hind hooves to walk up the cliffs.

The unicorn heaved and pulled. Until she finally got him back on the ground to safety. Argyle laid on the ground and sighed in relief.

He got up and looked at the unicorn. “You saved my life? Why?” Asked Argyle in confusion.

Just suddenly the unicorn started running away. And Argyle immediately gave chase.

“Wait! I just want to talk! Stop!” Argyle shouted as she kept running until she accidentally tripped over a rock. “Ow!” She tumbled and hit the ground face first.

Argyle’s pace slowed to a walk. He walked over to the unicorn laying there in the grass.

The unicorn looked around and saw his face. “Um… hi?” Said Argyle awkwardly.

Immediately the unicorn started crying. She broke down into tears and she hid her face in her hooves.

“Please! Don’t hurt me! I don’t want to-“ she screamed before Argyle spoke.

“Calm down! I’m not going to hurt you.” He said as he laid down in front of her.

“I just want to know why you saved me.” Said Argyle.

She looked up and saw him again. She stopped crying.

“Hey… are you ok?” Asked Argyle with concern. The unicorn said nothing.

“I promise I won’t hurt you. I don’t bite… I… I want to help you. Who are you?” Asked Argyle.

“Um… I. Um. Hi! I… am, Shining Star.” She said shyly.

“Shining Star?” Asked Argyle.

“Mhm.” She said.

“Are you still hurt?” Asked Argyle.

“Mhm.” She said with a frown.

“I live in that lighthouse over there, where nopony will see you. I can look at you there.” He got up and held his hoof out to her.

She shakingly stretched her hoof out to him. But she took it. And he helped her back to the lighthouse.