• Published 26th May 2023
  • 464 Views, 23 Comments

I Like You - TheKing2001



When Twilight tells her make friends for a dinner with the Princess, Starlight meets Trixie and the two hits it off. Twilight doesn't approve and angers Starlight.

  • ...
4
 23
 464

Chapter IV

I waved goodbye to Fluttershy and trotted down her path to the rest of town. I kinda wish Sunset was here, she had a similar past to me. Then again, she probably wouldn’t want to be my friend after I took her cutie mark and all. That most definitely wasn’t my greatest moment.

I trotted past a large stage and tilted my head curiously at it before shrugging and continued walking. I didn’t think anything big was going on in the town but I guess I was wrong.

“Hello darling!” Rarity called out from her upper window. A cream mare with a light blue mane waved me over with a smile.

“Hi Rarity.”

“Starlight, meet Coco Pommel. She works for me in Manhattan and is a close friend. Maybe you two can get to know each other?” Rarity suggested with a grin.

I closely examined the mare and circled her, taking careful note of her cutie mark. I’m assume it was a weird hat with a feather, so clearly a fashion cutie. Explains how she came to be working for Rarity.

“Sure why not?” I gave a shrug and stood in front of her. “Uh, hi.”

“Hello,” Coco bowed her head slightly and I raised an eyebrow at Rarity who waved her hooves off in some random direction. “Do you wanna get coffee?”

“Uh sure. I’ll catch up. Gotta have a word with Rarity,” I said and forced a smile on my face as she nodded. I waited till she was a few feet away and spun around. “Are you trying to get us to be friends or get us to go on a date?”

“It’s just coffee darling. And besides, I don’t think Coco swings that way,” Rarity said as she placed a hoof on my shoulder. “Just give it a go. I don’t even know if you swing that way.”

I didn’t really see the point in telling her I was into mares and stallions. Preferably mares but meh, minor details.

“I’m into both but alright. I’ll go for coffee, make a friend, satisfy Twilight,” I said and ignored the back of my mind telling me how dirty that sounded. “And then go to spa probably and take a nap in the hot tub.”

“Ooh, do be a dear and tell Aloe I’ll be there this week! Ciao!”

I made a noncommittal grunt and waved a hoof as I trotted towards Coco. Who knew friendship had so much responsibility?


“So how exactly did you come to work for Rarity?” I asked and stared into my coffee. Despite Rarity proclaiming this wasn’t her attempt to get me a date like she’s tried so many times in the past, it sure felt like one.

“Oh, that’s an easy story. I was working for Suri, she stole Rarity’s designs and tricked her into not going to the fashion competition so she could win. I later told Rarity what happened, I quit and Rarity hired me a few months later after she opened a store front in Manehattan,” Coco explained as she looked around the small cafe we had found. “You?”

“Oh, I met Rarity when they came to village when I forcibly took their cutie marks in an attempt to make all of Equestria give up their cutie marks so I could be the sore ruler and they defeated me. Later, met her again after I confronted Twilight in her castle with Sunset and a few other ponies and tried to alter the timeline so Twilight never met her friends,” I said and leaned back in my chair as Cocos eyed widened.

“I -oh- I see. That’s uhm, an interesting back story?” Coco offered weakly and gave a sheepish smile. “And you haven’t taken anyponys cutie marks recently?”

“No!” I exclaimed and slammed a hoof down on the table, recoiling at her scared expression as some other ponies glanced over at us. “No, I haven’t. Last pony was Sunset Shimmer and that was awhile ago. I don’t really want to rule Equestria anymore. I’d have been a terrible leader anyway.”

Or well, I think I would have been. A country doesn’t really need a former villain ruling the country. Doesn’t really seem like the type of thing to boost morale among the ponies or towns.

“You never know,” Coco offered as I watched the sun start to set. “I mean, you’re trying to change, correct? I don’t think Princess Celestia or Princess Luna were the greatest leaders right from the beginning. They had to learn themselves. And then you had the Lunar Rebellion Nightmare Moon issue.”

“True. But I’m fine with not leading anything ever again. I’m just looking to have a simple quiet life,” I said as Coco chuckled.

“Well maybe living with Princess Twilight in Ponyville isn’t the best place for that. I heard that this town is a regular hot spot for monster activity and then you have the normal drama that seems to follow Rarity and the others.”

“You got a point there,” I said with a faint smile. “Ponyville is kind of crazy. Just last week, we had a herd of goats came rampaging through. The Ponyville Alarm went off like crazy.”

“The Ponyville alarm?”

“Roseluck, Daisy and Lily,” I clarified as Coco nodded. “They get scared super easily and scream whenever a monster comes into town or other animals. Granted, they also scream when a flower stem gets bent so they aren’t entirely reliable but they are okay I guess. Lily doesn’t trust me and thinks I’m going to take her cutie mark so she hides from me with Roseluck. Daisy is pretty much the only friendly one.”

“That’s not nice,” Coco sighed and finished her coffee. “How did they find out about your past?”

“I let Twilight tell the town. If I’m gonna try to change myself, everything I’ve done has to be all out on the table right?” I asked and stood up with Coco, levitating some bits to pay for our coffees. Why we chose coffee when the sun was setting, I will never know.

“I’m not sure. It’s been nice meeting but I have to get back to Raritys.”

“Goodbye,” I muttered as she started to walk away.

“Oh and Starlight?”

“Hm?” I grumbled and looked at her.

“Forgiveness comes from within. Make sure you forgive yourself before other ponies can forgive you.”