• Published 23rd May 2023
  • 253 Views, 2 Comments

Champions vs Changelings - WolfGoddess1990



New characters, new threats, and new elements.

  • ...
1
 2
 253

Prologue

In a dark and barren land sat what looked like a palace made of specialized stone with tons of holes and spires. On the inside the whole place was constantly altering, changing, and morphing into numerous shapes and structures on its own accord. Next to a throne-like structure were tons of creatures who watched as a black chitin insect pony as tall as Celestia walked to the throne, her hooves covered with armored hoof shoes that were dark and moderate green colored, her carapace was dark arctic blue gradient to moderate green and it had a chest plate.

Her mane and tail was dark cerulean, her bug-like wings were huge and full of holes, her crown was long enough to go past her head. She had a gnarled horn that was gradient from black to green, and her eyes were moderate harlequin with grayish opal eyes. She sat on the throne then smiled showing her fangs more clearly, “My children! We have suffered here for too long, we are starving, struggling to live day by day, we might be changelings but we shouldn’t suffer!” All the changelings hissed in agreement as Queen Chrysalis smiled.

They looked all the same, chitin were sea greenish black, carapace dark blue, moderate arctic blue eyes, and a mane and tail that was dark arctic blueish gray. They also had fangs but not as long as the queen's. Chrysalis used her brilliant green magic to bring out a rolled up scroll and her aura actually made seeing her very deep opal eyeshadow easier. She unrolled the scroll and revealed a map of Equestria, “But my spies have found a place bursting with love, more love then any other place in this world. It even beat that crystal empire we couldn’t get into because of that stupid crystal heart!”

They hissed angrily when they remembered trying to break that shield, even though it came from the heart which was filled with love and light the changelings couldn’t do much to said shield. No matter how hard they tried to absorb it or break through it, but they couldn’t absorb it because it was an inanimate shield that was made out of love and light but didn’t feel those things. And they feed off feelings of living things as for breaking it they kept slamming the same side before getting enough burnt chitin that they realized it was a pointless endeavor.

She waited for them to finish before bringing out another map, “I present to you Ponyville!” The changelings buzzed with confusion as they looked at each other, some growled lightly at Chrysalis in a very confused tone and she nodded, “Yes I know it doesn’t make sense, this place was so low not to long ago that it was barely on the list of locations to sneak in for love.” She said bringing out a crystal this time, “But behold what changed in Ponyville!” She activated the crystal and it showed Ponyville today, in the North side of the town was a giant tree.

The changelings looked at the image. They let out growls as they looked at the tree, “Unsure but it was grown with powerful magic, but what’s more important is this…” She turned on the love levels and Ponyville levels burst through the meter that they used to measure love. They all looked shocked that they let out soft clicking noises, “Well that’s the question now isn’t it? I am unsure why the levels changed and we have no clue what that giant tree has to do with anything but this is what my spies came back with.”

Chrysalis smiled at her children, “But the best thing is there is no magical light shield that can stop us from sneaking in. We can gather love to our hearts content but we do have a slight snag.” She showed an image of Pinkie pie and Cheese Sandwich, “These two seem to have odd powers. Our spies were almost caught once so we have to be extra careful when going undercover, but we will get enough love to take Equestria for our own and no pony or creature will be able to stop us!” She shouted and all the changelings shouted in agreement.

Meanwhile in the quarry just outside Ponyville was a pure white pony with light gray scales on her back. She had dragon claws instead of hooves, her mane and tail were brilliant mulberry and her dragon eyes were a beautiful emerald color. Her long unicorn horn ignited with an emerald aura as gems beneath the dirt glowed. She smiled revealing sharp teeth and fangs, her cutie mark a green diamond in the shape of a dragon scale, she started to dig into the earth using her claws until she heard her mother’s voice, “Crystal scales!” Crystal stopped digging as her mother Rarity glared at her.

“Honestly darling, must you always get yourself filthy when we go gem hunting?”
“Mom I got claws for a reason besides you let dad do it!” Spike came towards Rarity holding a bunch of gems in his mouth and covered in dirt. “Your father though an absolute gentledrake has scales covering his whole body, which are much easier to clean.”
“And I’m using my scale covered dragon claws.” Rarity let out an annoyed sigh, “Fine but if you get your fur dirty your paying for your own spa treatment.” At this Crystal let out her own annoyed sigh, “Fine that’s fair.”

Crystal went back to digging despite getting her claws dirty. She managed to keep her body clean and filled up her wagon with gems, “There you see only my claws got dirty, I’m the cleanest gem harvester in the world, now let’s go home we got garments to make and crumpets to bake.”
“Don’t forget we have tea to brew, and for those with special diets gems to munch on.” Both Crystal and Spike licked their lips, “But only after I go through each and every gem! I don’t want another close call like when I found Spike trying to feed Crystal some rare gems.”

“Okay first that was when she was a baby and secondly more variety in the minerals you feed a baby dragon or dragon hybrid is better for them in the long run.”
“You nearly fed her a fire ruby, ocean sapphire, nature emerald, and a wind crystal!”
“Those are the best gemstones for rare minerals.”
“Yes but those are also the rarest gemstones in the world.” Crystal sighed as the two glared at each other before Rarity kissed him, “Oh I can’t stay mad at you forever, let’s let bygones be bygones.” Spike blushed as the three of them left for home.

Two changelings disguised as rocks revealed themselves as soon as they were gone. One was Bellatrix the future queen of the hive, she looked just like her mom, except her eyes which were a dark grayish violet and her magic aura which was a pale light grayish magenta, "Eww I can't believe those two, what a sickening couple to sap love off of!" The other was Thorax the prince of the changelings. He had no chance to the throne because he was male unless he got a queen, which was unlikely since he was so timid, and changelings didn't respect cowards, he was just a bit bigger then the guard changelings and he barely looked like his mom, "I think it's sweet. They clearly loved each other."

"That couple is just wrong!" Bellatrix hissed just loud enough to be intimating, "It's bad enough that a pony and dragon love each other that way but to make a freak of nature!"
"Kirin are real creatures of this world..."
"They don't look like that!"
"Mother told us to come here to spy, not be loud enough for that dragon to hear us." Thorax pointed out plainly and Bellatrix hissed lightly, "I hate when you make reasonable points!" They shifted into their pony forms. Bellatrix became Trixie, same eye color, her coat became brilliant azure, and her mane and tail turned pale cornflower blue with very pale cerulean stripes and a cutie mark of a star wand with a crescent shaped magic aura going under it.

Thorax became Jackpot, a light cornflower blue unicorn with moderate violet eyes and light gray with pale light grayish cornflower blue streaked mane and tail. His magic aura was still very light turquoise and his cutie mark was three gold stars, "Okay so your Trixie Lulamoon and I'm Jackpot your younger brother."
"I know what our cover story is!" She said making a portal and a wagon came out of it. Jackpot hooked himself into the harness as Trixie jumped into the wagon, "So what do you say if those poofy ones ask?"
"We are simple traveling magicians who got lost." She patted his head before closing the doors saying, "Good boy." Jackpot grumbled as he walked towards the town.

Author's Note:

Bah, da, dum! So it turns out all those couples staying together in one location is a bad thing... opps! Also only high ranked changelings can talk so for those who were wondering why all the other ones in Chrysalis hive couldn't talk.