• Published 14th May 2023
  • 582 Views, 9 Comments

Guardians of harmony - WolfGoddess1990



Twilight goes on a journey to gather the elements to defeat Daybreaker

  • ...
2
 9
 582

Friendship is Magic!

After the party was over and they cleaned up the mess, Spike took off into the sky, "I can't believe I was an element all this time." Said Twi.
"Believe it but the readers all ready knew that your element was magic but the author thought that building to the reveal at the end would be a nice reference to the first two episodes of season one of our show, my little pony friendship is magic."
"I'm sorry what?"
"Well a lot of Bronies and pegasisters griped about those episodes being sloppy at best and badly put together at worst, us proving we are the elements was too rushed and the boss fight was squashed too quickly to be a boss fight."

Twi looked at her oddly, "Your saying strange things. Spike the castle is a little more to the left." Spike moved as Pinkie smiled, "Well also in the show your not the daughter of Selena. In fact Selena doesn't exist. Her name is Luna and she looks like a wooby, your the daughter of two normal unicorns, Twilight Velvet and Night Light. Your also the personal student of princess Celestia who needed one after Sunset Shimmer jumped through a mirror portal."
"I'm sorry but why would I jump through a random mirror that can go anywhere? That doesn't seem very smart."
"Well you were a bit pissed when Celestia kicked you out."

"Still that doesn't seem very safe, what if that portal opened to a dangerous realm!"
"Oh the realm you entered was pretty dangerous all right. No magic only technology, the air is thick with toxic fumes, weapons like guns or missiles, deadly machines that can crush you, and worst of all SCHOOL!" Sunset was shaking until the last part was said, "Wait school? School isn't that bad."
"This school isn't fun, you have to sit in small rooms in equally small desks for eight hours, listening to teachers drone on about pointless things, you only get two breaks both barely lasting an hour, and you have to deal with peer pressure from students."

"You also have to carry a mountain of books, cram knowledge into your brain for tests, and hopefully at the end graduate, and maybe get a pointless job that also lasts eight hours for crummy pay!" Sunset shivered, "My gosh I'm so glad our schools aren't like that." Spike looked down wondering if he was going the right way, Twi also looked, "Try going a bit more North." Spike moved flying North. "Also Sunny you don't have a family! Your an orphan, and Sunburst isn't in a loving relationship with his girlfriend Starlight. She started a cult against cutie marks because he left her, she even used her magic to remove cutie marks."

Pinkie shouted dramatically, "She was coo coo, bonkers, crazy banana sandwich! Also Amore isn't alive and she didn't raise her daughter duchess Cadance in the crystal empire, plus the empire was gone for a thousand years because Sombra made it vanish!"
"Okay hold on Sombra is Lucian's dark side."
"Not in the Canon universe, Sombra is the only side he has and we completely disintegrate him!"
"Oh look there's the castle!" Twi shouted thinking thank god for distractions. They landed just far enough away so that no guards would spot them, Twi poked her head through the foliage and spotted stone golems at the front door.

"Oh great, those stone golems won't move unless there is a threat." Spike came forwards, "What about me? I can be seen as a threat."
"Your too young, maybe you'll get one to chase you but not both. Rarity can you find gemstones?"
"Well yes Darling but this is hardly the time."
"Please I need one." Rarity's horn ignited she found gemstones in the dirt and Twi dug them up, she carefully examined them one at a time before keeping a pink gem. Twi poured magic into it then sinked the gem into the metal, Spike grew bigger until he was a young adult, "Whoa growth spurt!"
"Not exactly. It's an illusion but those golems won't be able to tell the difference. They are dumb like rocks like that."

Pinkie laughed, "Hey that was a good joke."
"Anyway go distract them." Spike stomped towards them then roared in their face, they both turned their heads to look at Spike before moving to attack him, Spike ran off and the two followed trying to chase him down. The girls sneaked into the front door being cautious, "Careful girls there could be more guards."
"What about traps? Spooky old castles always booby traps!"
"Sorry Dash but this is a lived in castle, no booby traps here. Be kind of silly putting them in don't you think?"
"Augh bummer this is..."
"Shush!" Twi said clamping Dash's mouth closed, a golem slowly passed by them. It didn't notice them because they were in the hallway.

"Try being a bit quiet! Fighting those golems isn't easy, they have the power to resurrect themselves and unless you crush their crystal heart they will always come back." Twi whispered as she looked around. Once the coast was clear they moved ahead. Dash was grumbling lightly but was staying quiet. They heard yelling and they entered the throne room, Daybreaker was yelling at Dark Eternity, "A bloody game of tag got you this time?!"
"But mother she was teleporting around without a horn, that isn't normal!" Daybreaker hit him in the face so hard it drew blood, "I don't bloody care! You didn't get a single..."

Daybreaker noticed Twi and her friends. "Element." She smiled, "Sombra we have company!" Sombra came into the room as Eternity whipped his bloody lip. "Ah if it's not my darling niece, you look different."
"Daybreaker you and your family have one chance to stop this, please we don't have to go down this route."
"Your right we don't, give me the elements and surrender yourselves to me!"
"Like we would ever do that!" All six of her friends flanked her, three on each side. "Do you even know how to use those trinkets?"
"Uh..." Daybreaker laughed, "Oh how pathetic!" Her firey mane bellowed into the air making a vortex of fire.

"Those miserable gems are nothing but decorations and soon they will be accessories to hang on my wall!" Daybreaker blasted her magic towards them and Twi put up a shield protecting them all. "Hmm, where have I seen this before? Let me think..." Daybreaker hummed some more as Twi strained against the blast, "Oh yes! I remember. This is just the way your mother looked before she was turned to stone!"
"Maybe but I have something she didn't have!" Sombra and Eternity joined in as Daybreaker laughed, "Oh yeah and what's that?" Twi stood proud as she put all her power in the shield, "Friends!" Twi shouted.

"Eternity foolishly told me we can transfer our elements to an Alicorn, let's give them to Twi!" Applejack stated focusing on Twilight. Her element gem glowed, Rainbow Dash did the same, as did Sunset Shimmer, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie pie. All their elements glowed as they transferred to Twilight and she felt a power surge. She looked at her friends, they were all passed out from exhaustion, she looked back at the three corrupted ponies, she tried to use the elements but they weren't doing anything. Daybreaker whispered something to the other two and they put their horns together and the blast gotten three times stronger.

Twi stood her ground but she felt like it was a losing battle. Then she heard her parents voice in her ear, "Accept who you are, your not just Twilight Sparkle." Twi planted her hooves and spread her wings out, "I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, alicorn of the stars and guardian of harmony! YOU WON'T HURT MY FRIENDS!" The gems glowed then moved to the crown, Twi finally connected to the stars, she grew bigger until she was the same size as her mother, her eyes became like a burning white dwarf star, bright and ethereal, her wings have gotten huge sparkling like comet tails, the armor looked better on her now more then ever.

Twi slowly walked closer to them as they tried to push her away with their triple beam, but she kept on moving forwards as if she barely felt the beam at all, "No, I won't go down like this, do you hear me? The day will last forever!" Twilight was lifted off the ground without flapping her wings and they stopped attacking transfixed by her. Finally the crown glowed and blasted them with a rainbow, they screamed until it was over. Twi floated back down looking completely drained, she went back to her previous form before the upgrade to adult alicorn, she managed to see that her parents were back to normal and as was Celestia and her family before completely blacking out.

Twi woke up surrounded by her friends, she slowly got up, "Hey girls... Don't worry I'm fine." "Well darling your not the only one." Rarity said moving aside, Twi saw Celestia talking with her mother, Stygian looking over Lucian for any injuries, and finally... "Chronos!" Twi cried as she ran towards him and tackled him to the ground. They both fell into a tangled heep on the ground as he chuckled, "Wow you really missed me." Twi kissed him like crazy as she hugged him deeply, "Of course I did, I was afraid to never see you again!" Chronos simply hugged her back, "I missed you too."
"Ah hem!" The two jumped apart as their mothers stared at them.

"Queen Selena has agreed to give the sun duties back to me. Of course after I make a public apology for the day lasting so long."
"Oh it's alright Queen Celestia. It only lasted two days at the most."
"I'll still apologize, then we will hopefully take over the castle in Canterlot, my sister told me the Baron is being a burden." Pinkie laughed, "Ha I get it!"
"So we will take over and make things easier in Canterlot."
"But mother I was just reunited with Chronos, do we really have to be separated now?!"
"Oh don't worry, you two are still betrothed so if you want to move ahead with the wedding now..." Twi hugged Chronos who sighed but nodded.

Author's Note:

Buckle up there is still one more chapter!