• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 271 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 271

Chapter 20

Six months later

After taking a while to cool down. Catch up on some research and enjoying each other’s company.

It seemed their work was never done.

They realized searching the actual pages of the books with the prism stone was going to take a lot of time and patience. They figured it would be best if that was regulated to it’s own plan for a set time. However, in the meantime they decided it would be easier if they tried something else with the prism stone.

The book covers.

During their research they checked the cover pages of the nine books with the prism stone for any clues.

Searching in the front and back covers of books three and seven they discovered that the three kingdoms were linked through a transit system.

And that ponies used to travel freely between them.

So, this begged an obvious question. “So where is the maretime bay train station?” Asked Argyle.

“I don’t know. It doesn’t exactly have a map. But part of me has an idea.” Said Shining.

“Go ahead, Shining.” Said Argyle.

“When we were investigating the earth pony crystal shrine. I saw what looked like railway tracks in the distance.

When we went back home, I saw the tracks go further down into where we were headed.” Said Shining.

“Hmm when did you stop seeing them?” Asked Argyle.

“Shortly before I saw maretime bay’s skyline.” Said Shining.

And Argyle was grinning. “Are you up for another quest for the fate of all pony kind?” Asked Argyle.

“Oh yeah. Absolutely.” Said Shining laughing. “Listen to us! We’re talking about this like it’s so normal!”

“Oh, it’s nothing really. We’re just two forbidden lovers who just happened to save the world! Love really does conquer all I guess.” Said Argyle leaning into Shining.

“I love you.” Shining said holding him and kissing him.

“Oh, I know. And I love you two.” Said Argyle with a giggle.

Shining looked over and continued. “Now let’s conquer all odds and save the world with…” Shining dramatically paused. Argyle taking the hint.

“THE POWER OF LOVE!” They both said in unison.

===

They both dance trotted towards canterlogic. And they looked around the side of the building for any railway tracks. Until they went to the very back of the hill it was standing on.

And they found a tunnel with a single track headed out of it. Several of them.

They immediately went inside and got a flashlight along with the prism stone.

They walked their way through the dark tunnels until they reached a light at the end.

Suddenly they found themselves inside a massive train station. They hopped off of the track dock they were in. And saw where the light came from.

It was the main floors of the canterlogic pavilion. The light from the building above goes through the floor illuminating the station underneath.

“What the… how did Nopony see this? Is it just a one-way view through the floor?” Asked Argyle.

“It was under canterlogic this whole time?” Argyle asked again.

Both looked around and saw two massive staircases that lead up to doorways. No doubt they were stair shafts that lead you back to the main pavilion above.

“Let’s look around.” Said Shining.

They searched about and saw a train still docked at one of the stations. “Fascinating. It’s like some kind of monorail system.” Said Shining.

“Look, the stations.” Argyle pointed towards a large sign inbetween two of the docks, and it said “Br d woo “which clearly meant bridlewood.

“There’s four of them here in total. Two for each land.” Said Shining.

“One train leaves and the other returns.” Argyle said as he looked over at the other station beside him. And there was indeed another abandoned train still stationed in the area.

“Oh my…” said Argyle.

Shining immediately ran over to the other two stations. Another sign that said. “Z p r Heig “ Zephyr Heights. The land of the pegasi…

In the middle of the two docks were the staircases that were leading upward. But in front of all this was a massive shape and three other shapes.

A six-pointed star. The earth pony crystal and the unicorn crystal. The third undoubtedly being the Pegasus crystal.

“Twilight…” they both said.

Argyle thought about it for a moment. And he couldn’t help but think they could somehow use this place. For something daring.

“Hun. I’ve been thinking. Now that we went to bridlewood. Do you think maybe it’s time for us to go to Zephyr Heights as well?” Asked Argyle.

“I don’t know love. Zephyr Heights honestly sounds like a challenge. Wouldn’t we need to craft fake wings this time? What about my horn?” Asked Shining.

“You could still wear your hat. And it’s doable. Furthermore, we know by proxy the pegasi aren’t dangerous.” Said Argyle.

“Yeah. True. And I think I know how we can make these fake wings.

I could take some ropes, small bands and tie them to harnesses to make them more flexible.” Said Shining.

“Sounds incredible hun you’re a genius!” Argyle said, holding her with joy.

“Oh, wait I got an idea!” Shouted Argyle running into the Zephyr Heights abandoned train.

“Wait where are you going?” Asked Shining following him inside.

Grabbing the flashlight and prism stone they lit their way down to the back car.

And Argyle opened up the floor of the train. “What are you doing?” Asked Shining.

“These things are electronic powered. There’s a battery in here. And we can use this train to get into Zephyr Heights!

All we need to do is charge it! And the lighthouse has enough power to do just that!” Said Argyle smiling.

Shining Star grinned. “You are the smartest and best coltfriend ever!” Shining shouted.

“And think about it! A train ride all to ourselves?” Said Shining smirking.

“Oh yeah. Don’t even get me started on how romantic that will be? When do you want to leave? Sunset?” Argyle said sarcastically and laughed.

Shining rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Oh, quiet you. How about nighttime instead? It’ll make us less suspicious.” Said Shining.

“Sounds good with me love.” Argyle smiled, hugging her and kissing her.

“Now there should be a second battery in the front car. Open the floor like I did.

And when we get this out, we’ll head over to the other car and get that out.” Said Argyle as he and Shining disconnected the wires and tried pulling it out of the floor.

===

Later that evening they were back at the lighthouse.

They hooked up the two battery wires, directly into the lighthouse beacon.

“Are they ready?” Asked Shining.

“Yes! You got the lever?” Asked Argyle.

“Yes!” Said Shining.

“Ok let’s do this!” Said Argyle. Shining immediately flipped the lever and the batteries charged up.

“Yeah! Yeah!” Shouted Argyle.

And the batteries charged up completely. “Yes! We did it!” Shouted Shining.

And the two started dancing with joy.

When suddenly they heard something explode behind the lighthouse.

And they ran to the balcony and looked below to see all the streetlights were out.

Suddenly they started laughing. “Did we seriously knock out the power grid!?” Asked Argyle.

“We did! Aaaaahhhh!” Said Shining.

And the two started laughing historically. “Oh, my pony! Did we really just do that!?” Asked Shining howling.

“We did! I mean what am I supposed to say!?” Said Argyle howling alongside her.

“I guess we’ll need a stronger fuse for this place!” Said Argyle, and they started laughing uncontrollably again.

===

The next morning. They unhooked the newly charged batteries from the lighthouse beacon.

Thankfully the power was restored to the rest of the town when they woke up.

And Argyle did exactly what he said he would. He got a stronger fuse for the lighthouse power box; the power came back, and it worked perfectly after that.

Afterwards the two immediately started work on the fake wings they would need as disguises for the one and only Zephyr Heights.

Shining Star was getting close to finishing the fake pegasi wings for their disguises.

Using a more flexible material for the wing spines made the wings seem even more flexible than even a regular pegasus.

After a few days of stitching feathers and binding things together. They finally had their own wing disguises.

Of course, these wings would not fly.

Not that it would matter. They had already made the conclusion several times over in their research or otherwise that the Pegasi couldn’t fly either. Not without the magic in the three crystals.

===

One night. They snuck back into the abandoned train station under canterlogic. Carrying their disguises and backpacks of supplies for Zephyr Heights.

Argyle was carrying two big batteries for their trip to and back. After stepping inside the Zephyr Heights train. The two got into the driver's car and they plugged the battery inside the floor again.

And much to their surprise. It worked

Argyle ran up to the dashboard and pushed the lever forward and the train started moving forward. As it made It’s way to Zephyr Heights.