• Published 1st Jun 2023
  • 270 Views, 3 Comments

I Love the Star in You - Twilyx360

  • ...
0
 3
 270

Chapter 11

-Three Months Later-

Book seven was finished. Book eight was halfway finished.

The feather was put in a glass case.

And the anniversary day had begun. The day when she first wandered into maretime bay and ended up in his care.

And both knew this was it, the time was finally right to open their mouths and confess.

And so that night. The two sat down together and held each other’s hooves.

Argyle went first. “Shining Star… you are the most beautiful, talented, sweet, optimistic and amazing mare I’ve ever met.

And I cannot thank you enough for the year of adventure you’ve given me.

And that is why from the bottom of my heart… I love you.” When he finished, he was crying.

Shining’s eyes went wide. And she also started crying too. “Argyle Starshine…

I’m really happy to hear you say that. You’re the most kind, caring and loving stallion of my life.

And it fills me with great happiness to say that I love you too!” Shining was crying and leaned into Argyle.

And Argyle hugged her. “We love each other.” Said Argyle smiling.

“Mmhmm.

Hey Argyle. I hope this isn’t too much to ask but. It’s been getting lonely in the guest bedroom.

So, can I sleep in your room tonight? With you?” Said Shining.

“I know what you mean. Of course, you can.” Said Argyle as he snuggled into her.

“Thank you.

I just want to be with you. That’s all.” Shining looked up to Argyle and smiled.

And Argyle smiled back to her as they looked into each other’s eyes. “And that’s ok.

Heh. Look at us. We were taught to hate each other; we were forbidden from seeing each other. Much less love each other.

Now. Our friendship blossomed into something new. Love and care. It defeated the fear and hate we had for so long.” Argyle finished.

“Yeah. It’s a forbidden love. But that’s exactly what makes it so romantic.

But I love you. For you. No matter where we come from, no matter what we are.

I promise. As long as I'm with you. I will never hate again. You’ll always be in my heart Argyle. I’ll be there for you no matter what. If you promise to be there for me.” Whispered Shining.

“I promise. And I promise to not hate anypony either.

Shining you’ve been so kind-“Argyle was cut off when she put her hoof on his mouth.

“Shh~ I’ve been waiting for so long. All this time for you.” Shining moved her hoof out of the way.

Argyle and Shining closed their eyes. Their faces leaned in closer. And then their lips met and kissed.

Tears rolled down their eyes as their hearts were beating faster than they ever had before.

And because they were hugging so close together. They could actually feel that their hearts were both beating at the exact same time.

Everything in the world just disappeared. As all they could think about was each other. Just there together in each other’s embrace and kiss.

And then. The most unexpected thing happened.

As everything was happening. The white smooth stone they collected for research started glowing. And it was glowing bright.

The two ended the kiss. Looked at each other. And saw the glow of the stone.

“Look!” Said Shining pointing to the stone.

Argyle and Shining got off of the sofa to take a look at the stone. The glow of the stone somehow made it transparent. There was something inside of it.

Argyle punched it with his hoof and the stone shattered. The two dug in the shattered crystal-like pieces to find what was in there. And they found it.

However, what they found was still glowing. “So, this was causing the glow? What is this?” Asked Argyle. He picked up the object, it was a long prism. About the size of a medium cup. And seemed to be made out of the same material as the rest of the stone.

The sunbeam from the window hit the top of it, causing light reflecting beams of different colors to flourish around the room.

“Woah.” They both said in unison. “This is beautiful.” Said Shining. It dazzled the research area with the glow and light beams. As Argyle waved it around in the air with a smile on his face.

Shining looked around, smiling at the beams hitting every part of the room. She looked around but then she noticed something shocking.

Argyle moved the prism over the books. But when he did, writings and engravings could be seen on their backs.

“Argyle! Move the prism’s glow back to the books!” Argyle did as she asked and moved it over the back cover of book seven and he was amazed at what he saw.

There were thin white lines and words drawn into the cover. “What the!?” Shouted Argyle.

He immediately got the other books out of the chest. Turned them all on their backsides. And held the prism glow over them. And sure, enough all nine of them had different lines, words and drawings.

“Invisible ink?” Asked Shining.

“More importantly, how did this thing light up?” Asked Argyle.

The two looked over the nine books with the prism in hoof.

“It looks like a map of some kind.” Said Shining.

“Yeah. They need to be put together like a puzzle.” Said Argyle moving the books into different ways. Shining followed and moved the books over into the correct order.

Eight of the books were lined up right next to each other. And the ninth was at the very bottom. This turned out to be the right pattern as when they held the prism over the books.

Everything fit into place. It was indeed a map. Part of it was even marked. Maretime bay.

And several messages were drawn into it. Argyle started reading them aloud.

“If you found this map. You are on the first step.

The division of ponykind is happening so everyone was manipulated so they could be conquered by a greater enemy.

I was deceived and had to hide all pony magic into three crystals for each kind. The kingdom of ponies has been hidden away. For good until the time is right.

The crystals are reunited. Could bring magic back to equestria to rise up against this evil.

If this map is found this is where you will find the crystals. And the first step to reuniting ponykind has finally happened.

It is our only hope.

Friendship is Magic. -Twilight Sparkle!” Argyle and Shining looked on in shock.

There were locations in Maretime bay, bridlewood and the Pegasus kingdom of Zephyr Heights that seemed to lead to some kind of shrine to protect something.

“Who is ‘she’?” Asked Shining. “What about the rest of the books?!” Said Shining.

Shining immediately turned back the cover of book nine. And there was another message.

This time Shining was reading it. “Love is what makes Friendship and Friendship is Magic.

If you found one of the three prisms from one of the three locations. You must remember they need love to ignite. Just like the crystals of magic will.”

And she closed it back to the cover.

Argyle put the prism on the desk. And they looked at each other.

“So. Our love made this thing light up?” Asked Argyle.

“It did. And Twilight Sparkle was… real. Everything we’ve been reading are true stories!” Said Shining.

“She knows our world. It has to be.” Said Argyle. He put the prism in the chest and closed it. “It’ll be safe there whenever we need it.” Said Argyle.

“Good thinking. Now remember where we found that stone?

It’s that place. The strange spiral land circle with the trees. I’m willing to bet that is the next place we need to look!” Said Shining.

Argyle thought about it and remembered something about that land. The trees. “Wait you’re right! Remember the trees had nine open compartments on them?” Asked Argyle and Shining nodded yes.

And it dawned on them as they looked back at…” the books!” They both shouted.

“That’s what they were for! Those books are what complete the circuit!” Argyle said in excitement.

“But what is it all for? Do you think that’s the shrine for one of these… crystals?” Said Shining excitedly.

“I don’t know. But there’s only one way to find out.

I don’t want to head back there though. Do you?” Asked Argyle.

“No. And we might need a map anyway. The map we just saw.

How about we head out there one night after we finish everything in the books. And after we’ve held the prism over each page.” Said Shining.

“That’s a lot but you’re right. There’s so much more here now that we have that!

And that land. It must be that shrine it was talking about! The land was probably made to hide it and protect this crystal!” Said Argyle.

The two got really excited at the newfound discovery of… well. Everything.

Their love, the existence of magic, the true stories and what this means for the good of ponies.

They danced the night away knowing they still had a long way to go.