• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 752 Views, 3 Comments

Apple Bloom's Solo Adventure - SugarTwirl



Apple Bloom decides to take a trip away from home. By herself.

  • ...
 3
 752

The Trigger

Apple Bloom’s Solo Adventure

Chapter 1 – The trigger

Apple Bloom looked out at the scenery of passing trees under the moonlight. She shifted a little in her seat then sighed to herself. She’d done it now. She had just ran away from home….

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier that day, she was helping her big sister sell apples at the usual market place, like they always do. The anxiety of still not having her cutie mark was weighing heavier today on the little filly.

Applejack had just sold four apples to a customer when Diamond Tiara happened to walk by.

“Looks like somepony is still a blank flank. Such a fitting look for you, Apple Bloom.”

Just as Apple Bloom was about to respond, a familiar voice said, “Now look here, lil missy, I dunno who ya are but that don’t give ya the right to talk to mah little sister dat way.”

Laughing Diamond Tiara merely walked away, “Gee, having your sister fight your battles for you? How. Lame!”

Furious, Apple Bloom shouted at Applejack.

“I am NOT a baby anymore! I can take care of mahself!”

“I was just trying to help ya. I am your big sis, after all.”

“You don’t have to keep reminding me. I know that!”

“Well, excccccuuuuussseeee me for tryin to help my lil sis out.”

Apple Bloom and Applejack made the journey back together in silence after selling all the apples. Neither one wanted to admit that they were wrong.

When they arrived home, Big Macintosh was out on the front porch sitting with Granny Smith. He was busy sewing a new dress for his doll, Smarty Pants. The dress was green with a shiny pink ribbon sewn onto it as a belt. A little clumsily sewn but done with love.

Apple Bloom slowly walked over to Big Mac, “Big Mac, where’d ya find the ribbon that you’re using on the dress?”

“It was just lying on the table in the kitchen, so I thought I’d use it for Smarty Pants’ new dress. Do ya like it?” he asked holding it up for inspection.

The already upset filly burst into tears this time. “B-b-but…That was my favourite ribbon! How c-could you?!”, and with that she galloped upstairs to her room.

Big Mac’s apology was drowned out by the loud bang of Apple Bloom’s door.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“No one in this family thinks that I can take care of myself. Well, I’ll show em…” Apple Bloom muttered to herself as she packed her things in a little blue duffel bag. She wrote a letter saying goodbye and placed it on her bed.

She slowly opened her door and there was a note and a brand new red ribbon from Big Mac. This was even better than her last one. Not only was it pink and shiny, it had a lovely apple pattern printed all over it.

On the note was written:

I’m Sorry. Love you, Big Mac.

Apple Bloom hesitantly took the note and ribbon, put it in her bag and quietly crept out of the house. She took one last look at her house.

“Just y’all wait, I’ll show ya who’s a big pony!” whispered to the wind as she trotted away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This is how she ended up here. On the train. A run away.

She had a plan. And she was gonna stick with it. And hey, who knows? She might even get her cutie mark along the way.